Battlefield: Bad Company 2

It doesn't work, and there's no word on when it'll be up. It would really suck if it doesn't work throughout the beta.

Actually it works, its just really glitchy. Try logging in and out few times, then friends should appear on your list. Thou they will still show up as offline, you can join them.

Why? Me and friends that got into the beta, got no problems playing on the same server. Especially when most of them, are numbered like crazy :)

I don't know. All I know is that it didn't work when my friend and I tried added each other.

Actually it works, its just really glitchy. Try logging in and out few times, then friends should appear on your list. Thou they will still show up as offline, you can join them.

That might be the case. My friend told me he saw me on his list, but I appeared offline.

Anyway, I kid you not... but I sniped the pilot of a chopper 3 times in the same game. It all happened within 5 minutes and they were all headshots. Call it luck, skill, whatever. I'm just shocked that I was able to kill the pilot of a moving air vehicle. I had to aim in front of the chopper so it would "move into" the shot. And all 3 times, the shots landed on the pilots head resulting in a kill (and the chopper crashing). Actually, the chopper didn't crash the first time. The person that was in the gunner seat took over.

Game is really fun, cant wait for the final thing. I am pretty disappointed in the graphics though. the textures are pretty crappy. It seemed to look way better in the gameplay videos I have seen. but a lot of people are saying the beta has more highly compressed textures to make the file size smaller, hopefully thats true.

If you're playing the beta on Steam, you may want to opt into the Steam beta (see here). According to my friend, it fixes a common issue where you run in a random direction without pressing a key. It also adds overlay support so you could check your Steam friends list or chat while playing.

Also, the game doesn't look that bad on medium settings. I toned it down a bit so I could get better performance and it's great. I left effects on high, everything else on medium with 4xAA/8xAF @ 1680x1050.

And check this out. Crazy awards, or what? :laugh:

b2.png

how the heck do you type in game?

i cant find what bind it is

You know what I do when that happens? I check the control options. :p

It's J for global chat, and K for team chat.

Game is really fun, cant wait for the final thing. I am pretty disappointed in the graphics though. the textures are pretty crappy. It seemed to look way better in the gameplay videos I have seen. but a lot of people are saying the beta has more highly compressed textures to make the file size smaller, hopefully thats true.

Yeah, thats what I keep hearing too... I really hope that full version has better textures

Oh how I do love sniping in this game :D Anaron that is pretty amazing! I have done it once myself but three times? In one game? Amazing :)

Also there is no better satisfaction then getting a headshot on a sprinting target and watch the hilarious death animation that has him trip like two steps before he kisses the floor! I am going to love this game /glee

Oh how I do love sniping in this game :D Anaron that is pretty amazing! I have done it once myself but three times? In one game? Amazing :)

Also there is no better satisfaction then getting a headshot on a sprinting target and watch the hilarious death animation that has him trip like two steps before he kisses the floor! I am going to love this game /glee

It was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I ever had. Heck, I told my mom that I sniped 3 helicopter pilots in a video game and she said, "Impressive!" :D I love sniping in this game too. No, I absolutely love it. I really wish you could go into the prone position. It would make sniping so much better.

Nothing beats sniping an enemy not once, but again after his Medic revives him. Then dropping his Medic like a brick in the ocean as he runs with his defibrillator out. And did I mention how much I love the mortar strike? It's somewhat overpowered and very deadly.

It was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I ever had. Heck, I told my mom that I sniped 3 helicopter pilots in a video game and she said, "Impressive!" :D I love sniping in this game too. No, I absolutely love it. I really wish you could go into the prone position. It would make sniping so much better.

Nothing beats sniping an enemy not once, but again after his Medic revives him. Then dropping his Medic like a brick in the ocean as he runs with his defibrillator out. And did I mention how much I love the mortar strike? It's somewhat overpowered and very deadly.

We dont get mortar strike on the 360 version :(

I can see why there could and should be discussion about taking prone out but I do believe ultimately it is for the benefit of everyone involved. Simple fact is prone snipers are that much harder to find and take out, even with the destructible environments.

So although I do understand how and why it is a questionable decision, I do ultimately believe it is the correct one.

Totally OT but this is my first post ever from my Droid, really liking the new mobile version.

We dont get mortar strike on the 360 version :(

Oh, right. I forgot about the X360 demo. The PC beta is like the full game, except it's one game and one map. I've already unlocked most of what's unlockable. The rest of the unlocks are either bugged or not specific to any one class.

I can see why there could and should be discussion about taking prone out but I do believe ultimately it is for the benefit of everyone involved. Simple fact is prone snipers are that much harder to find and take out, even with the destructible environments.

So although I do understand how and why it is a questionable decision, I do ultimately believe it is the correct one.

True, I can understand it either. It'd be nice to have it though. I'd be a nearly unstoppable force if I was able to go prone, as Recon. Anyway, DirtyLarry: Still having performance issues? I turned my settings down to medium with the exception of effects which I left at high. I also set AA to 2x and left AF at 8x, and man... did I miss out on FPS. Everything is smooth, like a baby's butt. And it still looks good. Honestly, I can't say I notice that big of a difference from high to medium.

Totally OT but this is my first post ever from my Droid, really liking the new mobile version.

While I do understand it is better and for the benefit of almost everyone I would still like to bitch for about 10 mins at how it inconviniences me that I cannot camp in places where people could never possibly spot me :p

I think the kill cam thing is also pretty retarded. I want to see WHERE he is not WHO he is. I don't give a rats ass who he is I just want to know where I have to aim the next tank shell :p

Bah, cant say im impressed by how the game performs. Doesnt matter what are the settings - it stills feel laggy and slow. And from what i can gather, not only for me. Optimization my ass. Its almost like crysis all over again... Except Crysis had visuals. Im not saying bc2 doesnt look great, but cmon!

Also from what it seems its utilizing only one core (that leads me to believe cpu might be bottleneck... @ 3.6 ghz somehow). Jeez, even Source has multicore support.

Heres me hoping that theres some driver issue to be worked out or something to be done, but i doubt.

Your complaining the game doesnt run good when your on a 8800gts? Do you realize even crysis doesnt run good on that card for a reason? Your CPU isnt your bottleneck, regardless your GPU is ALWAYS your bottleneck. Get a better card and try the game. Everyone I know running the game with 9600s and UP play it at 1280*720 to 1920*1080 on medium or high without issues, with the DX version set at auto.

Sorry for double post, i cant edit,

But me personally, i love this game, i havent played much because ive been working and **** but I plan on playing it to the point where im not bored of it. So ill play it every other day or 2 days while I play COD4 and tf2/css etc.

This game is personally gonna be the next FPS i log 250+ hours into this year.

Although kinda cheating people dont seem to be pointing out out targets too much, im constanly scanning the area hitting ( Back ) and its soo easy to gets points from assisting kills, as a medic scanning and dropping health you dont need to kill to hit 3000+.

I'm disappointed with this, i have it on pre order with amazon for ?23 on the 360 but the game is pretty poor. The graphics and frame rate really suck after playing mw2. I loved 1943 on the 360 and dont remember it looking bad at all.

Hopefully they will polish it up before release.

So I unlocked some extra scopes for the sniper rifle, how do I attach them? I can see the stats within the menus but no way to attach and there's no indication of it in-game either?

EDIT: Nevermind, it does show up on weapon selection but it just didn't for me, happens bit too often you need to wait until your unlocks show up.

Your complaining the game doesnt run good when your on a 8800gts? Do you realize even crysis doesnt run good on that card for a reason? Your CPU isnt your bottleneck, regardless your GPU is ALWAYS your bottleneck. Get a better card and try the game. Everyone I know running the game with 9600s and UP play it at 1280*720 to 1920*1080 on medium or high without issues, with the DX version set at auto.

I can dig that my card could be a problem, but what i was saying that ive yet to see someone who can run it at constant 60 fps. Even the extreme end rigs.

And i compared it to crysis because there at least you saw reason for such performance. And changing settings actually did something.

I can dig that my card could be a problem, but what i was saying that ive yet to see someone who can run it at constant 60 fps. Even the extreme end rigs.

And i compared it to crysis because there at least you saw reason for such performance. And changing settings actually did something.

I'm running the game fluidly even with AA and AF cranked up, something I never do because they tend to suck the living be-jebus out of my machine.

The engine is well optimized for new computers.

Annoying me now i keep getting lost connection to game server every server/map.

Sounds like an issue at your end.

I decided to run a quick FRAPS based Benchmark, 60 seconds from the time I drop from the Parachute, run up to the nearby cliff where most snipers hang out and overlook the area to get as much action as possible in screen and here's the result;

2010-01-31 15:33:06 - BFBC2Game

Frames: 4084 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 71.067 - Min: 61 - Max: 102

That's running 1920 x 1200, Everything High, HBAO Off and AA / AF at 4x ( Haven't toyed with these so much, could probably crank up on both but I doubt I'll see a difference )

Normally I would never get these sort of results with AA running in a game like this, so I'd say the engine is very impressive.