The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

As the debut in TNA for Ken Anderson was nearly certain, it got me wondering what his gimmick would be with his new employer. I think many assumed he would be Mr. Anderson in TNA. That was the name he was using just recently on the senior citizen tour with Hogan and Flair.

I was thinking though, how funny it would have been for him to make his first TNA appearance, grab the microphone, and when he goes to introduce himself we would hear.....

Miiiiiiissssstttterrrr.......McMahon..........McMahon.

So much irony and humor if he would have gone with Mr. McMahon as his new name. The storyline from 2007 that he was going to be a son of Vince McMahon but instead it ended up being Hornswoggle because Kennedy got suspended. The irony continues as Kennedy was his WWE name and the real middle name of Vince McMahon.

If anyone thinks Mr. Anderson plans to make the rest of his wrestling career in TNA, think again. He is in TNA because its the next biggest wrestling company in the United States and on television. It also provides an easier schedule that allows him to keep his hand in other potential non-wrestling projects. WWE is the top dog and the place he would want to be. Its where his wrestling idol, Stone Cold made his career, its the company that put Stone Cold on television and got Ken Anderson really interested in wrestling. WWE offers greater exposure and money!

While wrestling as Mr. McMahon would have been clever and just the verbal shot that Hogan and Bischoff would have love their new ?surprise? to bring to the table, it would have not put him in any good water of ever trying to return to the WWE.

After going to TNA for a while until you have hit your personal ?star status? ceiling and then coming back to WWE, you may get a roster spot back, but don't expect to get great treatment. Christian is the best example of that. He should be doing bigger things than being the ECW champion. Although there is hope as Jeff Hardy had a stint in TNA several years back and returned to the WWE to become a world champion.

So is it career suicide for Mr. Anderson that he is in TNA? I don't think it is.

He hasn't been with the WWE in 8 months, and as of his debut in TNA, he was in no better position of returning to the WWE than he was back in May. I think that if his time in TNA is long and productive enough, he can try to go back to the WWE and fight for a spot.

If Mr. Anderson is in TNA for a short 2 months, or his television appearances become random, than its due to injury, his heart not being in the product, or TNA not having nothing for him to do. All which would be extremely unattractive in your interview to get back with WWE and gain the trust and interest of the company and his fellow wrestlers.

However, if his run with TNA is steady, it keeps him relevant and a WWE return would be possible. A WWE return would mean he would have to avoid being buried and humiliated, but at least he would be back on the winning team trying to earn a spot versus beating guys like Jeff Jarrett to qualify for a title shot.

I think the best thing for Mr. Anderson to do while in TNA is to use it as a televised tryout for WWE. Stay healthy, stay good on the mic, and don't say anything stupid like.....

?Whatcha gonna do Vince McMahon, when TNA is coming for you??

Alec Clark sent along the following:

I found this on the Wells Fargo Arena website. Raw will be televised there on February 15, 2010. The main event listed is a WWE Championship match involving Sheamus against John Cena. This would imply Sheamus defeating Orton at the Royal Rumble. Here is the link: hxxp://www.iowaeventscenter.com/shared/event_detail.aspx?EventID=3853916&WebLink=4CF.1C2E4C8F

from the Impact taping on Monday

"Before the tapings started, the Impact Zone crowd was addressed by members of the TNA staff. They talked to the crowd about not cursing, making obscene gestures, or gang signs. They called the crowd 'cast members' and basically told the crowd that they needed to be quiet."

I'm not going to post the spoilers because quite frankly, you all know the show is going to suck.

Mondays tapings were the January 21 edition of Impact

There were also taping on Tuesday for next weeks [Jan. 28] Impact..

In a segment taped for the February 11th Impact:

Samoa Joe comes out and calls out TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles. Styles comes to the ring with Ric Flair. Joe talks about how him and A.J. have been involved in some of the best clashes in TNA and that A.J. earned the respect of the fans. Joe tells A.J. that by screwing over Angle, he threw all of the respect away. Flair says that A.J. is the champion and that Joe and the fans will learn the definition of respect. Joe calls A.J. the last pure thing in TNA and that he threw that away as well. A.J. mentions that Joe has turned on more people than Styles has and that Joe has no room to judge. Styles comments about how every time someone comes in like Taz, Joe gets in their face. Joe responds by telling A.J. that every time someone new comes into the company A.J. gets on his knees and kisses the ring of his new sugar daddy.

A.J. goes to the ring and they brawl with Joe getting the upper hand. Joe had A.J. set for the muscle buster but Flair came in and hit Joe with a low blow. Flair and Styles taunted Joe before leaving the ring.

-----------------

So, the main event for Against All Odds on February 14 is AJ Styles vs. Fat Joe

*interesting note on PPV in Canada/United States

Viewer's Choice in Canada is the only ppv provider that carries the TNA PPVs in high-definition.

BellTV [Canada], Dish Network [uSA] and DirecTV [uSA] only show them in standard-definition.

Edited by timster

During a live webcast yesterday, TNA Knockout Awesome Kong asked stated the following: "People are sending me messages about my request for my release. I don't know. Originally, I was supposed to go to the UK, but I'm not going there now. I told TNA I would think about it. All they had to do was wait ten minutes." While it has not been confirmed, reports are indicating that Kong has indeed asked for her TNA release, although I can expect that TNA will do their best to keep her from leaving.

:(

TNA Impact Moving To Mondays, Airing Live Every Other Week

Dave Meltzer is reporting TNA Wrestling will move Impact to Monday nights permanently beginning on March 1st on Spike TV. According to Meltzer, the show will be live every other week with the company taping the taped show the following Tuesday starting on March 2nd.

This is no surprise as we have been reporting since TNA's live Impact on January 4th that company officials wanted to move from Thursday to Monday nights. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have both said it is essential they get their programming on Monday nights and it is important to be live.

TNA Impact set their ratings record on January 4th on their three-hour broadcast which featured the television debut of Hulk Hogan.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/tna-news/tna-impact-moving-to-mondays.php

Awesome news!

Supposedly Scott Hall will not be there long. Hopefully he's gone after AAO.

Personally I'd like to see Ric Flair use A.J. Styles as the basis of a new Four Horsemen-like stable with all younger talent. A.J.'s into that biblical stuff.

impact should be good tonight i thought last week was really good

Last week didn't get really good until the last half-hour.

Now next week's show is going to be awesome. Trust me. :whistle:

TNA star Taz has posted the following on his Twitter account: "Dr. just called w/MRI results on my knee. Is it bad when the Dr says "your knee is SHOT!" They want to do a "partial" knee replacement."

TNA agent Scott D'Amore has left TNA Wrestling. D'Amore posted the following on his Facebook page:

"Scott D'Amore would like to wish TNA well in their future endeavors. More to follow."

LOL he's so going to WWE. :p

I didn't even know he was still around :unsure:

where's Petey Williams these days? and his awesome finisher!

If I'm not mistaken I think Petey is gone from TNA. Either that or he's not being used at all.

If I'm not mistaken I think Petey is gone from TNA. Either that or he's not being used at all.

Yep, he was released from his contract almost exactly a year ago. He's been wandering round the indie promotions ever since. In one of them, he reformed Team Canada with Johnny Devine.

They ruined him when they put him with Steiner

speaking of Scott Steiner

Several readers have sent in word that TNA has removed Scott Steiner's name from their roster page. It has not been confirmed or announced, however, that Steiner has left the company. More details on this as they become available.

According to a source within TNA, Jeff Hardy is telling people that he's still "supremely confident" that he will get out of the current legal mess he's in, and if he does, he's headed to TNA.

When Hardy debuted with TNA back on the live, January 4th Impact special, the deal was for one night only despite reports claiming that he had signed some type of extended contract with the company.

However, Hardy's agent is still negotiating with TNA, and Jeff fully expects to be a full-time member of the TNA roster if/when his legal situation clears up.

The following matches will take place at this Sunday's TNA Against All Odds PPV. As always, WrestleZone will be providing complete, LIVE coverage of the event beginning at 8pm EST!

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match:

-AJ Styles © with Ric Flair vs Samoa Joe

-Team 3D vs The Nasty Boys

8 Card Stud Tournament, with the winner receiving a TNA Title Shot:

Announced Participants: Mr. Anderson, Desmond Wolfe, Hernandez, Kurt Angle and 4 other TBA wrestlers.

---------------------------------

Source: The Wrestling Observer

It's being reported that on a recent edition of The Bubba The Love Sponge Show, Hulk Hogan claimed that he will be turning heel soon. Additionally, he said that he does not want his daughter Brooke to become an on-air performer in TNA.

As you can see if you check out the current "Before The Bell" special on DirecTV, Eric Bischoff has implemented a ranking system to justify who's in line for title shots in TNA.