[Official] Mass Effect 2

Alright, relax. I just thought maybe it was related to the beginning.

If that is true, I assume it's meant to be more of something you choose a second time going. Cause it wouldn't really work too well going into ME3, but there could be cool ways to bring him back.

Well there is an achievement for getting your team back unscathed at the end of that mission (not a spoiler you can see it when you put in the disc :)). I think I may be coming up to it. Only took me... 20 hours. :|

Edit: AHHHH THOUGH SO! PLOT TWIST! :o

Edit II: I love Shepard- As usual, fate of the world and all that yada-yada-yada... He still has time for a quickie! :D

Edited by Spookie

Well there is an achievement for getting your team back unscathed at the end of that mission (not a spoiler you can see it when you put in the disc smile.gif). I think I may be coming up to it. Only took me... 20 hours. bression.gif

Edit: AHHHH THOUGH SO! PLOT TWIST! ohmy.gif

Edit II: I love Shepard- As usual, fate of the world and all that yada-yada-yada... He still has time for a quickie! biggrin.gif

20hrs and you've almost finished the game or 20hrs and youve got your team assembled? Hope this has plenty hours of gameplay DA:O style.

Yeah! **** the odds! Everyone lives on my first playthrough. :p

I'll finish the game tomorrow and see if I can do the same lol

Got the DD Edition pre-ordered on steam - due out on the 29th here, my last day of exams :D Looking forward to getting stuck in :) Already played through ME1 again in anticipation :laugh:

Got the DD Edition pre-ordered on steam - due out on the 29th here, my last day of exams :D Looking forward to getting stuck in :) Already played through ME1 again in anticipation :laugh:

Yea that is what I have been doing with most of the sequels these days. I did it with the first and second STALKER games, did it with Modern Warfare, going to do it with Bioshock and doing it with this game as well. It's nice to refresh everything.

I'll finish the game tomorrow and see if I can do the same lol

I'll keep this spoiler free:

Took me about 22-23 hours to finish did all the of side-side quests bar one or two (there are side quests, side-side quests and discovered quests by the looks of it). I got all the upgrades for the ship which appeared important, got everyone loyal to me except one crew member who bugged out it appears even though I did their mission and upgraded a couple of weapons. As I said on twitter, it's not as varied as say Fallout 3 with the classes and perks. But it makes tight, sci-fi epic- fewer twists but with a less convoluted plot this time. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat for the last hour!

It appears bring crew members who aren't loyal to you will get them killed on the final mission, upgrading your ship is a must to as there are obvious nods to "WELL THANKFULLY WE UPGRADED OUR WEAPONS EH?!" I think without the upgrades you'd be stranded on the other side and everyone would die.

Ok issues!

Ending- Some obvious cutting and pasting as it lurches between branches using the choices you'd made. But this is just for the very action packed Michael Bay ending. Most of the time it's seamless.

Length- Yeah I know! With the quality of the side quests, voice work and graphics I would have liked some more! :p

I'm sure there are other things I should comment on but I'm tired. In short- If you like RPGs there is no reason to be without this game.

Took me about 22-23 hours to finish did all the of side-side quests bar one or two (there are side quests, side-side quests and discovered quests by the looks of it). I got all the upgrades for the ship which appeared important, got everyone loyal to me except one crew member who bugged out it appears even though I did their mission and upgraded a couple of weapons. As I said on twitter, it's not as varied as say Fallout 3 with the classes and perks. But it makes tight, sci-fi epic- fewer twists but with a less convoluted plot this time. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat for the last hour!

It appears bring crew members who aren't loyal to you will get them killed on the final mission, upgrading your ship is a must to as there are obvious nods to "WELL THANKFULLY WE UPGRADED OUR WEAPONS EH?!" I think without the upgrades you'd be stranded on the other side and everyone would die.

Ok issues!

Ending- Some obvious cutting and pasting as it lurches between branches using the choices you'd made. But this is just for the very action packed Michael Bay ending. Most of the time it's seamless.

Length- Yeah I know! With the quality of the side quests, voice work and graphics I would have liked some more! :p

I'm sure there are other things I should comment on but I'm tired. In short- If you like RPGs there is no reason to be without this game.

Yeah, in ME1 I loathed doing the side quests, in ME2 all the team member side quests felt like part of the main game and were some of the best parts of the game, VERY well dont and really show a lot about the characters. I did every single one of them :)

I had jack die because she hated me (I was paragon) I could have swore tali was loyal to me though but she got killed on the normandy on the way to the collector base. Everyone else lived though.

The game was just epic, my only complaint was the boss was kind of super lame lol.

A giant man-reaper, REALLY?

Edited by ViperAFK

Ok issues!

only 23 hours? that sucks. I've played Dragon Age for over 30 hours and it is at 22%.

Gah, I wish Sheppard would stop sticking to random walls while running... and sticking to wrong ones while ducking fire. That's my only concern about it. Otherwise it (ME2) is perfect. Almost genetically-engineered-perfect :D

And as far as graphics goes - there are still some models that can potentially put your eye out with a sharp polygon... Its kinda stunning and a bit disappointing at the same time. But immense improvement over 1st game anyway.

Just got my email from the EA Store at 3:30 AM this morning telling me that it SHIPPED!!!1

I am SOOO happy, and yet SOOO sad, because I have to wait until Tuesday....

To those that have acquired the game before the 26th, please keep the spoilers to yourself. :p It's tempting enough to inadvertently spoil some members here. And hey, it's not our responsibility to protect you from an angry crowd of gamers that don't have Mass Effect 2 right now.

To those that have acquired the game before the 26th, please keep the spoilers to yourself. :p It's tempting enough to inadvertently spoil some members here. And hey, it's not our responsibility to protect you from an angry crowd of gamers that don't have Mass Effect 2 right now.

Well I've been using spoiler tags unless they somehow broke themselves last night when I went to sleep :) I did notice they changed from the show drop down to the hover over black kind.

only 23 hours? that sucks. I've played Dragon Age for over 30 hours and it is at 22%.

I'm sorry, but I 100% disagree. I'm glad Mass Effect 1 (and apparently 2) aren't retardedly long, drawn out affairs. Not everyone has the time and patience to play through a 50+ hour RPG. It's nice having a shorter, more focused game that you can enjoy in a reasonable amount of time.

Took me about 22-23 hours to finish did all the of side-side quests bar one or two (there are side quests, side-side quests and discovered quests by the looks of it).

I don't believe you. It took me 35-40 hours to finish Mass Effect 1 (and do every side quest). That would be a complete disappointment if ME 2 has fewer hours of gameplay.

Time? You aren't supposed to complete games in one sitting you know - I love to know a game will last me hours and hours, keep me occupied for days or weeks. Why would you not want more for your money?

No wonder why games today are so short compared to the old days, if people can't complete it in two days that's apparently a bad thing.

I don't believe you. It took me 35-40 hours to finish Mass Effect 1 (and do every side quest). That would be a complete disappointment if ME 2 has fewer hours of gameplay.

The thing is every side quest in me1 is unbelievably boring and generic, all the ones in me2 are great and actually fun to do. I always beat me1 in like 10 hours because I just cant stand doing any of the side quests. I did a good amount of the side quests (probably not all cause I tend to rush on first palythrough) in me2 and it probably took me like 20 hours. If you do all the quests you should probably have plenty of playtime.

Also a reason for shorter playtime could be explained by the better pacing of the game, you NEVER have to waste a bunch of time driving around with the mako, the game just takes you straight to the places you need to go.

Almost every quest has a voice over of some sort, each one is unique and more importantantly doesn't feel like a chore. As I said I only had 2 quests left on my map, investigate a derelict ship and something else I've forgotten. Couple of other quests involving fed-exing or solving where a missing cred chip had gone.

For those that have the game now on the 360, how are the load times? Also, did you install the game to the Xbox 360 HDD?

No more lift rides, most of it streams fine from the disc though my drive now sounds like it's about to take off! If you want to install it you need to install both discs all 13GB of it!

No wonder why games today are so short compared to the old days, if people can't complete it in two days that's apparently a bad thing.

No one said that though? I just like clearing games fast. I finish them before someone posts a spoiler without tags on a board ruining the experience for me. :)

edit: Did I mention how awesome the doc was?

. Edited by Spookie

The thing is every side quest in me1 is unbelievably boring and generic, all the ones in me2 are great and actually fun to do. I always beat me1 in like 10 hours because I just cant stand doing any of the side quests. I did a good amount of the side quests (probably not all cause I tend to rush on first palythrough) in me2 and it probably took me like 20 hours. If you do all the quests you should probably have plenty of playtime.

Also a reason for shorter playtime could be explained by the better pacing of the game, you NEVER have to waste a bunch of time driving around with the mako, the game just takes you straight to the places you need to go.

Side quests in DA aren't boring at all. Length of the RPG game is very important, so I think they should have created a larger number of side quests in ME2.

I had finished with DA:O around the 30 hour mark, I hadn't done all the side quests but I got bored with it so I decided to finish it up.

As for ME2, I am only maybe about 3-4 hours in, but I have only gotten 3 of however many team mates you can unlock. Essentially I have only done 2 full quest once you first meet the Illusive man (by full quest I am talking main-story quests, not the side quests you do during those 2 main quests).

It really depends on the person playing, I love exploring and taking my time, therefore I tend to get through games slower than most but still enjoy them a majority of the way through.

And as far as graphics goes - there are still some models that can potentially put your eye out with a sharp polygon... Its kinda stunning and a bit disappointing at the same time. But immense improvement over 1st game anyway.

I have noticed a few bugs with graphics, mostly in cinematics, some of the models clip through each other and just look odd. Other than that its been great so far.