New Super Mario Bros Wii

Great game :) hopefully I'll be 100% done tonight :) All I need to do at this point is find how to access 7-6 (I have a good idea where it is...) and get the 3 star coins and finish the matching stage in the special world and I'll be done :) Overall it was a great game and I can't wait for xmas time to play it with a bunch of people

You hold the remote sideways like you do if you use the remote to play NES VC games. D-Pad is movemebt and 1 and 2 are the jump and run buttons.

Wow, they really returned to the old style. I'll have to check it out.

I'm a little confused as to whether to pick this up.

Alot of reviews say that the game is really fun others, where as others say that the single player is the only decent part and the multiplayer is just ****.

I only want to play multi so whats your guys opinions.

An example of a negative multiplayer review (most have these same criticisms): Nowgamer review

I'm a little confused as to whether to pick this up.

Alot of reviews say that the game is really fun others, where as others say that the single player is the only decent part and the multiplayer is just ****.

I only want to play multi so whats your guys opinions.

An example of a negative multiplayer review (most have these same criticisms): Nowgamer review

Oh...look at that... :huh:

Im going to play this with friends only...this is confusing me now...

NEVER TRUST AN IGN REVIEW lol honestly I know that sounds harsh and biased but at least read some other reviews first. I was an avid IGN fan for years but over the last year or two their reviews have completely shat the bed. I'm talking half page reviews that don't even talk about gameplay, to cut and pasted reviews from the console section for pc ports etc. etc. etc.

Although their txt review of New Super Mario Bros didn't seen too bad, I havn't played it yet so dunno if I agree with it...

NEVER TRUST AN IGN REVIEW lol honestly I know that sounds harsh and biased but at least read some other reviews first. I was an avid IGN fan for years but over the last year or two their reviews have completely shat the bed. I'm talking half page reviews that don't even talk about gameplay, to cut and pasted reviews from the console section for pc ports etc. etc. etc.

Although their txt review of New Super Mario Bros didn't seen too bad, I havn't played it yet so dunno if I agree with it...

Ya, I watched that review yesterday. The reviewer seemed kinda schizophrenic. He was saying how disappointing and how great the game was at the same time... Pick one. :p

I was a bit disappointed that all you get for collecting all the star coins (even from World 9), is a stupid message that says congratulation you finished everything in the game....sounds like they could have done a bit better...

But anyhow I've really really enjoyed the game :)

+1 for this game being awesome. I picked it up the day it came out and I havent stopped playing it. The multiplayer is hilarious but it can be very challenging at times. This is definitely the hardest Mario I have ever played.

+1 for this game being awesome. I picked it up the day it came out and I havent stopped playing it. The multiplayer is hilarious but it can be very challenging at times. This is definitely the hardest Mario I have ever played.

+1, people seem to think the multiplayer was meant to make things easier, but in reality it makes everything harder (except collecting star coins) and that's the fun part.

I was a bit disappointed that all you get for collecting all the star coins (even from World 9), is a stupid message that says congratulation you finished everything in the game....sounds like they could have done a bit better...

But anyhow I've really really enjoyed the game :)

The Wii: No Achievements, No Fun. :p

Kidding. I love the game. Brings back a lot of memories.

And this is why Mario has kept his relevance whereas Sonic is seen as a joke...

People want the old-skool gameplay! I personally WILL be getting this, as the DS version rocked!

Not necessarily true. Super Mario 64 and Galaxy were really fun. I think Sonic has lost relevance because the newer 3D Sonic (Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was good IMO) games suck. :p

The Wii: No Achievements, No Fun. :p

Kidding. I love the game. Brings back a lot of memories.

Not necessarily true. Super Mario 64 and Galaxy were really fun. I think Sonic has lost relevance because the newer 3D Sonic (Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was good IMO) games suck. :p

True...I remember that one! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Sooooooooooo good :heart:

Yeah, I just got a copy myself...played a few levels, got addicted...Only thing I need now is time for an evening with three friends! :)

I'm still on World 1 because I've just not had time for much gaming lately, and when I do it's usually MW2.

Last night however I managed to play 2 levels and I saved my game. Went to play more today and it didn't take me to where I left off?! wtf (N)

I've replayed these levels like 5 times now cause I've always had to switch it off in a rush for whatever reason :laugh: :angry:

All I can say is thankfully Nintendo was smart enough to let players bubble themselves.

+1 many lives saved doing that lol

I preordered this and picked my copy up on the 12th Nov. It's a blast and I love playing it. Played multi player a few times and it's good as long as you're all capable of playing the game at a similar level. One person can really spoil it for the rest if they have no idea how to use the controls.

Highly recommended!