Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

Yeah well, collapsing doesn't fix the issue. And on the appearing offline msging -- i also got that bug, I can't talk to anyone when I'm appearing offline, I hope this is not intended on the new messenger because then it's gonna suck very bad.

This is intended.

intended.png

• 2 weeks later...

how the hell do you change your msn name in this program?

i had to sign into msn for mac to change my display name. that's makes this program an automatic fail

I just noticed the download build number has changed slightly. From 15.3.2804.0607

to 15.3.2805.9625. Maybe hinting at Beta 2 tomorrow?

I just noticed the download build number has changed slightly. From 15.3.2804.0607

to 15.3.2805.9625. Maybe hinting at Beta 2 tomorrow?

yeah supposedly beta 2 should be out tomorrow according to various sources at 10:00 am PST.

yeah supposedly beta 2 should be out tomorrow according to various sources at 10:00 am PST.

Great. Live Messenger is in dire need of some bug fixes.

Sad news for me. As that is about 7pm tomorrow :( But hopefully looking foward to it. But it was a rumour from that guy who got it wrong numerous times. So it might be next week, next fews day etc. Should not be too far though. As we should be seeing a RTW of it by Late September.

Bah they done some ridiculous for e.g try changing the icon of the short cut not gonna happen .. I think switching to trillian is the best option now. How bad can you **** up a messenger program ...

^It's still possible to change the icon of a shortcut for WLM :p

Edit: I'm liking the new login status dialog a lot. Also, for me Messenger doesn't stay running in the background anymore after clicking "Exit" in the menu. The previous beta would actually keep running even though I had closed it. Menu hovers in Messenger have also changed from native Windows hovers to the hover images from the app. The current hovers fit the overall style a lot better if you ask me. The "Share something new" section of the contact list is still bugged though :p

Edited by Capric0rn

I am disappointed. They still haven't fixed bug with "Share something new" box in Messenger and haven't added Sync tray icon animation while syncing or ability to see how much free space left on SkyDrive synced storage (both are available in Mac client). It seems that they've fixed only bug with not remembering window size and position in Messenger ...

^It's still possible to change the icon of a shortcut for WLM :p

It's possible until you pin the program to the task bar then it reverts back to the default icon from some embedded resource. I changed all the icons in all the resources I could find. They also seem to open a "sign in program" before the main program which screws up pinning to the task bar as well. Removed a ton of options in the message window hiding toolbars etc ... the UI change is pretty terrible as well. All in all pathetic.

^Try downloading the non-Web installer. It'll download the installer with all the files inside of it :)

@mail: Hm, that I didn't know. Changing icons for the Superbar are usually done by creating a shortcut with different icon and then pin that to the Superbar.

Though for some reason it seems to be working for me o_O

capture.png

What I also dislike is that when you close Messenger and start it up again, it automatically logs the user in while not having that option enabled :s

I am disappointed. They still haven't fixed bug with "Share something new" box in Messenger and haven't added Sync tray icon animation while syncing or ability to see how much free space left on SkyDrive synced storage (both are available in Mac client). It seems that they've fixed only bug with not remembering window size and position in Messenger ...

what is the bug in "Share something new"? (I haven't noticed it / don't use it much)

^When you click on it you can type on it, though you wont be able to see what you're typing. Also, once you're done with "Sharing something new", you wont be able to see what you've actually typed.

Also, the current "Options" dialog looks ugly but they did improve it a whole lot :p

Something else I've noticed is the new splash screen for Live Mail which looks pretty great and fits the overal theme of Messenger quite well. I've also noticed that all list hovers haven't been changed to the ones Windows 7 uses. This looks way better as well and more consistent (Y)