Images of Internet Explorer 9's new interface leaked

I dunno how metro UI would actually work for a browser on the desktop. It's really ment for specific devices and experiences. That said, i'm pretty interested in what the real IE9 UI might be.

I quite like that.. I would probably use it on windows if they made the UI look that nice and I'm not a fan of IE!

They should have transition effects too... you go to another web page and it slides in from the side of the browser window over the top of the previous web page.:wub:

While it looks hideous/fake/impossible, I'm not judging. Last couple of times I did, I hated both office 2007 and windows 7 screenshots. Couldn't have been more wrong.

Don't like it at all, and I'm pretty sure it is fake. I don't see MS ever going that route on Internet Explorer.

You know, that reminds me of the april fools joke last year that stated Microsoft had dropped trident and decided to go with Webkit. The interesting part - the number of fan boys who wished it were true; that was until they continued reading the article lol

It would have been great if the UI actually looked like that with tabs on top. Instead we're going to get that ****ty IE7+ UI again.

How do you even know? If all they were going to do was just use a tweaked IE7/8 UI like we have now then why even hide it from us at all? I think the fact we're only seeing a basic box at this point and no UI is because they're going to redo it all over.

I like IE8 with the fav bar btw. I have all my RSS feeds placed up there so I can quickly see a list of new things without having to open a new tab/window unless I want to. No other browser handles feeds this way, and I like it alot.

That's actually exactly what I'm going to do :p

My version doesn't look very good, nor does it look like the screenshots exactly. But it works, including all the buttons, and it was written in real code using WPF. Also didn't take very long. But I'm not very sure where I would put tabs.

post-310832-12702852555071.png

well , if there were a browser with this UI around , i will use it immediately , even if it was slow , crappy and buggy ! i'll use it as my default browser .

If its a April fools, its a good one, and by the looks of the pics, IE9 should look like that! :)

well , if there were a browser with this UI around , i will use it immediately , even if it was slow , crappy and buggy ! i'll use it as my default browser .

+1

Might be an April Fools, and if it is they certainly got me. Looks awesome, and even if it's fake hopefully someone will take the time to make a mock up of that picture in Mozilla Firefox. I know I'd download it.

Might be an April Fools, and if it is they certainly got me. Looks awesome, and even if it's fake hopefully someone will take the time to make a mock up of that picture in Mozilla Firefox. I know I'd download it.

Or a nice Chrome theme.

My version doesn't look very good, nor does it look like the screenshots exactly. But it works, including all the buttons, and it was written in real code using WPF. Also didn't take very long. But I'm not very sure where I would put tabs.

post-310832-12702852555071.png

Any updates on this?

Tabs on top.

Any updates on this?

Yep! I'm making it more pretty, and adding a few more features that you would expect from a modern web browser. Also, I'm taking a few ideas from the WP7 version of IE where the original screenshots (IE9) were lacking. Maybe tomorrow I'll make available an installer so that you can try it out.

Tabs on top.

But underneath the title bar, right? Or on top? My idea was hidden, until you open something in another tab. Also check out the way WP7 implements tabs (although not ideal for a desktop application).

Tabs on top.

No. I hate them on top.

Yep! I'm making it more pretty, and adding a few more features that you would expect from a modern web browser. Also, I'm taking a few ideas from the WP7 version of IE where the original screenshots (IE9) were lacking. Maybe tomorrow I'll make available an installer so that you can try it out.

But underneath the title bar, right? Or on top? My idea was hidden, until you open something in another tab. Also check out the way WP7 implements tabs (although not ideal for a desktop application).

This. Make it appear when you open a new tab and underneath. I hate that new chrome trend where it is on top. :x

If this is an April's Fools joke, it's a good one, but I for one like this minimalist approach to interface (well, I like what it *could* look like with some much needed tweaking). My opinion (don't hold it against me) is that this also s**** all over Aero Glass, which takes a lot of space and does pretty much nothing. Then again, this would just break the UI consistency all over again, and it's pretty much already broken now.

Why wont it work on XP? Makes no sense.

Yes it does, since Microsoft has to drop all XP support someday....

Yes it does, since Microsoft has to drop all XP support someday....

Just another way to get people to finally drop XP. No IE9, no Windows Live Wave 4 apps either. And I think no Office 2010? I could be wrong on that las tone though.

Just another way to get people to finally drop XP. No IE9, no Windows Live Wave 4 apps either. And I think no Office 2010? I could be wrong on that las tone though.

i renamber Office 2010 support XP SP3(as minimum)