Which version are you getting?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which version are you getting?

• PS3
    • Xbox 360

The more I hear all the hate, the more I want to play it.

I'm thinking complete it and trade it in for GoW3.

Linearity and FF just doesn't do it for me, although some reviews that said trimming the fat made for a better experience, I just have a feeling this is going to be "Final Fantasy on rails" and I really don't want that.

Plus it's already uber sci-fi star wars meets transformers, I prefer nitty gritty "realistic" fantasy. However that went out the window after FF9.

Still want to try it though, I'm a fan of the series for money value, I like SP games I can put a lot of hours into, but as Edge said it's whether or not you feel those hours were worthwhile this time around.

I'll make my own mind up to be honest, I love the series so I'm not going to be put off. If the story is presented really well then I certainly enjoy it, linear or not.

If a game is also too open and less tied to a deep story it bores fast. There's always a trade off, you want a more tight story or a more general one? It's clear Square likes to have alot of story vs very little in their RPGs. If they'd get off of the CGI crack they're on at some point and used in-game cut scenes more like other devs, they'd probably be able to do even more per GB of space given. Oh well.

When watching the comprison (side by side) video of the PS3 vs. the 360 the main thing i noticed is simply in the 360 version a lot of the Effects simply were not present, among other slight differences they looked remarkably the same. I know that unless you have them on a True HD screen you are never going to be able to tell the real difference being that recordings are not the true quality. However, as stated some effects simply are not present in the 360 version. So I honestly believe (as does Square-Enix, that No matter which version you buy you will be a happy customer as long as you enjoy the game and play style that comes with it. Visually you will be happy.

When watching the comprison (side by side) video of the PS3 vs. the 360 the main thing i noticed is simply in the 360 version a lot of the Effects simply were not present, among other slight differences they looked remarkably the same. I know that unless you have them on a True HD screen you are never going to be able to tell the real difference being that recordings are not the true quality. However, as stated some effects simply are not present in the 360 version. So I honestly believe (as does Square-Enix, that No matter which version you buy you will be a happy customer as long as you enjoy the game and play style that comes with it. Visually you will be happy.

I can understand compressed CGI that was a given, but 576p for a resolution is **** poor on Square's part, they have to get their act together on the 360. Star Ocean 4 had an even LOWER resolution than that - Even the PS3 International version is going to though I think.

Just looks like a case of made for PS3, rush job for 360. Again I'll say it's not a port, both are just running on different graphics engines.

Even although this will still sell well, it's not going down as one of the critically acclaimed FF's, so I think Square will be rethinking their next multiplatform iteration after 13 Versus.

Yeah im not too certain as to why they did not want to just keep the CGI uncompressed and simply add a Single extra DVD to the mix 4 disc games are not actually uncommon again. So adding a 4th disc to the overall thing they could have left the video uncompressed. seams a little odd to me however, not knowing the actual cost of doing it with the extra disk.

Yeah im not too certain as to why they did not want to just keep the CGI uncompressed and simply add a Single extra DVD to the mix 4 disc games are not actually uncommon again. So adding a 4th disc to the overall thing they could have left the video uncompressed. seams a little odd to me however, not knowing the actual cost of doing it with the extra disk.

4 x 6.8 = 27.2GB, still not enough space for 1080p AVC, let alone the game on top of that. The PS3 disc uses 38GB (32GB of which is CGI) or something, I can't remember it's 30 something anyway, on the last page.

They're already stacking 3 discs together, usually when you add a 4th disc it comes in a crappy plastic wallet, adding a 5th disc would be another crappy plastic wallet, and the more discs you add the more it costs you.

4 x 6.8 = 27.2GB, still not enough space for 1080p AVC, let alone the game on top of that. The PS3 disc uses 38GB (32GB of which is CGI) or something, I can't remember it's 30 something anyway, on the last page.

They're already stacking 3 discs together, usually when you add a 4th disc it comes in a crappy plastic wallet, adding a 5th disc would be another crappy plastic wallet, and the more discs you add the more it costs you.

I thought the DL disks held 8.5gb, However even then its only 34gb however, with the smaller in game textures i think they could have managed it also the audio is not loss less either so i think the 34gb would have been enough. Lol its too late now :D

I thought the DL disks held 8.5gb, However even then its only 34gb however, with the smaller in game textures i think they could have managed it also the audio is not loss less either so i think the 34gb would have been enough. Lol its too late now :D

Only 6.8GB is usable on each 360 disc, the rest is reserved for the security padding.

Only 6.8GB is usable on each 360 disc, the rest is reserved for the security padding.

Huh. I did not know that. Then again for an average user that is not really needed information. Also I no longer have a 360 anyhow.

Huh. I did not know that. Then again for an average user that is not really needed information. Also I no longer have a 360 anyhow.

Nah it's not, but a lot of people run around here saying just make it two discs (or 3/4 discs), 360 games can hold 8.4GB or whatever, when they can't.

That is understandable, I can understand where to do this properly it would have to be 5-6 discs and that is unacceptable.

Noooooo it's confirmed, only the US is getting shiny front covers and in-game box art, EU is blank inside :(

boxxgtg.jpg

That sucks, usually the EU get's in-game box art.

Isn't it 720p?

The PS3 does 1080p AVC, the 360 is 720p bink for CGI.

In game cutscenes, PS3 is 720p, 360 is 576p.

Ouch, another 5/10 from TeamXbox - http://reviews.teamx...antasy-XIII/p1/

but

Editor’s note: Due to a malfunctioning disc (a Microsoft-supplied replacement disc also produced the same error), the reviewer was only able to play through the first 30 hours of Final Fantasy XIII. Although he plans on playing through the rest of the game—and TeamXbox will amend this review, if necessary—this score and these impressions are based on those 30 hours of gameplay.

wacko.gif

Ok OK all PS3 owners can applaud like a seal, SE was lazy or time was short with the 360 port etc etc ...... Can we go on?

It's my first time with a Jap game, like anime they abuse of the "Lolita" complex don't you think? :laugh:

Good role-playing games offer choices, engrossing worlds and the opportunity to figure out the best way to trounce your opponents on the battlefield. Final Fantasy XIII offers none of those things. It treats players like students taking a college exam?there?s only one right answer. And if you even dare to question authority?well, get used to academic probation in the form of the ?Game Over? screen.

From Team Xbox review

mmm, my first FF and look like it sucks :(

FFXIII: Worst First Hour Ever

We're not publishing our full Final Fantasy XIII review until the next issue of 360Zine hits the digital shelves on March 18th, but we can confirm that the gloriously attractive RPG from Square Enix does not start particularly well...

"After a searingly beautiful cut-scene that promises a world of wonder and unimaginable scope, Final Fantasy XIII drops players into a long, green corridor of despair. It's barely interactive, all you have to do is push upwards and jab A as you bash your way through the tutorials, endless weak enemies and shoddy voice acting. And just when you think it's going to end, you start the whole purgatorial trudge again as another character. For a Triple A game, it has to be the worst first hour ever"

Does it get better, though? Well, you'll have to wait until our comprehensive review in the next 360Zine.

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/ffxiii-worst-first-hour-ever.html

Wow. What did Famitsu give this game?

Btw, 1Up gave this game an A- and Gamespot gave it an 8.5.

I hope to god they change the art direction they've taken this series in.

Damn, this is getting some pretty bad reviews.

Wow. What did Famitsu give this game?

I think it was 39/40. Famitsu have given some weird scores in the past though.