New Super Mario Bros Wii

Anyone as excited about this as I am? :)

31219_new_super_mario_bros_wii-v3.png

The game is basically the good old Mario sidescroller as you know it from the SNES/NES-Times, just with modern graphics and some cool motion- und multiplayer features. Its out next week, I hope it rocks!

First review by gamespot

!

Can't wait to jump through the worlds with three of my friends! :)

post-21406-1258327759_thumb.jpg

post-21406-1258327770.jpg

Love the game.. beat it the other day.. Box art is actually red.. I think the one in the OP is just a photoshopped version .. :p

Good game. hard as hell, and man.. its got loads of secrets.

• Like 1

Love the game.. beat it the other day.. Box art is actually red.. I think the one in the OP is just a photoshopped version .. :p

Good game. hard as hell, and man.. its got loads of secrets.

Red, really? Cool, didn't know! Is the multiplayer any good on this?

sounds good, but the gfx look like this game plays on the n64 - the screenie don't look too good :(

Yeah, but thats something I've seen on other games too...The Mari Kart Wii screens looked bad too, the ingame gfx was way better...

I can't wait for this either! 1 question though... Is it the same as the DS version? Or is it a whole new game?

It's a whole new game completely. And here's the official boxart for you.

new-super-mario-bros-wii-box.jpg

And this is why Mario has kept his relevance whereas Sonic is seen as a joke...

People want the old-skool gameplay! I personally WILL be getting this, as the DS version rocked!

And this is why Mario has kept his relevance whereas Sonic is seen as a joke...

People want the old-skool gameplay! I personally WILL be getting this, as the DS version rocked!

The new sonic game, despite being only a teaser, looks promising, then again, let us not forget the Sonic cycle...

-Rich-

whole new game... but if you havent played the DS version, get it! Totally worth it...one of the best mario games in a long time..

I've been wanting to play the DS version for ages! Unfortunately, don't have a DS and can't justify the price just to play the 1 game really. Oh well, about to pre-order this for the Wii! :D

For everyone already playing this? Hows the control? Do you need a nunchuck for this?

No you just use the Wii Remote. It feels like classic Mario but it is really really hard!

How do you control his motion then?

You hold the remote sideways like you do if you use the remote to play NES VC games. D-Pad is movemebt and 1 and 2 are the jump and run buttons.