Images of Internet Explorer 9's new interface leaked

Yep, tabs are coming. That's the only thing I really miss when using it. Some settings will be coming, including setting the homepage (maybe you want bing.com :) ), and bookmarks. Also, about the title bar... it's both title bar and URL bar, but it could also be a search box. In my latest version, it will also do a search if you don't type in a URL.

The biggest thing is making it so that it resizes correctly. Since I had to remove the default Windows chrome (as per the original screenshot, no Aero glass border), I have to write the window resizing/moving code myself.

I don't care if nobody ever uses this, because I sure will! :p

It sounds really good. I'm going to check it out now. I really like the idea of the title bar also being the location bar and the search bar, especially if the text box disappears and displays the title of the webpage like I think somebody said it did.

Is there any reason you can't use the IE8 engine? I've never looked into developing a web browser, so I wouldn't know.

It sounds really good. I'm going to check it out now. I really like the idea of the title bar also being the location bar and the search bar, especially if the text box disappears and displays the title of the webpage like I think somebody said it did.

Is there any reason you can't use the IE8 engine? I've never looked into developing a web browser, so I wouldn't know.

It uses the engine that comes with whatever version of IE you have installed on your machine.

It looks like a great little project to me :yes:

Who cares about download numbers if you enjoy doing it, and it's an interesting experiment.

Thanks! :)

Yes, I can use the IE8 engine I believe. The default is IE7 unless you specify a different rendering mode, by adding a key to the registry. I'll change it to IE8 standards mode. That'll be much better :)

Edit: Correct, it uses the version you have installed. But even if you have IE8 installed, it will still use IE7 by default. But if you don't have IE8 installed, of course you're stuck with IE7.

Edit2: Security settings, phishing filter, etc carry over from IE

Any idea how you could change it to use Webkit instead? :p I love the browser, will love it more when tabs/settings/resize is available... but I'd love it even more if it uses Webkit, I prefer that rendering engine over Trident.

Any idea how you could change it to use Webkit instead? :p I love the browser, will love it more when tabs/settings/resize is available... but I'd love it even more if it uses Webkit, I prefer that rendering engine over Trident.

Yep, that's possible, and I think I'll do it. I just need to rethink cost/benefit. I'll make a separate version that uses webkit, and see how it goes :)

Yep, that's possible, and I think I'll do it. I just need to rethink cost/benefit. I'll make a separate version that uses webkit, and see how it goes :)

good stuff. maybe we should make a separate thread for this software... and I'll be an alpha/beta tester for you :)

good stuff. maybe we should make a separate thread for this software... and I'll be an alpha/beta tester for you :)

Yep, I'll make a new thread in a few days - after I have a bit more to show. Sorry I sort of hijacked this thread a little... :p

Yep, I'll make a new thread in a few days - after I have a bit more to show. Sorry I sort of hijacked this thread a little... :p

Haha I don't think it matters much, everyone already knows it was an April Fools Day joke, at least it got interesting when you posted your software. :p

The first thing I'd think about would be actually slapping this on the IE9 dev preview that's out. Since this did start off as a IE9 UI idea/joke anyways.

well , if there were a browser with this UI around , i will use it immediately , even if it was slow , crappy and buggy ! i'll use it as my default browser .

Form over functionality tends to be the norm.