NHL 09-10 Season

The Monster is on the IR for atleast a week. Damn it! They better play MacDonald on Saturday!

The Monster is on the IR for atleast a week. Damn it! They better play MacDonald on Saturday!

Meh, it doesn't really matter. I'll just look forward to our lottery position.

Oh wait, we probably traded that away. :argh:

Wings lost Franzen on Thursday for at least 4 months.

They are now down 123 goals from last year from the loss of Hossa (Chicago), Hudler (Russia), Samuelsson (Vancouver), and now Franzen (IR).

Luckily they have a ton of great young players, but everyone will have to step it up now.

Coyotes lost again :no: :( Shame really as they had a good start to the season. Glad to see the Kings win and ill be watching them tomorrow on ESPN. I'm really starting to get into Ice Hockey.

Coyotes lost again :no: :( Shame really as they had a good start to the season. Glad to see the Kings win and ill be watching them tomorrow on ESPN. I'm really starting to get into Ice Hockey.

ESPN plays hockey?! :unsure: :|

Daniel Sedin out 4-6 weeks with a broken ankle. Noooooo!!! But being as I'm pretty sure the Sedins are cyborgs, I think he'll probably be back in a week or so :p

ESPN plays hockey?! :unsure: :|

Yeah here in the UK we've got 2 channels which show American sport ESPN, which shows mostly football (soccer) but after midnight they show either Baseball or Ice Hockey and ESPN America which shows College football and Major League Baseball.

So when is this Kessel guy supposed to start playing for the Leafs?

Not soon enough!

The Leafs never improve because they never hit bottom. Finishing every year in 9th or 10th spot is the ultimate loser position. If you are going to miss the playoffs then miss them hard and go for your lottery position. That is, of course, assuming you haven't traded away your top picks.

We always seem to be a mediocre/poor team that some Toronto G.M. thinks is only one or two free agents away from being a Stanley Cups contender. For some mysterious reason and despite 42 mostly consistent years of evidence to the contrary, hope still springs eternal and the sports radio channels are fulled with lofty predictions every fall for the upcoming coming season.

Many people blame the fans and the high corporate ownership rate of season's tickets. So long as the product sells-out then there is no impudence to improve the team. How long is the waiting list to get new season's tickets (at least for reasonably good seats)? Last time I checked, it was better to pay the deposit in your child's name rather than in your own because you probably won't live that long. A recent study also concluded that Toronto hockey prices were the most expensive in the NHL with a family of four paying $547 to watch a single game with food and parking (if they could even get the tickets). Compare this to the Southern U.S. teams that would allow you to arrive at the game and purchase good and cheap seats without any hassle. But no, Gary, we don't need another team in Southern Ontario. :rolleyes:

The Leafs never improve because they never hit bottom. Finishing every year in 9th or 10th spot is the ultimate loser position. If you are going to miss the playoffs then miss them hard and go for your lottery position. That is, of course, assuming you haven't traded away your top picks.

We always seem to be a mediocre/poor team that some Toronto G.M. thinks is only one or two free agents away from being a Stanley Cups contender. For some mysterious reason and despite 42 mostly consistent years of evidence to the contrary, hope still springs eternal and the sports radio channels are fulled with lofty predictions every fall for the upcoming coming season.

Many people blame the fans and the high corporate ownership rate of season's tickets. So long as the product sells-out then there is no impudence to improve the team. How long is the waiting list to get new season's tickets (at least for reasonably good seats)? Last time I checked, it was better to pay the deposit in your child's name rather than in your own because you probably won't live that long. A recent study also concluded that Toronto hockey prices were the most expensive in the NHL with a family of four paying $547 to watch a single game with food and parking (if they could even get the tickets). Compare this to the Southern U.S. teams that would allow you to arrive at the game and purchase good and cheap seats without any hassle. But no, Gary, we don't need another team in Southern Ontario. :rolleyes:

obviously vegas needs one first...

Still early days but the avs are off to a great start. I didn't watch yesterdays game against the habs but apparently the officiating was rubbish, is this right??

obviously vegas needs one first...

Yeah, the nearly 10,000 fans in Vegas will probably get a team before another one is located in Southern Ontario.

I'm looking for a website or video that will explain NHL to someone that doesn't know anything about the sport. I've been trying to get into this sport, but since I live in the Netherlands I've never even seen an actual game from start to finish, let alone understand the rules of the game.

The videos I found on YouTube are useless.

Any help would be appreciated.