Battlefield: Bad Company 2

just turning off ambient occlusion and aa/af gives a huge perfomance boost, the vsync option doesnt work though and now its started crashing to desktop during gameplay :/ oh well suppose they have a month to fix it. tbh im more exited about avp, bfbc is kinda generic

So far, don't like it that much. Epic lag, controls are meh, doesn't compare to good old BF2 and they changed the whole chopper controls which sucks.

Give it time :) Just came out, it is still in beta :) Should be better in a couple days.

is it possible to remove the beta watermark? i game on a 42" 1080p plasma and if i play for too long i get image retention of the watermark for about 20-30 minutes

This is what happens when I have a good gunner in my Tank who is also an Engineer. He is actually on top of me in the score column.

post-34384-12647416900372_thumb.jpg

post-34384-12647417022603_thumb.jpg

Man I truly do love this series.

@ Waylander - No way to remove the watermark as far as I know.

Pwnage, DL. Straight up pwnage.

I wish the friends list was working so that we could play together.

Pwnage, DL. Straight up pwnage.

I wish the friends list was working so that we could play together.

I'd rather see them sort the servers, 'else the playing experience is a bit whack :laugh:

I only played for like 30 minutes yesterday, just to get some quick impressions. Now I'm sitting here at work craving to play the game, I just realized how good it is!

I'd rather see them sort the servers, 'else the playing experience is a bit whack :laugh:

I only played for like 30 minutes yesterday, just to get some quick impressions. Now I'm sitting here at work craving to play the game, I just realized how good it is!

Oh, of course! I want them to fix the server issues first. Fortunately for me, I got a chance to play two lag-free games and man... that's when the game really shines. Taking over an area with your teammates is awesome when you have highly qualified Medics and Engineers on your side.

This game is SIMPLY AMAZING. I cant wait for the servers to get stable. So far this night I played about an hour, and lag kicked in last 20 mins but I wasnt worried. Anyway, I wish friends list was working so me, dl, and a few of you guys can rock on with this game.

My Steam is SikhDude, add me Anaron, Sethos, etc. Ill be playing this game a lot for the next month until the beta expires. But, I definitely wanna get the friends list working.

I do hope we can get a few games going with a bunch of Neowinians on the battlefield but I will say, I won't be spending much time on US servers which I

know a few people here will. I'm hyper-sensitive to high latency :laugh:

I do hope we can get a few games going with a bunch of Neowinians on the battlefield but I will say, I won't be spending much time on US servers which I

know a few people here will. I'm hyper-sensitive to high latency :laugh:

Then start playing more often in US servers to desensitize yourself. (Y)

Then start playing more often in US servers to desensitize yourself. (Y)

It's impossible to get desensitized to high latency, especially if you take on a marksman role. :/

That reminds me, the ambient effects in the game are amazing, stuff like the wind blowing snow across a road etc. Also, the triggers like the A-10's flying overhead at the end of a round.

The Frostbite engine is really amazing (Y)

It's impossible to get desensitized to high latency, especially if you take on a marksman role. :/

True, that. I experienced it first-hand in a number of games and it's annoying.

I love the medic :laugh:

<Snipped>

Damn! The Medic is one hell of a class eh. I think it looks the coolest too.

battlefield-bad-company-2-20091104021028906_640w.jpg

That reminds me, the ambient effects in the game are amazing, stuff like the wind blowing snow across a road etc. Also, the triggers like the A-10's flying overhead at the end of a round.

The Frostbite engine is really amazing (Y)

It definitely is amazing. I was looking forward to a Frostbite-powered game on the PC ever since the release of Battlefield: Bad Company. I wonder how it looks with DX11 effects.

anyone got a spare beta key??

thanks

yeah me need key too :cry:

Try this: http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta

@Sethos: I very much agree with you, I am sensitive to High Latency, but Im using a 20 meg connection and do not fear UK servers anymore. So ill gladly play with you if your too n00b to play with us over in the US :p.

The frostbite engine is truly amazing. Having played the first one on 360, i started it said "no this is not battlefield" and ended it within 5 minutes of playing online. But with this game I went in without having that "omg its gonna fail like bc1" and said "DICE is in and keep hopes high". I was glad I did, because the game is amazing and ill have xfire opened to log every hour i play the day this game goes retail. Ill be putting this whole year into just this game. I really do enjoy it, of course BF2 and BF2 + PR will always be my main BF games, this is a Very good Second.

What I really cant wait for, More MAPS and game modes!!!