Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

Something else I've noticed is the new splash screen for Live Mail which looks pretty great and fits the overal theme of Messenger quite well. I've also noticed that all list hovers haven't been changed to the ones Windows 7 uses. This looks way better as well and more consistent (Y)

Pics?

I'm confused.... The Official MS build is the same as we all have now. But where is Facebook chat?

Somebody said something about enabling it on facebook and linking your account. Check it out on liveside.net

I know this sounds odd, but update your DirectX runtime drivers :)

I updated my directX and the problem still exist.

Somebody said something about enabling it on facebook and linking your account. Check it out on liveside.net

Yeah. I got told it has not been turned on server side. But should do in a few hours. So for everyone wanting to be ready,

Go to your Windows Live Social Settings

On the Facebook Page check "Chat with Facebook friends" (Clear cache if you don't see that option).

Connect to FB, Apply and wait.

I downloaded official build but it gives me error "Check your internet connection" ... How would I download the installer if I hadn't internet connection AGRHHHH!!!

I had the "No internet connection found" but at the end of the installation.I tried a couple of times until it succeded but there was no Start menu folder.I open messenger from program files.Its very odd :s

Edit:Im trying now with the offline installer.

Edit 2:Same with offline installer.wth is going on with messenger beta?

Looks like I just got the Facebook chat integration onto Messenger. Just go to Manage your services, then select facebook, then a check-box should appear asking you if you want to integrate Facebook chat into Messenger, follow the steps, save, and in a few mins you can chat with your facebook friends in Messenger.

Looks like I just got the Facebook chat integration onto Messenger. Just go to Manage your services, then select facebook, then a check-box should appear asking you if you want to integrate Facebook chat into Messenger, follow the steps, save, and in a few mins you can chat with your facebook friends in Messenger.

I enabled it in settings, but can't chat with FB friends on Messenger.

EDIT: I was just talking to a FB friend, and it just popped up on MSN :D YEY!

They really messed up the blocked list didn't they. Someone I've deleted and blocked just messaged me and I can't even find the proper settings for it.

They really messed up the blocked list didn't they. Someone I've deleted and blocked just messaged me and I can't even find the proper settings for it.

Yeah, they changed it now to "Appear offline to this person".

But to see who you are appearing offline too, click the list in social view where you choose who you show and choose " People who I am appearing offline too".

For those who have the error with the connection not found try install with old installer(15.3).Its working fine,it installed 15.4.

Yeah, not everyone is keeping every installer, especially web one, on his HDD ... Thanks MS!

Could someone upload it?

Sorry but this is how a messenger should look like ...

capture.png

But from the looks of it, it lacks a lot of features, I prefer Messengers UI and features.