[Official] Mass Effect 2

Guys, I want your opinion. I have never played the first game, and after hearing many of the complains about it I was glad I did not. But now the second one is out getting amazing reviews, and I am wondering if I should play the first one just to understand the storyline. It would actually be easier if somebody could explain the story to me. I read the Wiki but it gives out a new name every 4 words it seems, lol. Just a bit hard to follow.

What do you think?

Guys, I want your opinion. I have never played the first game, and after hearing many of the complains about it I was glad I did not. But now the second one is out getting amazing reviews, and I am wondering if I should play the first one just to understand the storyline. It would actually be easier if somebody could explain the story to me. I read the Wiki but it gives out a new name every 4 words it seems, lol. Just a bit hard to follow.

What do you think?

In my opinion, ME is very story-driven and you'd lose a lot of the experience of ME2 without playing ME1 - I'd hate playing ME2 knowing that decisions were made for me by the default settings. I'd get more joy out of knowing what I did in ME1 has a direct influence on ME2 - even the start of the game is different if you make certain choices.

ME2 isn't an amazing game if you take away it's story, imo.

you should play the first one before playing this one, apparently you don't have too but you'll miss out on a lot if you don't. Can't wait for this game!!!

What do you think?

The first game is certainly not without flaws, but its still a great game to play through. I don't think you'd regret it. For all its flaws I've played through the first one many times.

^ I don't doubt that but the user stated that he completed all the side quests too in 23 hours. I have to call him out on that one and say that must be absolutely wrong.

2 quests left on my map. What more do you want me to say?

Miranda is freakin' hawt!

That is all.

Never before a game have that amount of ass-centric cutscenes, and what a good modeled ass :laugh:

What do you think?

Your missing out mate, yes ME1 isn't without it's flaws but over all it's a great game (Y) Don't listen to all the people bitching and moaning about it's faults (people are always moaning about something, it's becoming an international pass time!), you can get ME1 cheap now anyway so do yourself a favor and grab a copy of it :)

EDIT: ME2 isn't officially out (not that I'm aware of?) those people who have been playing it either downloaded a leaked copy or got it from a store that released it a touch early :p

Never before a game have that amount of ass-centric cutscenes, and what a good modeled ass :laugh:

Indeed, one the best game ass I have ever seen lol

Got my email from EA store saying they shipped my copy of the Collector's Edition via 2nd day mail. Can't wait!. I am also quite surprised by EA using second day mail (it was free shipping) and shipping it out before the release date, i have heard some horror stories of them not shipping it till days after it released and what not.

Got my email from EA store saying they shipped my copy of the Collector's Edition via 2nd day mail. Can't wait!. I am also quite surprised by EA using second day mail (it was free shipping) and shipping it out before the release date, i have heard some horror stories of them not shipping it till days after it released and what not.

Same here - I was hoping they'd ship for arrival on release date, but never having pre-ordered a game before in my life, I wasn't sure what to expect. Surprised hell out of me too when I looked up the tracking info and found that it was shipping 2nd day air.

Now I've just got to complete my ME1 transfer character....

Edit: Nice vid Massiveterra, quite entertaining. :)

Edited by metal_dragen

I got an email from EB Games today telling me my copies will be processed in 2 to 3 days (which is about right, since it's 28th for us Aussies...but EB won't release the 360 version till 31st :unsure: dunno why) got next business day express delivery so should have my PC copy this Friday :D can't wait.

YS2.jpg

The wonderful Australian actress she's modeled over.

Hey an Aussie goodstuff. She should dye her hair same colour as Miranda because yep for a toon shes pretty foxy

All the collector's edition, preorder goodies and more FREE, get them while Microsoft doesn't look :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063174p1.html

Cool, thanks for the share :) both my copies shipped today :woot: , I would of got them tomorrow but since it's a public holiday [Australia Day] gotta wait till Wednesday now, can't freakin wait!