[Official] Mass Effect 2

Thread Cleaned

Thread Revealed

Threads Merged

To clarify, the previous thread hasn't been deleted. It was merely hidden so that the moderators could look through it and act accordingly. I ask that you guys not publicly discuss the actions of moderators. We wouldn't unwittingly delete an entire thread because of a small percentage of "unnecessary" posts. Finally, please refer to the Community Rules. Some of you need to re-read the rules. Specifically, these two:

No Illegal Software/Copyrighted Discussion.

Discussions involving warez, cracks, security circumvention, using torrents for downloading copyrighted or illegal material is strictly prohibited. This includes music files or other unauthorized software. Asking for help in doing so will cause warns or suspensions of accounts.

The following punishments may be applied to your account following infractions:

1. Posting a link to pirated software/film/tv/music. = SNIP POST + WARNING LEVEL RAISE
  2. Suggesting (overtly endorsing) that somebody pirate material. = SNIP POST + WARNING LEVEL RAISE
  3. Requesting assistance in pirating material. = SNIP POST + WARNING LEVEL RAISE
  4. Posting screenshots that show obviously pirated material (e.g. someone's uTorrent download screen) = SNIP POST + PM and/or ZERO LEVEL WARN
  5. Openly discussing pirated material (e.g. z0mg - new episode of Lost was amazing!! BitTorrent FTW!) = SNIP POST + PM and/or ZERO LEVEL WARN

Respect Moderator Decisions.

Threads and posts questioning the actions or decisions of forum moderations will be deleted on sight, and the appropriate action taken (up to and including forum bans) against the thread starter and/or participants. However, as a member you reserve the right to PM any moderator, supervisor or administrator regarding action taken at Neowin.

As always, we rely on you to catch things that we miss. If you see a post that seems to be breaking the rules, use the Report feature to notify us.

Thanks,

Anaron

Neowin Moderator

Saw the advertisement during the NFC Championship game last night (**** you, Vikings!). It was pretty uninspired. Everyone watching was confused about the whole thing.

I just saw video gameplay of the first level and character creation from an imported Mass Effect 1 character...

GOTY winner without a doubt. Forget about the rest of the games coming out this year.

9.6 on IGN. I know the IGN review has been posted already, but I decided to embed the video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g7Tp6sb3wg

edit: the youtube embed code doesn't work anymore?

Also, here is an awesome quote from TIME magazine.

"The state of the art in grand-scale, two-disc space operas, Mass Effect 2 picks up two years after the end of the first installment of its galactic-noir story line. With beefier combat added to the role-playing, it's the Avatar of video games — except it's better written."

Saw the advertisement during the NFC Championship game last night (**** you, Vikings!). It was pretty uninspired. Everyone watching was confused about the whole thing.

I think it was a great trailer. The music alone (Heart of Courage) is enough to get me excited to play the game. How was it confusing? From a trailers perspective, it's pretty straight forward.

Also, here is an awesome quote from TIME magazine.

"The state of the art in grand-scale, two-disc space operas, Mass Effect 2 picks up two years after the end of the first installment of its galactic-noir story line. With beefier combat added to the role-playing, it's the Avatar of video games ? except it's better written."

Avatar is rubbish compared to Mass Effect 2. I detested Avatar even though I am huge fan of cyberpunk/space/technology (sci fi in general). Mass Effect 2 is well written, intelligent and has fantastic pacing unlike Avatar, which was simply eye candy.

Do USA downloads works on UK accounts of Mass effect 2 ? Anyone download the above ?

I have sent my UK buddy (I'm in Canada even) games that are not available there many times, and had no issues.

Avatar is rubbish compared to Mass Effect 2. I detested Avatar even though I am huge fan of cyberpunk/space/technology (sci fi in general). Mass Effect 2 is well written, intelligent and has fantastic pacing unlike Avatar, which was simply eye candy.

Not to mention that Mass Effect has the original (and better) hot/sexy blue aliens.