Missouri boy, 12, charged with murder of parents

A 12-year-old Missouri boy was charged today with two counts of first degree murder following the shooting deaths of his mother and stepfather.

ABC said police found the bodies in the family's home in a trailer park in the small town of Kaiser, Missouri on Monday. The boy was arrested later that night.

The victims were identified as Rachael and Jaeson Duncan.

The Miller County Sheriff's Department said it received a call about 11.50pm on Monday (local time) from the boy, who had first called his grandmother to tell her he had shot his mother and stepfather before calling 911.

Police found the two adults dead with multiple gunshot wounds.

Police said five other children that live in the home were not present during the shooting.

A hearing will be held at a later date to determine if the 12-year-old will be tried as an adult or a juvenile, the news network reported.

more

He should be punished for what he done, but no way should a 12 year old kid be tried as an adult. It's just like that Idaho kid being tried as an adult (in the news last year I think), it should not happen.

Oh great here we go.The gun ban protectionist will be arriving shortly.

Well it was hardly an accident was it. If people couldnt have guns the kid wouldnt have had access to a gun and his parents would still be alive.

Well it was hardly an accident was it. If people couldnt have guns the kid wouldnt have had access to a gun and his parents would still be alive.

No, he would have used a baseball bat, or some other object.... Oh wait, your from the UK...

• Like 3

No, he would have used a baseball bat, or some other object.... Oh wait, your from the UK...

Prove it, if he didnt have access to guns there is no way you can just say "oh he would have used something else" baseball bats dont kill with one or two shots, the adults could easily overpower him before he did serious damage.

I dont see what my country has to do with anything?

• Like 3

No, he would have just stabbed them to death with a kitchen knife instead. If the kid wanted to kill his parents, he was going to do it with whatever weapon he could acquire.

We should outlaw all sharp objects as well--like needles, so drug companies and hospitals need to find another way to administer medication directly to the bloodstream. Needles could be used as weapons! Oh yeah, wood planks could be weapons as well, so we need to outlaw trees. While we're at it, let's get rid of cars too, cause you can kill people with those. Oh and clothing, cause you can strangle people. Need I go on? The world is freakin' dangerous, people! :rolleyes:

Did you call for a ban on knives in that other thread about the guy killing the another one with a knife?

Guns will never go away in the United States, We have a huge gang violence problem here.If you ban the gun they'll just go down to mexico and bring more in.I don't know if you heard or not but the Mexican border is pretty easy to cross.

No, he would have just stabbed them to death with a kitchen knife instead. If the kid wanted to kill his parents, he was going to do it with whatever weapon he could acquire.

We should outlaw all sharp objects as well--like needles, so drug companies and hospitals need to find another way to administer medication directly to the bloodstream. Needles could be used as weapons! Oh yeah, wood planks could be weapons as well, so we need to outlaw trees. While we're at it, let's get rid of cars too, cause you can kill people with those. Oh and clothing, cause you can strangle people. Need I go on? The world is freakin' dangerous, people! :rolleyes:

Makes me laugh when Americans go over the top with their ridiculous arguments about how if you banned guns you should ban everything that could be used to kill someone.

12 years old is well old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. Hell, my 9 year old nephew and 7 year old niece know that guns are bad and are not to be played with. 12 years old is plenty old enough to realize actions have consequences.

In extremely violent crimes like this, a 12 year old should be tried as an adult.

I had a feeling that somebody would say something stupid like that. Let's play out those scenarios, shall we?

- A little boy pulls a gun trigger.

"Oh look, I'm dead."

- A little boy hits me with a baseball bat or another object. Stabs me, even.

"Oh look, a little boy is attacking me. Let me throw his ass across the room and thank the lord that he used a weapon that requires certain strength and understanding of human anatomy, and thus I got away with only INJURY."

Did you call for a ban on knives in that other thread about the guy killing the another one with a knife?

Guns will never go away in the United States, We have a huge gang violence problem here.If you ban the gun they'll just go down to mexico and bring more in.I don't know if you heard or not but the Mexican border is pretty easy to cross.Sure you'll stop some retard from killing somebody but you're not going to stop them all.

I didnt go into that thread thanks. Nice assumption that i want all guns banned.

So your justification for owning a gun is bad people have guns so you must have a gun too?

If someone comes up to me with a gun and tells me to give him my money etc im not gonna pull a gun out and shoot him, i would just hand over my belongings and that would be that. If anyone could get a gun that means more potential criminals have free access to guns.

I didnt go into that thread thanks.

So your justification for owning a gun is bad people have guns so you must have a gun too?

Well yeah, you can't exactly protect yourself from a gun with a knife can you? Should I just let them waltz into my house and shoot me and my family and steal everything I own. Or should I be able to have a gun to hopefully protect myself?

Well yeah, you can't exactly protect yourself from a gun with a knife can you? Should I just let them waltz into my house and shoot me and my family and steal everything I own. Or should I be able to have a gun to hopefully protect myself?

Who said anything about knives, if the robber comes in with a gun is it really worth losing your life over some possessions?

Is it really worth taking someones life over some possessions?

Guns will never go away in the United States, We have a huge gang violence problem here.If you ban the gun they'll just go down to mexico and bring more in.I don't know if you heard or not but the Mexican border is pretty easy to cross.

Maybe not a ban, but stricter gun control laws. They have that in Canada, it's pretty easy to cross the border into the US to buy guns. You don't see everyone fashioning a pistol under their pillow.

They should totally use their discretion on this case, but if there was no evidence of abuse or otherwise violence towards the child, he should be tried as an adult. 12 years old is grade 6, you know exactly what's going on at that age.

Who said anything about knives, if the robber comes in with a gun is it really worth losing your life over some possessions?

Lol the likely hood that they are going to kill you is very high. You honestly think they'll come in to your house and say excuse me let me just take your stuff oh and btw take a good look at me so you can report me to the cops.They will kill you so there are no witness's,Its happened over and over again in home invasions.

Lol the likely hood that they are going to kill you is very high. You honestly think they'll come in to your house and say excuse me let me just take your stuff oh and btw take a good look at me so you can report me to the cops.They will kill you so there are no witness's,Its happened over and over again in home invasions.

Please, they are there to steal not to systematically murder your whole family before stealing all of your stuff, if you challenge the robber of course hes going to shoot you. If you let him take what he wants he leaves and everyone lives.