Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

I can't seem to find it, oh well, if its not today then tomorrow??

EDIT: That link that was posted for Microsoft CorpNet, has anyone tried to see if that works now??

I just did a Google search for "Windows Live Essentials 2011" and the download came up right away. Downloading now, hopefully it's the real thing.

The one that circulated on the internet is dodgy at best, and can actually bork Windows Live altogether - the uninstaller doesn't work. I'd reccomend against trying it.

Hmm... Even if this is a good build that works... It's not the beta build. As if this guy was correct. The beta will be 15.4.xxxx. And this is 15.3.2688.420 supposedly.

It's good and it works, but not for us. :p We all tried back then.

I'll give it a try anyway. I'm gonna do a reinstall of Windows 7 anyway due to my OS getting a bit cluttered etc. So don't really matter.

Can anyone check whether it's possible to do a one-way webcam conversation in the new build of Windows Live Messenger?

It was taken out a build or two ago, which is really frustrating.

On my Messenger for iPhone I got TONS of requests from way way way back lol girls wanting to show me pictures of themselves in their undies ;)

On my Messenger for iPhone I got TONS of requests from way way way back lol girls wanting to show me pictures of themselves in their undies ;)

I remember those days :yes:

Is it really 10.15.4? Because I thought this was only Wave 4, and Wave 3 was just 9.0, and Wave 2 was 8.5, and Wave 1 was 8.0. How could they jump from 9.0 to 15.5 already? :|

Is it really 10.15.4? Because I thought this was only Wave 4, and Wave 3 was just 9.0, and Wave 2 was 8.5, and Wave 1 was 8.0. How could they jump from 9.0 to 15.5 already? :|

I don't really know. But Wave 3/2009 was 14.0.xxxx

I don't really know. But Wave 3/2009 was 14.0.xxxx

Yeah, Wave 3 was 14.whatever so 15.whatever seems right for Wave 4.

Also misleading title, it isn't actually out (As in, publicly available) but there are people who have it.

This makes absolutely no sense... I remember Windows Live Messenger 8.5 coming out refreshing the look and making it Windows Live Wave 2, with the Windows Vista look. Then I remember the excitement with what was going to be Windows Live Messenger 9.0, which was Wave 3's version. Confused! :s

wave 1 and 2 were 9

8 is an earlier version

3 is 14

4 is 15

Yeah, Wave 3 was 14.whatever so 15.whatever seems right for Wave 4.

Also misleading title, it isn't actually out (As in, publicly available) but there are people who have it.

It is publically available... just waiting for MS to put the links up.

It is publically available... just waiting for MS to put the links up.

Does that link work now though that you posted, the CorpNet one? you never know... :p

Does that link work now though that you posted, the CorpNet one? you never know... :p

I'll just leave this here....

post-253493-12771548922355.png

You can't do anything with this one , yet whistle.gif

post-334324-12771548832352.jpg

Sync and Mail will do for the brief time .

Watch out, Microsoft will get your Live ID! whistle.gif