New Super Mario Bros Wii

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to getting this, me and the girl are going to play through some of it on Saturday.

2 player FTW, no one wants to be a ****ty generic mushroom character :laugh:

Damn this game is ****ing me off. So good single player, so bad mulitplayer. To think the more players you have the harder it is! It's almost impossible to to some of the obstacles in later levels with 3 or 4 players unless you start picking each other up, thereby completely forfitting the need to even be playing multiplayer.

Played a fair bit of this with the GF over the weekend, okay it's cool an all but Nintendo really need some new ideas apart from just rehashing everything constantly.

Played a fair bit of this with the GF over the weekend, okay it's cool an all but Nintendo really need some new ideas apart from just rehashing everything constantly.

The market was obviously screaming for a 2D Mario. It sold like crazy. Maybe Nintendo will make a new 2D Mario with more new stuff now.

The market was obviously screaming for a 2D Mario. It sold like crazy. Maybe Nintendo will make a new 2D Mario with more new stuff now.

Yep, I'd like that!

Honestly I think most of the people playing new super mario bros wii wouldn't have even played the old ones. I think that any slightly good nintendo published game on the Wii does really well because it is so much easier for it to stand out against the huge pile of crap ones. This coupled with the biggest advertising campaign yet for a wii game that completely focused on making it look like it was "fun for the whole family". I think the market was just screaming out for a GOOD co-op game and the fact it had the Mario name made it sell even better. Sux for familys who brought it only to find it's a million times too hard for their kids.

Dont get me wrong I love the game, but it makes more sad than happy, because to me it symbolises nintendo becoming even more lazy and unninovative.

My girlfriend and I play this game every night before we have sex. It's great foreplay, especially when I throw her down a hole then she gets really angry and does nasty things to me!

My girlfriend and I play this game every night before we have sex. It's great foreplay, especially when I throw her down a hole then she gets really angry and does nasty things to me!

lol i think ur joking but i'n not sure... :unsure:

Honestly I think most of the people playing new super mario bros wii wouldn't have even played the old ones. I think that any slightly good nintendo published game on the Wii does really well because it is so much easier for it to stand out against the huge pile of crap ones.

So why did it massively outsell both Galaxy and Twilight Princess?

Dont get me wrong I love the game, but it makes more sad than happy, because to me it symbolises nintendo becoming even more lazy and unninovative.

Or they are realizing what the market wants.