NHL 09-10 Season

What has he won?

Games aren't Stanley Cups or Gold Medals.

But he has two gold medals, one from the 2008 World Championships, and another from the 2003 World Junior Championships. While Roberto Luongo has a gold medal from the Olympics, he has still failed to deliver his team a Stanley Cup. While the Washington Capitals being the number two team in the league behind the Penguins, stand a far better chance of attaining than the Canucks.

But he has two gold medals, one from the 2008 World Championships, and another from the 2003 World Junior Championships. While Roberto Luongo has a gold medal from the Olympics, he has still failed to deliver his team a Stanley Cup. While the Washington Capitals being the number two team in the league behind the Penguins, stand a far better chance of attaining than the Canucks.

actually the caps are first in the league...

How is it that the Canucks do so well, but then frequently lose to the lower ranking teams?!

They suffer from 'It's in the Bag!' Syndrome, whereupon when the Canucks play a unskilled team or manage to hold a lead, the team relaxes, realizing that the game is in the bag and no further effort is required.

actually the caps are first in the league...

For now, the caps have the horrible habit of choking in the playoffs. It is yet to be seen if they can overcome it.

Brian Campbell? The Chicago Blackhawks? The people of Chicago, hoping for the first Stanley Cup for their city in 49 years? In general, hockey fans who want a clean game with players not getting hurt.

Those who do not care are those who profit from Ovechkin.

Yeah even though I don't like Chicago, I don't want to see their players get injured like that.

For others who are praising the Caps, don't forget who is in Washington's division.

Washington 1st

Atlanta 9th

Florida 11th

Carolina 12th

Tampa Bay 14th

Worst division in hockey and the caps play against those teams 24 times per year.

Watch them choke in the playoffs AGAIN this year.

Yeah even though I don't like Chicago, I don't want to see their players get injured like that.

For others who are praising the Caps, don't forget who is in Washington's division.

Washington 1st

Atlanta 9th

Florida 11th

Carolina 12th

Tampa Bay 14th

Worst division in hockey and the caps play against those teams 24 times per year.

Watch them choke in the playoffs AGAIN this year.

that'll probably happen, hence why i figure pittsburgh wins again

so what about those Coyotes.. lol Unbelievable.. lol.

Can't believe it!!!!

I hope they do ok in the playoffs :)

so what about those Coyotes.. lol Unbelievable.. lol.

It makes Wayne Gretzky look like a pretty poor coach. I'm sorry to slag on Captain Canada but the team did start to play well only after he left the team.

On an unrelated note, the Leafs have been better since they traded some of their crappier players to Calgary. They seem to have taken the losses with them.

I don't think so Fred.. Everyone can decipher it differently but I think he went out on a limb signing and cultivating all those young players, and now they are starting to play a lot better. They did go out and get some veterans too which helped and a great trade getting Wolski also contributed.

• 2 weeks later...

It makes Wayne Gretzky look like a pretty poor coach. I'm sorry to slag on Captain Canada but the team did start to play well only after he left the team.

On an unrelated note, the Leafs have been better since they traded some of their crappier players to Calgary. They seem to have taken the losses with them.

Yeah I am suprised that Burke managed to Snatch Phaneuf and Aulie out of that deal. I guess Calgary was probably desperate to make the playoffs. lol.

So Capitals beat the Penguins in all four games they've played? Crosby is a bitch....

Yeah in the regular season. Wait until the playoffs and Ovie & the caps will fold like a cheap suit when they play Pittsburgh again in the second round.

Yeah in the regular season. Wait until the playoffs and Ovie & the caps will fold like a cheap suit when they play Pittsburgh again in the second round.

caps aren't making the second round. as much as jose is STILL my fave goalie, he's going to die in montreal. this is going to the first round upset. seriously the mob is going to make him cry...

i want pheonix, LA, colorado and chicago to move on on the west. east i want habs, philly, ottawa and buffalo (my darkhorse to take the east is buffalo).

but i really think pits is going to repeat, and for sure an east team wins the cup (west has better conference, east has the better teams :p )

caps aren't making the second round. as much as jose is STILL my fave goalie, he's going to die in montreal. this is going to the first round upset. seriously the mob is going to make him cry...

Anti-Capitals FUD from a Habs fan? Oh snap, say it ain't so.

not like you guys have ryan miller or martin brodeur in net ;)

Neither does the Habs to be fair. Washington has too many offensive weapons for the habs to handle. Also, GO AVS! :D