Microsoft : Office 2010 RTM (Released to Manufacturing)

wonder if the build numbers will be correct as the leaked ones are different, they say 4760.1000 in office itself but if you right click word's .exe file it says 4763.1000, would be an amateur mistake if MS let this be the RTM build.

yeah the wzor MAY be different from the ZWT version, we'll need to compare the MD5 hashes for the iso's to know if the ZWT build has the same problem with build numbers.

yeah the wzor MAY be different from the ZWT version, we'll need to compare the MD5 hashes for the iso's to know if the ZWT build has the same problem with build numbers.

WZT = Wzor...it's not a problem with build numbers. Every office build has variable build numbers for each sub component. Look at Office 2007 and it's the same.

Yeah Hurry up technet already!~!!!

Given its only 6am odd in Washington id say at some point in the next cpl-few hours.

10am pst hey....hrmm so be it.

I steered clear of the beta...I feel like this is a new present waiting for me to unwrap

Whats the deal with technet/msdn; we have an action pack subscription so we get stuff via partnernet, is this going to be available there as well? Anyone know?

Also, are there any details on the Office webapps yet? At present I'm storing my OneNote notebooks in my Live Mesh storage, which works fine, but I'd be curious to know if we'll be able to use the remote storage option straight away now that 2010 is 'out there', or if that will only come once its in shops in June?

Finally. Just ~4 hours left! I've waited a long time for this. I held out on using the beta/RC releases so I hope this was worth the wait.

Finally. Just ~4 hours left! I've waited a long time for this. I held out on using the beta/RC releases so I hope this was worth the wait.

It definitely is worth the wait. The beta version has been so pleasent to use. I wish I could get hold of this :( How do you guys get a MSDN/Technet account?

I'm excited about this too. Granted, I'm at work right now, and won't be able to download it. If I was thinking about it this morning, I would've left my PC on this morning with TeamViewer running, that way I could just remote in and start the download. Then it'd be done by the time I got home. But nooo, I didn't think about that :( Either way, I have a new OS X disc coming soon (hopefully today), so I'll be installing Office 2010 on my desktop and my laptop, along with Visio. Good times.

To Mr. Brightside, go here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/default.aspx

It definitely is worth the wait. The beta version has been so pleasent to use. I wish I could get hold of this :( How do you guys get a MSDN/Technet account?

A lot of people in University/College get MSDNAA (AA = Academic Alliance), a lot of people also just pay for the TechNet/MSDN subscription themselves.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/default.aspx

EDIT: sorry, didn't see IceBreakerG's message above.

To IceBreakerG and Chsoriano - thank you for the links and information. +1 to both of you.

My university provides us with MSDNAA, but unfortunately, the only Office programs they include on there are Visio and Access (which makes sense due to the nature of my course). I'd just really like Outlook 2010, ya see :D

isn't this the tech preview something with a build number of something like 14.0.4743.1000?

I'm calling bull....

MSDN and TechNet get it today so they will confirm the build number :)