The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

Mike Koplin sent along the following: I am guessing that you guys have already heard this or watched the show but, I was just watching Before the Bell and the last four competitors for the 8 Crad Stud Tournament were shown. Matt Morgan, Mick Foley, The Pope and Abyss were interviewed about the upcoming tournament. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks.

Chad Wyers sent along the following: Just something interesting I found, Tylene Buck (Formally Known as Major Gunns) not does webcam shows. Check it out at: http://www.streamate.com/cam/TyleneBuck/?load=0

Mike Koplin sent along the following: I am guessing that you guys have already heard this or watched the show but, I was just watching Before the Bell and the last four competitors for the 8 Crad Stud Tournament were shown. Matt Morgan, Mick Foley, The Pope and Abyss were interviewed about the upcoming tournament. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks.

Chad Wyers sent along the following: Just something interesting I found, Tylene Buck (Formally Known as Major Gunns) not does webcam shows. Check it out at: http://www.streamate.com/cam/TyleneBuck/?load=0

wth :laugh: :devil: :alien:

TNA sent out a press release today noting that TNA will be making a "major announcement" this Monday at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Fla.

Company president Dixie Carter and Hulk Hogan will be making the announcement at 2:30 p.m. EST before TNA tapes its next set of iMPACT! episodes.

As reported earlier, TNA sent out a press release on Friday stating that Dixie Carter and Hulk Hogan would be making a "major announcement" on Monday afternoon prior to the iMPACT! tapings. It is almost certain that TNA will be announcing that iMPACT! is moving to Monday nights in March.

Following the ratings success of January 4th's Monday night iMPACT! special, TNA and Spike have been working out a deal that would bring iMPACT! to Monday nights permanently. While there were serious of hang-ups during the negotiations, most of the major hurdles have been cleared.

No word on if they'll run from 8-10EST or 9-11 EST although there were rumors several weeks ago that TNA iMPACT! would run from 9-11pm (eastern), head-to-head with WWE RAW for two hours straight. The show will not be live each week at the beginning, but it's certainly an option down the road if the show is a success and the show generates more money. It appears right now that one week will be live and the following week will be taped on Tuesday. They would continue that rotation (one week live, one week taped) for the time being.

As for what qualifies as successful, it's believed that a 1.2-1.5 is what both sides are expecting. There is always the possibility that Spike moves the show back to Thursday nights in the event that the rating falls off significantly, but the network is said to be behind TNA and will give them some time to establish themselves on Monday nights.

This week's edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a final 1.19 rating with 1,613,000 total viewers.

This week's edition of WWE Superstars drew a final 1.02 rating with 1,174,000 total viewers

-------------------------------

i'm not sure what is the sadder of the two, over a million people watching a recap show or impact drawing less than 500,000 more viewers than the raw recap

TNA Wrestling officially released the news to Variety that starting March 9th the company will go live on Monday nights from 9-11PM, head-to-head against WWE RAW.

According to the report, TNA will go live alternate weeks and a taped show the other week.

Odd, considering March 9th is a Tuesday lol :D

Dunno why, I don't think he's so great over someone like AJ or Kurt etc. Hell, I'd rather see Mr. Ken...Anderson (Anderson) get the push since he's a good personality lol

Dunno why, I don't think he's so great over someone like AJ or Kurt etc. Hell, I'd rather see Mr. Ken...Anderson (Anderson) get the push since he's a good personality lol

nor me plus Anderson beat Angle as well.

Rob Van Dam appeared on the Right After Wrestling Sirius XM satellite radio show on Monday night and gave an update on his wrestling future.

Now that TNA iMPACT! is moving to Monday nights starting March 8th, could we see "Mr. Monday Night" back where he belongs? Van Dam said, "I feel fairly optimistic because I know TNA is trying really hard to make a good deal for me and that's basically where we're at."

He added that there's a "good possibility" he will consider an offer from TNA and WWE's hectic travel schedule is something he's not looking to relive. "Everything is worth putting on the table to consider, but when it comes time to consider going back to that full-time travel schedule with WWE, that's not something that I'm wanting to do right now," RVD said. "The schedule with TNA and also probably their appreciation for RVD might also be a benefit over WWE."

RVD says that WWE wants him back too, but TNA has been more pro-active about trying to sign him. "WWE would love to have me come back on a full-time basis, but as you know by pointing out that Hogan called into my radio show and stayed on for about an hour, they have been very pro-active and trying to acquire RVD," RVD said. "That leads me to believe I would have a good spot if things do work out there. We'll see."

WWE wants him, but RVD has not forgotten that he was unhappy towards the end of his last run there. "WWE had me so burnt out because my contract said I would get a weekend off every month and I never did and they wouldn't give it to me," RVD said. "When I would tell them I'm so burnt out I don't want to be here and I'm resenting traveling and coming to work every day, they would double-book me. So, that's how it went down."

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (AP) ? Police say the wife of pro wrestler Ric Flair has been charged with assaulting him in their North Carolina home.

In this Dec. 16, 2008 file photo, former pro wrestler Ric Flair and his then girlfriend Jackie arrive at the premiere of the film "The Wrestler" at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif., Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2008. AP Photo

Multimedia

Photoview all photos

In a statement, Flair called the incident an unfortunate disagreement and said he did nothing wrong.

Authorities say officers were called to Flair's home in south Charlotte on Sunday night. Flair said his wife attacked him after they went out for dinner. He had minor injuries, but refused treatment from paramedics.

Police charged 41-year-old Jacqueline Beems with simple assault. She was released from jail a few hours after her arrest.

The 60-year-old platinum blond grappler nicknamed "The Nature Boy" is currently wrestling for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling after a long career with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/wrestler-ric-flairs-wife-charged-with-assaulting-him/article/3441612?custom_click=headlines_widget#ixzz0gNtEoJ8c

On his newly launched Facebook fan page, Eric Bischoff commented on the chances of certain former WCW talent joining TNA Wrestling.

When asked if TNA could hire Vampiro, Bischoff wrote, "No talent gimmick come lately."

Another reader noted that Bischoff previously said there was no chance of Diamond Dallas Page showing up in TNA. However, the reader wanted to know whether there was a possibility of Kimberly Page surfacing in Orlando.

"Double no," Bischoff wrote.

When asked about former WCW Cruiserweight Champion Juventud Guerrera, Bischoff called him "a world class screw up." A reader then said that the same could be said about Scott Hall. Bischoff responded, "Good point, but Scott Hall has the potential to be one of the greatest minds in the business and still has a gift in the ring. Juventud....I'd rather take an ice pick to my thigh."

Responding to a query of Goldberg joining TNA, Bischoff said, "I spoke briefly to Bill a week ago, and while the subject of TNA did not come up, I sincerely doubt that Bill has any interest in getting back into the wrestling business."

Finally, Bischoff called WWE's guest host initiative a "weak stunt."

hogan has indicated RVD has signed with TNA. he didnt mention him by name but in the video (around 1:52) he makes a certain gesture with his hands.

As previously reported, Hulk Hogan appeared on NYC radio host Jim Kerr's "Rock 'n Roll Morning Show" this morning and virtually confirmed that Rob Van Dam has signed with TNA Wrestling. While Hogan never mentioned Van Dam by name, studio cameras caught Hogan doing RVD's "pointing to yourself" gesture while talking about an exciting new talent acquisition that he just heard about last night.

With TNA moving to Monday nights and now news leaking out that RVD has likely signed with TNA, the logical assumption is that Van Dam is one of the "major surprises" TNA is teasing for Monday's live iMPACT!

According to sources, people within TNA are said to be "fuming" mad that the RVD news leaked out.

Additionally, it is worth noting Spike TV has acknowledged the news of RVD signing with TNA on Twitter, writing: RT @TNA_FANS: HULK HOGAN confirms "Mr. Monday Night" RVD has signed with TNA Wrestling!

According to a report on PWInsider.com, TNA Knockout Roxxi is apparently no longer with the company. That adds to the list of Traci Brooks and Sean "Val Venis" Morley of people who have recently departed with the company one way or the other in the last 24-48 hours

Bill Goldberg Denies TNA Rumors, Says Hulk Hogan Is "Full Of Crap"

Source:Tulsa World

In an interview with Tulsa World, Bill Goldberg squashed rumors that he is headed to TNA. Hulk Hogan recently said that Goldberg was negotiating with the Nashville based wrestling organization, but the former WCW grappler feels Hogan's full of it.

"Pardon my French, but Hulk Hogan's full of crap because I was never in negotiations with TNA," Goldberg told James Royal. "Do I see myself getting back in the wrestling ring? I'm 43 years old. Do I want to be Ric Flair? Do I want to be Hulk Hogan? In the twilight of my life, do I want to be running around in my underwear trying to injure people? Absolutely not."

Goldberg said having a child has changed his perspective to where it's not about himself, but providing for his family.

"(Wrestling) was a stage in my life, a wonderful stage. Do I ever see it happening again? You never say never, but I don't see it likely by any stretch of the imagination," Goldberg said. "I'm putting together chicken nuggets that are shaped like dinosaurs for my kid and I'm watching 'SpongeBob' as opposed to sitting up at the gym, thinking about myself. I've just kind of moved on, and I don't see it happening."