Battlefield: Bad Company 2

would be nice if they gave a dx9,10,11 option the biggest vfps gain has to be running it in dx9 (apart from using a stupidly low resolution)

there is a option..go into my docs, bfbc2 folder...settings.ini where it says dxlevel=auto change to dxlevel=9...big frame boost

The medic need the score ticks from healing toned down JUST A TAD. I was 1k above everyone else on my team only reviving and healing people. I was seeing a score of 10, 10, 10, 10 with the total going up to 340 before it stopped! I was expecting to see a God of War multiplier in the corner saying "NURSE! DOCTOR! S-S-S-SURGEON!" I must have killed all of... 6 people in a 30 min round. :p

I like the unlock system though. A lot of life in the game if the unlocks take this long to acquire. I'm only rank 4! Talking of unlocks. The Semi auto sniper rifle is awesome with the lag. If you miss keep tapping and you'll end up dropping them. :p

I just played for like 5 hours...amazing game. To bad I suck at it mostly. :laugh:

I didn't experience any major lag or anything bad. To bad really...wish I could blame my low scores on that.

Servers were really laggy for me, and gameplay was bad due to having issues with fps like Larry. I tried everything from different resolutions to setting everything to low, etc.. Still was choppy.

I guess I am going to ahve to really play with the advanced video options to get the right setting.

I had to drop down to medium settings to get my fps decent enough to play on a core I7 940/4GB Ram with an ATi 4890. Other than that issue I'm loving it, no other complaints except the FOV should be slightly bigger.

All in all I give it a (Y)

I managed to get in a really good server last night and my opinion of the game has changed if they iron all the bugs out before release then il be happy I bought it.

also does anyone know if they will patch the beta at all? iv been in other beta's where they have patched them quite abit.

Servers were really laggy for me, and gameplay was bad due to having issues with fps like Larry. I tried everything from different resolutions to setting everything to low, etc.. Still was choppy.

I guess I am going to ahve to really play with the advanced video options to get the right setting.

I really played around with things for a good 30 minutes yesterday, and also because I was suck a stickler with BF2, I can tell you the following options are the ones you need to play around with the most...

Level Of Detail

Shadow Quality

Effects Quality

HBAO

And of course the AA & AF, although honestly when I had them from 1x to 8x the difference was negligible, but I have what i think is a pretty damn good card that can handle AA & AF well, but they are definitely worth playing around with as well.

Level Of Detail was definitely the biggest thing I saw though, Medium to High meant 25-30 fps for me. Unfortunately that is the setting that also affects how it looks, but I am more about performance then looks in a MP game, and it still looks good for me.

Now it runs like an absolute dream for me. last night it literally ran perfect, I have not tried it yet today so do not know about the lag, etc. but a few pages back is what I wound up settling on. May still tweak some stuff here and there, but it ran really, really well for me last night.

I have to say, I think it was Spookie, but someone mentioned the "fog" and or the "smoke" whatever the hell it is, being overdone, and I absolutely agree. Would be great if they just turned that down a notch.

I thought you just change the value to 9? According to this forum thread anyways: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/880491-bad-game-performance-fps.html

Please let us know whether it improves the framerate dramatically. I'm still at work

Sorry for the late response. You've probably had a chance to try it out by now, but I'll let you know how it worked out for me.

Changing the value to 9 did make a difference and made the game much more playable on my system.

They need to tweak the controls a bit, it really feels like it is not native to the PC. Graphics performance with the 4870 is butter smooth at medium graphics. Much beyond that, it is horrible, rumor is if you run it in DX11 mode it is quick.

At 1920x1080 on my 5850 with high settings is totally amazing. I haven't turned up the AA or AF yet though so we'll see how that goes. But yeah, awesome outside of the mouse problems.

First off, HBAO is an FPS killer - I switched that off yesterday and my FPS shot up tenfold, went from "fairly smooth" to above-60-FPS-smooth.

Not to mention, the visible difference between on and off are pretty insignificant from what I can tell.

As for the mentioning of the fog, I have to say, I disagree. I believe we're talking about that heavy icy / smoke effect that seems to cover everything at times?

I say that's a god send gift. I hate games where there's nothing to obstruct the view, giving campers and snipers alike a chance to pick you off constantly during an attack.

With this, you can actually use that natural masking to your advantage, helps with the attacks and helps you sneak up and past enemy lines.

Especially in the map they provided because jesus, the combat progression is so pathetic - There's no room for movement and flanking, the corridors are so narrow

and your basically fighting across a tiny stretch of road up to a checkpoint in a certain area.

Few tips to get a more FPS:

C:\Users\[name]\Documents\BFBC2Beta and open settings.ini.

Where it says: 'bloom=true'. Type 'bloom=false'. That gives a performance boost as well as giving your eyes a rest! You can also change: 'DxVersion=auto' to 'DxVersion=9' if you're having real trouble with FPS. Anyone who is on the 200 series of cards the latest beta drivers have REALLY gave me a performance boost in this game as well. Give em a shot. :)

Especially in the map they provided because jesus, the combat progression is so pathetic - There's no room for movement and flanking, the corridors are so narrow

and your basically fighting across a tiny stretch of road up to a checkpoint in a certain area.

It's easy, punch through on a bike, get your squad to die and respawn on you. Flank the defenders and everyone will rush up! Failing that run round reviving everyone. :x

It's easy, punch through on a bike, get your squad to die and respawn on you. Flank the defenders and everyone will rush up! Failing that run round reviving everyone. :x

Yeah and I have a feeling I'll hop on a quad, drive through, get killed in a heartbeat and wonder why the hell I even bothered trying it.

Yeah and I have a feeling I'll hop on a quad, drive through, get killed in a heartbeat and wonder why the hell I even bothered trying it.

Works fine for me. Hell I grab a quad flat out to B activate it and throw down some C4 :p

Works fine for me. Hell I grab a quad flat out to B activate it and throw down some C4 :p

Well, good for you :p

EDIT: The water texture flickering is driving me UP THE WALL!

( Not my video ) looks like this;

Bah, cant say im impressed by how the game performs. Doesnt matter what are the settings - it stills feel laggy and slow. And from what i can gather, not only for me. Optimization my ass. Its almost like crysis all over again... Except Crysis had visuals. Im not saying bc2 doesnt look great, but cmon!

Also from what it seems its utilizing only one core (that leads me to believe cpu might be bottleneck... @ 3.6 ghz somehow). Jeez, even Source has multicore support.

Heres me hoping that theres some driver issue to be worked out or something to be done, but i doubt.

I'm sure the game's performance will improve. The Frostbite engine is fairly new on the PC and they definitely need to work on optimizing it.

Anyway, this is the kinda score you get when you're a professional Medic:

Pwnage.jpg

My combat score is low but I definitely helped out my team in terms of healing, reviving, and getting headshots. At least, I tried to. :p

Medic scores are no indication of anything, that class is by far the easiest to rake in points with, it's so silly.

It's also the most useful class. :)

It's also the most useful class. :)

I think they are god damn useless, especially with the new healing system - I hate being revived in the middle of a fight makes me become really disorientated,

also because revives happens rarely on standard servers in my experience. So right now I just see it as an "easy points" class for people who like that sort of stuff.

It just annoys me they are the only class able to use LMGs, as they are fun weapons to use.

However a re-arm box, now that's actually useful.

It just annoys me they are the only class able to use LMGs

The LMGs are awful and just spray everywhere! :(

Right just hit cap (rank 11). In all you get 3 unlocks for each class a couple of perks - pouches for ammo, nades and C4/Rockets, faster run and something else I think. You also get

The thompson and the dart gun! rank 10 and 11 respectively.

The latter is ****ING AWESOME as you'd imagine. :D

I love this game even when my team is being wiitarded and no one works together.