[VS] Clearscreen Sharp for Windows 7

Thanks for the confirmation. I will update the explorer.exe file soon.

@ViperAFK: I fixed the Start Menu bug; will update the .rar package once done updating the new Explorer.exe files (x86/x64). I appreciate your bug reports with the image attachment.

Edited by -KJ

Not really a bug update, but for those who can't take ownership of explorer inside your user account or without using Group Policy, this is how.

1. Right-click explorer.exe

2. Go to Properties

3. Select the Security tab

4. Hit the Advanced button near the bottom-right of the window

5. In this new window, hit the Owner tab

6. Hit the Edit button

7. Select your name/account and hit Apply

8. Hit Apply or OK until all the windows are closed

9. Right-click explorer.exe again and go back into Properties

10. Select the security tab again and hit the Edit button

11. Select your username (yourusername\Users) and checkmark the Full Control box

12. Apply or Ok your way out of those windows and you're done.

Also, for a bug report, the font in CCleaner is really screwy. I'll upload a screenshot.

post-91851-1256446797.png

Thanks for the confirmation. I will update the explorer.exe file soon.

@ViperAFK: I fixed the Start Menu bug; will update the .rar package once done updating the new Explorer.exe files (x86/x64). I appreciate your bug reports with the image attachment.

Thanks for the theme and your hard work... could you maybe get rid of the white box on the taskbar though?

Also, for a bug report, the font in CCleaner is really screwy. I'll upload a screenshot.

post-91851-1256446797.png

I also noticed that. It has only appeared that way in CCleaner for me, but I will continue searching why it's behaving that way. Thanks for reminding me :)

@Ionium: No problem. I will sort the problem, just give me some time as I will have to install Windows 7 x86 version. It seems to only happen on x86, but x64 is fine.

So on x64, the white bar is not there? Hmm interesting.

Yeah.

On Vista, when I made my theme on x86, the white/blank graphics appeared on x64.

Now it's the opposite situation this time. :(

Go figure :/

Uh what am I doing wrong? I place the folder in the zip file into C:\windows\resources\themes and double click the .theme file... but it doesn't change styles?

Did you patch the necessary files?

Extract everything to C:\Windows\Resources.

So now you should have a folder in that directory called clsSharp, and a file in that directory called clsSharp.theme.

I never installed by double-clicking the theme file, but if you right-click on your desktop and click on Personalization, you should be able to scroll down and see the theme under 'Installed Themes'.

@ Kirbeh: Yeah, sorry for the wait. It's up now along with a bugfix for the Start Panels.

@ rm20010: Is this on x86? x86 seems to be having graphical problems where white/blank graphics are strangely appearing.

On x64, I don't have these problems. Here is what my x64 search button looks like:

sg3l.png

I will install Windows 7 x86 tomorrow to fix these blank graphics.

Thanks for the report.

It looks like an excellant theme but how do I replace explorer.exe to get the theme to work?

I've patched all the necessary files, now I'm just waiting for explorer.exe to be replaced by it keeps denying me (because obveously I'm using explorer.exe, so If I wanted to replace explorer.exe, I would have to quit explorer but I wouldn't be able to replace it because I'm using it to replace explorer.exe). And safe mode won't let me replace it.

What am I doing wrong? it's really annoying me that it wont let me replace it.

hmmm.... I downloaded and merged the take ownership into the reg but I can not see "take ownership" in the right click menu, although I can in nearly every other file I right click. Also tried in the Administrator account but still can't see "take ownership".

Sorry, I know I'm getting a little offtopic but it will eventually get me the theme working. :)

Just saw this. VERY nice work.

Just so you know, attention to detail is always appreciated (as I can see some nice things that have been done). This theme is pretty darn good.

The slim superbar looks awesome from the screenshot!

I absolutely love this theme. I was waiting forever for it to be ported, and now that it finally has, I can say that it was well worth the wait.

I love everything about it. The start menu and taskbar are extremely sleek, and the new Orb complements them perfectly. I love the User Picture border as well. All the controls and little details were paid attention to, and were all changed to complement the theme.

Overall, this theme is excellent!

Found a way, you can go to the group policy editor and go to User Configuration > system > custom user interface and select enabled and type in the path of your new explorer.exe and it will use it as default :)

That is a good, and probably safest solution for this, I recommend this to theme makers.