Microsoft : Office 2010 RTM (Released to Manufacturing)

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of that guy. First, he says a trial download is available, then that build 4763 is RTM, then that 4999 is compiled. Not exactly the best way to build credibility.

He's probably just repeating what he's getting from the inside. But I'm with you...

Fact is, Mary Jo Foley or Paul haven't said anything, it probably hasn't happened.

alright.. when will office 2010 RTM!!!! I am losing my patience...

Whats the rush mate :p It's not like it will be any better than beta.

Whats the rush mate :p It's not like it will be any better than beta.

I formatted my laptop a few days ago but didnt install office 2007 since 2010 is right around the corner.

so now i am without office in my PC and it sucks.... :)

I formatted my laptop a few days ago but didnt install office 2007 since 2010 is right around the corner.

so now i am without office in my PC and it sucks.... :)

same here , thought wordpad would do the job till then , and now i JUST CANT WAIT ANY FURTHER!!!!!!!

Just received this email

---------

We've Shipped!

We are pleased to announce that a short time ago, we officially released Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Visio 2010 and Project 2010 to manufacturing!

RTM (Release to Manufacturing) is the final engineering milestone of our product development cycle, and is a significant achievement for all of us. We could not have reached this point without the participation of more than 5,000 customers, partners, MVPs and dedicated individuals who have all worked with us on early deployment and testing of the products. The feedback that we?ve received from you has helped deliver a set of products we are very excited about.

Important Dates and Product Availability Information!

You can expect to see Office 2010 in retail stores in June, and can pre-order Office 2010 at http://store.microsoft.com/OfficePreorder today to receive Office when it ships in June.

Join us for the Virtual Launch Event ? May 12th

As announced earlier, we will officially launch Office 2010 to our business customers on May 12 in New York City with a keynote from Stephen Elop, President of Microsoft?s Business Division. People around the globe can participate in a virtual launch by going to http://www.the2010event.com. The virtual launch will include product demos, customer and partner testimonials, and interviews with product managers and executives.

On behalf of the entire Office team, we thank you for helping us reach the RTM milestone!

Microsoft Office 2010 Technical Beta Program Team

Where can I get Office 2010 cheap as a student. I know there was one subscription service that was only $20 a year that you could get pretty much any Office program, does anybody remember the name? I'm in High School btw.

Where can I get Office 2010 cheap as a student. I know there was one subscription service that was only $20 a year that you could get pretty much any Office program, does anybody remember the name? I'm in High School btw.

http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx

US$59.95 for Office 2007 now and Office 2010 when it comes out. Doesn't get much better than that.

Microsoft has released Office 2010 RTM : Product Guides today

Download link

Microsoft Office 2010 offers powerful new ways to deliver your best work?at the office, at home, or at school. Designed to deliver the best productivity experience across the PC, phone, and browser, Office 2010 helps you capture your ideas more creatively, work more easily with others, and gives you the flexibility to get work done when and where you choose.

Whether you are a Microsoft Office user or you?re evaluating Office 2010 for your business, the product guides are a great place to start. Explore the Office 2010 product guides for an overview of what?s new and improved in your favorite Microsoft Office programs or for a deeper look at benefits across all Office 2010 programs. Each guide provides an at-a-glance overview, a closer look at many new and improved features, and instructions to help you find the features you want quickly and easily. You?ll also find additional information and resources in some of the guides for power users, IT pros, and developers.

Found it: http://www.acm.org/ . $20 a year and you basically get an MSDN subscription.

They don't not have Office, never have, and do not offer Windows 7 any more due to abuse a while back.

According to WZOR.net this is the info for Office 2010 RTM:

32bit:

BUILD: 14.0.4763.1000

FILE: 14.0.4763.1000_Select_volume_ship_x86_en-us_dvd.iso

SIZE: 3,490,926,592 byte

SHA1: 92F9B3BD1029A1FF524B8A2BD8EF4F7E5C304F5B

MD5: 78E007959180C6B8CFE840F1D9312A42

CRC: 1EA98A3F

64bit:

BUILD: 14.0.4763.1000

FILE: 14.0.4763.1000_Select_volume_ship_x64_en-us_dvd.iso

SIZE: 4,018,466,816 byte

SHA1: 88E8A16A21C7C71E210282B39C54A0A782637580

MD5: 430A89F6F3FBB2AAB914E22DC1846093

CRC: 312F7C7A

mo_2010_rtm_02.jpg

It doesn't seem to have leaked yet btw incase ppl are wondering.