[VS] Clearscreen Sharp for Windows 7

so was the theme updated ? i can't tell ?

I downloaded an updated version yesterday but there's another new bugfix version out.

v3.2 (November 1, 2009):

• Fixed x86 white/blank graphic bug (Systray, IE8 Search)...again

v3.1 (October 31, 2009): Bug fixes & Polishing

• Fixed Start Menu's Userpic in Top Superbar orientation.
  • Revisted the Superbar Thumbnails section, still not sure about it, but I think it looks better than it did.
  • Improved Start Menu blurless area limitation (seen when you first open it, DWM fixes it afterwards) by expanding the white area (Programslist) horizontally to cover it. I can't fix the top part, unfortunately, or that would mean that there will be no gap up there, and I like the gap =p.gif
  • Removed Fading Animation in Explorer Documents section/template. It was an experimentation that I forgot to remove.
  • Fixed Vertical taskbar graphics to stretch proportionately

You shouldn't have to restart to apply the theme. How are you installing the theme. When I did it I right clicked on desktop --> personalize --> then choose ClearScreen from the 'installed themes section'.

I am installing the same way

Clearscreen is also showing in the Installed Themes Section

Could you please tell me step by step on how to install the theme?

BTW i like the concept of this theme

'Square corners' looks promising with my current wallpaper(Posted in November Wallpaper Thread)

I am installing the same way

Clearscreen is also showing in the Installed Themes Section

Could you please tell me step by step on how to install the theme?

I think I installed it the same way as you did. Are you using the RTM version of Windows 7?

First I installed UxStyle patch Windows. Then, I simply unzipped the zip file and copied the files to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and then right clicked on desktop-->personalize and selected the theme.

I don't know then why this theme is not working

I am using the OEM version of Windows 7

I'm out of ideas :( Maybe someone else can post another suggestion. You could try using another Windows 7 theme (there are plenty to choose from in the Customize Windows 7 forum) Doesn't even have to be one you like, but just to see if it applies correctly and it's not a problem with your system.

Thanks for helping & notifying others, ViZioN.

I have been told by some that this theme applies a classic style.

I don't have any problems so I don't know why that even occurs if you have the system patched.

I mean, if I double click on the .MSSTYLES file I also get a dialog with a preview of classic, but when I apply it under Personalization menu, I get the actual theme and not the classic style. :s

But the same thing occurs for me in other themes, so is it really just my theme's problem?

I have an idea of why it's occurring, but I'd rather have a solid reason as to why rather than poking around and guessing when I can't even replicate this problem on my end.

Thanks for helping & notifying others, ViZioN.

No problem :)

I have been told by some that this theme applies a classic style.

I don't have any problems so I don't know why that even occurs if you have the system patched.

I mean, if I double click on the .MSSTYLES file I also get a dialog with a preview of classic, but when I apply it under Personalization menu, I get the actual theme and not the classic style. :s

But the same thing occurs for me in other themes, so is it really just my theme's problem?

I have an idea of why it's occurring, but I'd rather have a solid reason as to why rather than poking around and guessing when I can't even replicate this problem on my end.

Yeah it's a weird issue. Have you been able to narrow it down to a specific Windows 7 version? Or x86, x64?

Kharat, what version is your Windows 7. I'm using Home Premium.

Why do I have to replace explorer.exe to get the Start button? in Vista and XP we never needed to replace it.

Right, but this is Windows 7. For whatever reason, Microsoft decided to stick the Start button graphics in Explorer.exe instead of leaving it in the .MSSTYLES file.

All Windows 7 themes are like this. It's not my choice :(

Right, but this is Windows 7. For whatever reason, Microsoft decided to stick the Start button graphics in Explorer.exe instead of leaving it in the .MSSTYLES file.

All Windows 7 themes are like this. It's not my choice :(

Damn that sucks :(

I'm out of ideas :( Maybe someone else can post another suggestion. You could try using another Windows 7 theme (there are plenty to choose from in the Customize Windows 7 forum) Doesn't even have to be one you like, but just to see if it applies correctly and it's not a problem with your system.

I tried applying the theme again starting from downloading the theme patcher, then the theme.

Heres what I did, step by step, using Windows RTM x64 Ultimate.

1. Downloaded Uxtheme patcher.

2. Applied theme patcher, rebooted.

3. Downloaded Clearscreen Sharp

4. Extracted to windows > resources > themes

5. Changed start orb using group policy process in page 2 of this thread (that worked fine)

6. right clicked desktop > personalise > double clicked Clearscreen Sharp.

7. Windows makes the theme changing sound, but no theme is actually applied. :(

8. Tested theme changing with Harmony Blue which was another theme posted here on these forms - and it works fine. (so its not a system thing)

9. Tried double clicking on the .msstyles file in windows > resouces > themes itself, but it does the same thing as in step 7.

10. Banged head on desk and pouted, then wrote this to OP hoping to get a fix :p

if you need more info - lemme know - but whatever I try it doesn't want to apply the theme :(

There's one minor bug: if you try peeking at a minimized window the titlebar text is black. With some combinations of wallpapers, it can be very difficult to read:

post-99705-1257128312_thumb.png

There's also this shadow bug if you turn off transparency, but this might have to do with limitations in the DWM:

post-99705-1257128364.png

I tried applying the theme again starting from downloading the theme patcher, then the theme.

Heres what I did, step by step, using Windows RTM x64 Ultimate.

1. Downloaded Uxtheme patcher.

2. Applied theme patcher, rebooted.

3. Downloaded Clearscreen Sharp

4. Extracted to windows > resources > themes

5. Changed start orb using group policy process in page 2 of this thread (that worked fine)

6. right clicked desktop > personalise > double clicked Clearscreen Sharp.

7. Windows makes the theme changing sound, but no theme is actually applied. :(

8. Tested theme changing with Harmony Blue which was another theme posted here on these forms - and it works fine. (so its not a system thing)

9. Tried double clicking on the .msstyles file in windows > resouces > themes itself, but it does the same thing as in step 7.

10. Banged head on desk and pouted, then wrote this to OP hoping to get a fix :p

if you need more info - lemme know - but whatever I try it doesn't want to apply the theme :(

same here mate, what version of 7 you got ? i got the Pro from MSDNAA.

lemme know if you find a solution, i'll do the same.

likewise guys...I too followed instructions but can't get it to work even though I've patched the files and changed the 'explorer.exe...

followed 'Anarkiis' steps exactly...applying the style doesn't do anything..:(

using W7 Ultimate RTM x64 7600

There's one minor bug: if you try peeking at a minimized window the titlebar text is black. With some combinations of wallpapers, it can be very difficult to read:

post-99705-1257128312_thumb.png

There's also this shadow bug if you turn off transparency, but this might have to do with limitations in the DWM:

post-99705-1257128364.png

You're right. It's a DWM limitation.

same here mate, what version of 7 you got ? i got the Pro from MSDNAA.

lemme know if you find a solution, i'll do the same.

I got mine off the back of a truck... *cough* anyway it is build 7600 x64 Ultimate. For the life of me thou, cant get it work. Other themes however, as I mentioned before, work flawlessly, but this one is the theme I want installed :(

54440330.jpg

guys, is this how your previews look in the customization window ? or am i doing smth wrong.

i've tried everything but cant get this brilliant theme to work on my pc,

anyway, i tried using explorer.exe and the start orb looks like this start.jpg anyway i can remove that ugly gap underneath the start button.