• England
    • Germany
    • The Netherlands (Holland)
    • Italy (Current holders)
    • Brazil
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Other (Specify in post)
  2. 2. (Golden Boot) Who will be top scorer?

• Wayne Rooney (England)
    • David Villa (Spain)
    • Fernando Torres (Spain)
    • Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
    • Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
    • Lionel Messi (Argentina)
    • Kaka (Brazil)
    • Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
    • Thierry Henry (France)
    • Jermaine Defoe (England)
    • Other (Specify in post)

Nooooooooo! Better than those darned drums. In Spain. What a miss by Franco

South Africa could of been ahead just before half time! it got really good near the end!

any place I can stream this stuff from? I am at work, what better way to utilize all this bandwidth than to stream soccer :)

i think espn is streaming it in america. Otherwise i'm sure torrents will be available in a few hours.

why did we have multiple world cup threads :rofl: there's no no use for this thread :laugh:

anyway this has become a good game!

The other threads are to discuss the specifics of each game. This one could be about the tournament in general.

oh? oh well previous threads had it all in one and it got pretty awesome but if it works it works (Y)

oh? oh well previous threads had it all in one and it got pretty awesome but if it works it works (Y)

previous threads?

I did it mostly for the polls.

previous threads?

I did it mostly for the polls.

I meant like previous world cups, euro championships etc but its cool gets more discussion going and Neobond loves the post stats :p

I prefer having one thread for everything WC. If you start creating individual ones it starts getting messy and the discussions are spread out and not as interesting.

Maybe the mods could come to a decision now before many more games start happening, because if we're going to keep it in just this one then they can easily just merge the 2 that are already created.

I prefer having one thread for everything WC. If you start creating individual ones it starts getting messy and the discussions are spread out and not as interesting.

One thread is too confusing..what if some members want to talk about one game and others about other game. Having 20+ threads about each game for a tournament which is only once every 4 yrs, is reasonable :)

Yeah I agree that this thread can be the World Cup in general, but I do like having a topic per game, keeps the discussion focused for that game.

Did anyone see ITV clips of the North Koreans team in a public gym. ?I feel sorry for the players, their country can't afford a training base, I would have thought FIFA would have helped the poorer countries by paying for the hotels and pitches along with some sort of sharing. ?

Did anyone see ITV clips of the North Koreans team in a public gym. ?I feel sorry for the players, their country can't afford a training base, I would have thought FIFA would have helped the poorer countries by paying for the hotels and pitches along with some sort of sharing. ?

Yeah! At one point they were taking pictures with some hench guy, and then heading a ball about in the middle of the gym!

Is a shame that they can't afford their own proper training gym, though.

Disappointing that the Netherlands only have 5 votes in this poll. :p They're world no. 4 on FIFA's list AFAIK.

I don't think they'll win the cup though. But I'll support them anyway. :)

Disappointing that the Netherlands only have 5 votes in this poll. :p They're world no. 4 on FIFA's list AFAIK.

I don't think they'll win the cup though. But I'll support them anyway. :)

I think it's because the Netherlands have a habit of blowing up in major tournaments which is shame really as i quite like the Dutch (that might have something to do with the kit they wore in the 80s :p )

How boring was the Uruguay v France game? the only thing that stopped me from falling a sleep were the bloody horns.

Omg, the commentators on ESPN just sux O.O No passion, no excitement at all =/

You should hear European commentators, they make the games so much more entertaining.

I wish the World Cup ESPN commentators would have the same spirit as the NFL commentators.

You should hear European commentators, they make the games so much more entertaining.

I wish the World Cup ESPN commentators would have the same spirit as the NFL commentators.

I think they are saving themselves for tomorrow :whistle: ;) ITV over here are boring to be honest but then again the BBC aren't that much better. Is football (sorry soccer) big over there? i know a while ago most Americans weren't that bothered about it has that opinion changed.

You do realize Martin Tyler is one of those commentators...?! lulz

Is football (sorry soccer) big over there? i know a while ago most Americans weren't that bothered about it has that opinion changed.

Nah not that big but it seems that for this World Cup there's been more advertising about it than previous World Cups. I think US are now more confident in their soccer team than before.

I really wish USA would win a World Cup so Soccer could really kick off in the country.

You do realize Martin Tyler is one of those commentators...?! lulz

Damn, what happened to him then?? Did he suddenly age that much?

Hopefully he'll pick it up!

I was expecting better from the match opener of the World Cup.

Damn, what happened to him then?? Did he suddenly age that much?

Hopefully he'll pick it up!

I was expecting better from the match opener of the World Cup.

I think they did just fine, granted the excitement came later in the game, and there weren't as many 'big name players' - give it time. Judging by your response you know who he is and his importance/influence in the world of soccer. I mean, the guy has been handling World Cups since like 1978 lol

ESPN's lead announcer will be Martin Tyler, who has attended every World Cup final since 1978 and is an icon among fans in Europe. Tyler has worked for London-based Sky Sports since 1991 and was voted Premier League Commentator of the Decade in 2003.

Read More

Interesting: I only copied the text for the quote, and when pasted, it auto-added:

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/11/1674251/world-cup-will-have-a-strong-british.html#ixzz0qaPbIIHP

How did they accomplish that?