• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

Argote    73

LOL @ the soft release theories.

Some more shots:

4114629202_d5b332d21f.jpg

4116542068_abc9d80513.jpg

4117850343_573319def8.jpg

o0moonman0o    54
LLF, if moonman gets any shallower with DOF he'll be out of focus!

most famous pics aren't in focus anyways! HAHAHA!

It produces even shallower DOF xD

I don't know. Probably a softer release feeling. Like on pro DLSR bodies. I can only relate to D700, which has a very smooth release.

yeah it makes pressin the shutter down easier cuz the shutter button on the m bodies are curved downwards and usually u need to press it quite far down to shoot. with a soft release it makes it easier and most likely prevents camera shakes at lower speeds.

:p why a basketball infront of a soccer net? :p

crazzy88ss    65

Click the link for the description.

badldragon    4

Latest:

Kind Regards to You, My Victim

4120773956_d27224e3cb_b.jpg

Flickr description explains it:

The wee lad made this out of some ice lolly sticks (popsicle sticks to non-UKers) and painted the face on it.

It was just sitting there on my bed and for some reason I imagined it as a creepy serial killer calling card (cos they alway leave their cards behind, lol) so endeavoured to take the above snap.

I'm starting to really like that curved edge to my photos (through lightroom on the vignette panel) can see it being my "thing" for the next little while.

Malc

o0moonman0o    54
I'm starting to really like that curved edge to my photos (through lightroom on the vignette panel) can see it being my "thing" for the next little while.

Malc

ooo nifty! omg crazy88s, attach the info next time in ur post here :p not everyone looks at ur flickr.. :o! HAAAAAAA j/k :p

4120348941_42c3d9490f.jpg

Prince Charming    163

i just realised the soft-release actually IS for more bokeh, cos the depth of field is so small moonman can't afford any camera movement ;P

o0moonman0o    54
i just realised the soft-release actually IS for more bokeh, cos the depth of field is so small moonman can't afford any camera movement ;P

ROFL smart pandya!!

badldragon    4

You know what? I've figured it out. It isn't that moonman shoots a small DOF it's just that he uses Giagantic models in his photos giving the "illusion" of it being normal sized with an infinitesimal DOF.

It's so obvious to me know I don;t how I could not see it before!

In all seriousness though, I'm totally jealous.

[in the high pitched tones of Sting] I want my f1.2!! :cry:

o0moonman0o    54
You know what? I've figured it out. It isn't that moonman shoots a small DOF it's just that he uses Giagantic models in his photos giving the "illusion" of it being normal sized with an infinitesimal DOF.

It's so obvious to me know I don;t how I could not see it before!

In all seriousness though, I'm totally jealous.

[in the high pitched tones of Sting] I want my f1.2!! :cry:

LOL!!!!!! a new theory!!! lol!!!! theres plenty of mf f1.2 lens around for budget prices :p

badldragon    4
LOL!!!!!! a new theory!!! lol!!!! theres plenty of mf f1.2 lens around for budget prices :p

Yeah, I've got a f1.8 50mm, focusing on manual is a bitch with moving objects but I do not bad with non moving (see latest image).

And I've a D40 so an AF lens at f1.4 or f1.2 is a big spend.

o0moonman0o    54
Yeah, I've got a f1.8 50mm, focusing on manual is a bitch with moving objects but I do not bad with non moving (see latest image).

And I've a D40 so an AF lens at f1.4 or f1.2 is a big spend.

u don't have a 1.2 choice that has AF :p. 1.4 with AF is not expensive, 50AFS G is ur choice.

crazzy88ss    65

Yea it's "only $450." However, the sigma 50mm f1.4 (for $500) will definitely be my next lens.

Numpad    0

my fave pic i have taken :)

photo033.jpg

Andre    9

What's so special about Sigma that I keep hearing about.

badldragon    4
Yea it's "only $450." However, the sigma 50mm f1.4 (for $500) will definitely be my next lens.

Yeah, it's not exactly "cheap" but I'm being more and more tempted.

Had a look at the sigma - pretty much the same but indications are it performas slightly better with auto focus speed.

I'll probably still go with the nikkor as it's a bit cheaper over here.

I shall refrain from derailing this thread any further.

:laugh:

crazzy88ss    65
What's so special about Sigma that I keep hearing about.

The general opinion is that the Sigma is a bit sharper wide open than the Nikon. But the main factor is that the bokeh is much much better. And if you're shooting at f1.4, you're going to have bokeh. So you may as well have good looking bokeh.

o0moonman0o    54
The general opinion is that the Sigma is a bit sharper wide open than the Nikon. But the main factor is that the bokeh is much much better. And if you're shooting at f1.4, you're going to have bokeh. So you may as well have good looking bokeh.

the difference is minimal in terms of bokeh wide open. depends on wat u want to use, the 50 afs g is quite small and would go rather well with a smaller body. the sigma is quite big for a 50mm lens.

crazzy88ss    65

phft that's not what you said when I asked you!

Oh well. As long as it's sharper... lol

Argote    73

I've heard that the Sigma 50mm f1.4 is better than the Canon/Nikon/Sony equivalents in sharpness and overall image quality so that's what is so special about it.

o0moonman0o    54
phft that's not what you said when I asked you!

Oh well. As long as it's sharper... lol

i said it's sharper wide open than nikon equivalent but it's much bigger and stopped down the nikon has better bokeh. :p

crazzy88ss    65

sigh.

badldragon    4

lol @ top image - guys got extra arms (and a leg) growing out of the side of him