Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I believe there will be no email from steam, come Thursday beta will be available for download (appear in your non-installed games list) and that's it.

That's what I'm thinking.

according to the ea battlefield blog, they are going to make another post later today with more information about the beta, after that im assuming we will be getting out beta info emails.

They posted that new blog update, the beta will just show up on your games list. Now that I know steam is doing the beta I have canceled my gamestop order to use steam and save myself shipping cost :)

well gamestops product page now says "Online Customers: A beta activation code and download instructions will be emailed beginning January 27th, 2010.", whereas before it said the code/download info would be mailed out on the 26th...love how no one can get their crap straight these days...it would have been nice to get the information and download link today because im sure some people will need a fair bit of time to download the hefty file im sure...that and im sure the servers are gonna get murdered when the link go's live

This 4-pack better be up soon. I'm temped to pre-order for the beta on Thursday.

According to a post on the BFBC2 forums by a member who had a reply from Play customer services, Play.com have yet to be given keys from the manufacturer and therefore can't give them to current pre-orders. Looks like there is a delay somewhere.

Are you not gonna buy on Xbox 360? Gonna miss you saying 'I hate this f***ing game' every 5-10 minutes :( :p

Nope, I've gotten way too used to my mouse and keyboard, not to mention the ( much ) improved graphics.

So you will have to acquire the PC version to hear my songs of praise :laugh:

Nope, I've gotten way too used to my mouse and keyboard, not to mention the ( much ) improved graphics.

Aw :(

Let me think about it, do I spend ?550 to hear your songs of praise, hmm.

I hope I am not going to be the only one who does actually get it on Xbox 360, gonna be a one man squad otherwise!

*Hugs .KICK*

I think there's quite a few people getting the 360 version, Munky I'm almost sure of and Larry said he was getting both - So you should have company when playing ( BAD COMPANY!!11 HUHUHU ... k )

Just so you know.... We just started preorders on Battlefield: Bad company 2 (PC only, sorry. Console servers won't be available for ordering). Don't wanna post spam here, but thought It was relevant to the discussion :)

PC dedicated servers have file access locked aside from 3 config files: the main server ini (Not alot of settings there), the mapcycle file (Only one map in the beta though) and the slot reservation config.

Right now, for the beta, the slot amount is limited to 32, although we just found a way to crank it up. We'll do some tests on this in the following days.

Oh and the PC version is gorgeous ;) albeit quite buggy. You are still in for a treat XD

If you want my company's website, I am not gonna post it here (Pretty sure it's against the rules). Send me a PM and I'll tell you.

Nice, I'm so glad I'm getting the 360 version...

A question about the whole pre-order and Beta Key thing. A friend of mine pre-ordered at Amazon and got his Beta Key the next day, yesterday I pre-ordered too at Amazon but 2 copies, one for myself and one for another friend. Will I receive two e-mails with Beta Keys?

EDIT: PC version btw.

There we go :) Two screenies for your viewing pleasure :) Second picture, I blew up a fuel container just for fun, hehe love destructible buildings.