Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Do you know of any other sites?

I can't seem to create an account on Fileplay... :(

Don't bother. They ran out of keys.

Nope no AV in background at all. Weird, just weird.

That is weird.

Well got it all installed and tried to just join a server using the Play now button but of course it didn't work.. Server issues, etc..

BTW Add me to your friends list. Soldiers name is SMELTN

I added DL and Sethos already.

Yeah I am struggling to get into a game now, "connection to server lost" or somesuch. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. What I played of it was a lot of fun, and they have earned my pre-order from this beta alone.

A bit hectic trying to get into a game that isn't a complete lagfest. Great fun when you actually get a stable match going though. Can't wait for the final release.

I just finished playing an amazing game that was, for the most part, lag-free. My two favourite classes are Recon and Medic. I'm so glad I pre-ordered this game. It's just awesome!

Couldn't get a good FPS..guess my processor is kinda old :(

(running the old Dual core Core2Duo 2.16 GHZ (E6400?) with GTX 260 + 3 GB DDR2) - 1680x1050

Had to set AA to 1x, Shadow to Low to get a decent FPS

Well, sure seems like Bad Company with all my main gripes fixed.

Despite the server lag, it's actually possible to take aim, fire and hit someone - Unlike Bad Company 1 where nothing made sense, shoot next to people and you'd still get a kill, shoot someone in the foot and you got a headshot. Hopefully they get the servers sorted for tomorrow and the rest of the weekend because this could be a time-sink.

One issue still remains with the game; the weapon bobbing. I mean, I don't mind weapon bobbing but it has to look sort of realistic - Just seems like that weapon is being held by a retarded ape sometimes and it looks completely stupid but I sort of got used to it in BC1, I just had this silent hope of them realizing how idiotic it looks.

Slow. Laggy. Can't connect to servers. Nice PC Beta. The simplest things seem so difficult for EA/DICE.

5850 user here. DX11 looks ok. Players still move very slow, mouse sensitivity is maxed out, yet is very slow to respond.

Slow. Laggy. Can't connect to servers. Nice PC Beta. The simplest things seem so difficult for EA/DICE.

Jeez, give them a chance to sort out the server issues before you get butthurt.

Pros

- Looks good

- Guns kick, hard to spray and kill someone.

- Nades don't feel over powered and since most of the combat is at range it takes some skill to line up a shot while under fire.

- Destruction adds an element of strat I never thought possible before. I find my self hammering buildings with nades to bury the enemy under the cover they were cowering behind. Same for trees. Blowing them away giving snipers nowhere to hide.

- When a squad works together nothing can stop them.

Cons

- Engine is 50/50. Sometimes my framerates will stay above 30. Sometimes they drop to 20-25.

- Running animations (not sprinting) are a little... Camp.

- Nade throwing is a little iffy. They have an arm like an Olympic shot putter.

- Fog. The ****ing fog. Tone it down, I can barely see where fire it coming from some times due to it!

- Pistols. Can't hit a barn door. Might have been the lag. I'll blame the lag then. ;)

But, GOD, does it feel like a streamlined BF2! I'm glad the classes have been tightened up. More people are throwing out medipacks, ammo and reviving. I like the idea for being rewarded heavily for working as a squad. I got almost 1000 points alone lining up shots in the heli for my team mate to mow down the opposition. Vehicles which are a staple of BF need a bit of work. The chopper feels a bit floaty and unrefined. The ATV is all over the shop feeling like it's going to clip through the floor! Oh and Rush. Love it. The game feels like it has a front line which you have to push back. But with a good squad you can punch through it and take out the engis hiding in the back! :D

Okay, basically I played like hell with my settings. I am now running the game at 1400 x whatever that resolution is. I have a mix of Medium - High Settings.

Level Of Detail - Medium (this is BY FAR the biggest hit on performance)

Texture Quality - High

Shadow Quality - High

Effects Quality - Medium

Anti Aliasing - 8X

Anistrophic Filtering - 8X

VSYNC - OFF

HBAO - OFF

I can actually put AF higher with no noticeable hit to performance, so I still need to tweak that. I average between 60 and 70 FPS, so these are the settings I am leaving on.

At higher settings and resolution I can still average 30 FPS, and I will do that for the SP, but in the MP I absolutely refuse to have any less than 60 fps. Just a personal preference, but it seems to already be paying off as if I am in a shoot out between me and someone else and we both started shooting first, it seems I always win, so I will take that.

My KD Ratio on PC is right now 1.4 or something, and I have been spending more time on the graphics than anything else right now, on 360 it is .75 or something, so just shows with FPS's my heart is with the PC as my Avatar indicates. :laugh:

And just an FYI, now on the ticker DICE is saying do not bother using the Server Browser right now, and go with the Quick Play instead, and I found a game right away about an hour ago no problems doing that, so seems like they are already improving things.

Does anyone know how to change DirectX to 9?

Apparently in settings.ini it defaults to Auto, but they haven't found the right value for DirectX 9 yet. I'd like to try and squeeze a bit more performance out of my system.

Does anyone know how to change DirectX to 9?

Apparently in settings.ini it defaults to Auto, but they haven't found the right value for DirectX 9 yet. I'd like to try and squeeze a bit more performance out of my system.

I thought you just change the value to 9? According to this forum thread anyways: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/880491-bad-game-performance-fps.html

Please let us know whether it improves the framerate dramatically. I'm still at work

Got into a few games, had a lot of fun!

I run the game on graphics between medium-high at 1920x1200 and the game ran extremely smoothly and my PC is not that great.

Core 2 Duo E6850, 4GB Ram, ATI 4890 1GB

Going to have to get a few of my friends to try it out, might be a lot of fun to play in retail!

what is hbao, ambient occlusion? didnt notice that advanced option so i had droped it to 1280x720 high will try lowering aa/af and increasing the resolution again imo they arnt needed at decent resolutions

would be nice if they gave a dx9,10,11 option the biggest vfps gain has to be running it in dx9 (apart from using a stupidly low resolution)

Yeah it really would have been nice to give an option, just for someone like me who is a frames per second junkie, just to see what different DX's offered for performance if nothing else.

BTW Add me to your friends list. Soldiers name is SMELTN

I added DL and Sethos already.

Just an FYI, it might not have worked because of all the issues, not Sikh on Steam told me before it was not working for him or any of his friends yet, and when I accepted your invite, you were not added to my friends list at all, it still says 0/0, so I sent you another one back just in case, but we may have to do it several times.

But I was just DirtyLarry right?