Microsoft : Office 2010 RTM (Released to Manufacturing)

The setup.exe build is 14.0.4755.1000

And I got and error said "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

What's going on?

14.0.4755.1000?

Mine is 14.0.4730.1010 from MSDN.

Does anyone know what is Static Activation Key ?

Of course you can extract the EXEs...

name_of_exe.exe /extract:path

eg:

en_office_professional_plus_2010_x64_515489.exe /extract:C:\cookie_monster

In command line of course (Y)

Winrar !

capturept.png

Winrar !

I try that,but when I install it, I get ""The language of this installation package is not supported by your system".

For the command line, it works just fine.

14.0.4755.1000?

Mine is 14.0.4730.1010 from MSDN.

Does anyone know what is Static Activation Key ?

37379750.png

Winrar !

Extracting via WinRAR won't work. You'll get an error when you try to run the setup. You have to either use the commandline extraction or copy the files out from the temp directory that's created when you run the packaged EXE.

Extracting via WinRAR won't work. You'll get an error when you try to run the setup. You have to either use the commandline extraction or copy the files out from the temp directory that's created when you run the packaged EXE.

Ok I never tried running setup after the extraction, why is that then ?

37379750.png

Sorry but the one you have is not Office 2010 RTM.It's look like Microsoft Office Click-To-Run Bootstrapper or Proofing Tool Kit.The size is only 1.04MB and the date modified was on 3/11/2010.

capturefx.png

Sorry but the one you have is not Office 2010 RTM.It's look like Microsoft Office Click-To-Run Bootstrapper or Proofing Tool Kit.The size is only 1.04MB and the date modified was on 3/11/2010.

capturefx.png

I took it from the exacted .exe.

The sha1 of the download from technet does not match what is shown on technet, anyone got a match? Or am I alone.

You're alone. Check the digital signatures on the files. If they're valid, then your hashing method is bunk.

Did anyone else notice that most of the Office 2010 suite got released including Sharepoint 2010 however, Sharepoint Designer 2010 never got released today (at least it's not showing in my lists on both MSDN and technet).

The sha1 of the download from technet does not match what is shown on technet, anyone got a match? Or am I alone.

They match fine mate. Might want to re-download...

349873518t.png

(click to make bigger)

You're alone. Check the digital signatures on the files. If they're valid, then your hashing method is bunk.

They match fine mate. Might want to re-download...

<snip>

(click to make bigger)

Yeah, I *ahem* got the command wrong. I missed the 1 of the sha and ...you know the rest. :blush:

Did anyone else notice that most of the Office 2010 suite got released including Sharepoint 2010 however, Sharepoint Designer 2010 never got released today (at least it's not showing in my lists on both MSDN and technet).

actually sharepoint designer is free. they made it free last year.

Kind of annoying that we can't extract the EXE and run the setup from the extracted files. Hopefully they'll upload the retail DVD or a VL ISO to Technet.

Edit: You can extract the CD structure from your temp directory while the installation is open.

To piggy-back on that:

During setup, a folder will be created in

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

This is for Windows 7. I don't know if the location will be the same on other versions.

The folder will start with the letters "OW"

I simply created a iso from that folder using imgburn and burned it to a CD.

(Note: To find that folder, you need to show hidden folders. The setting is in the Control Panel in "Folder Options".)

Got it installed on my laptop and PC, both of which are running Windows 7 Ultimate. I must say, I'm impressed with the UI changes. It's aesthetically pleasing and it fits in with Windows 7. :)

Got it installed on my laptop and PC, both of which are running Windows 7 Ultimate. I must say, I'm impressed with the UI changes. It's aesthetically pleasing and it fits in with Windows 7. :)

Any hint on when they will release office web apps?