Missouri boy, 12, charged with murder of parents

Wrong there have been many instances of people being shot dead while they were in bed sleeping.Im a rather light sleeper so I pretty much hear a little knock or anything and im a wake id rather have a gun to protect me then say a broom stick.

You're nullifying your own argument. If these so-called "robbers" intend to come into your house and shoot you in your sleep, then your owning a gun does very little. They have the element of surprise on their side. You don't, because you'd be asleep. There's a miniscule chance that if you sleep with a gun under your pillow AND you actually hear the "robber" break in that you'd be able to defend yourself. On top of that, you're still leaving it to chance that you'd be able to 1) get the shot off first AND 2) hit the target before the "robber" does.

So is this miniscule chance of saving yourself in the unlikely event that somebody breaks into your house enough to offset the potential for accidental discharge by having the gun in your house 24/7? Have you noticed that you hear stories like these all the time, but you hardly ever hear a story about how somebody thwarts a robbery attempt with a gun. The hard cold truth is that most people killed by guns are, in fact, gunowners themselves.

:rolleyes: He's 12; he knows that shooting people to death is wrong.

and if his parents beat the **** out of him? its a trailer park, I would not be suprised. I am not trying to justify what he did. but I could at least have some understanding as to why he did it if his parents beat him.

You're nullifying your own argument. If these so-called "robbers" intend to come into your house and shoot you in your sleep, then your owning a gun does very little. They have the element of surprise on their side. You don't, because you'd be asleep. There's a miniscule chance that if you sleep with a gun under your pillow AND you actually hear the "robber" break in that you'd be able to defend yourself. On top of that, you're still leaving it to chance that you'd be able to 1) get the shot off first AND 2) hit the target before the "robber" does.

So is this miniscule chance of saving yourself in the unlikely event that somebody breaks into your house enough to offset the potential for accidental discharge by having the gun in your house 24/7? Have you noticed that you hear stories like these all the time, but you hardly ever hear a story about how somebody thwarts a robbery attempt with a gun. The hard cold truth is that most people killed by guns are, in fact, gunowners themselves.

Did you read what i said? I said im a lite sleeper.Pay attention ok :)

We arent just talking about "you" though. If like you said robbers are coming in just to murder you in your sleep someone who is a deep sleeper having a gun wont do them any good will it?

Once they are dead the gun they had is now out in circulation with the criminals.

So all guns laws should take into account the sleeping habits of Darth Laidher. Done.

I love how no one in the world will care about the fact 2 people are dead and this kid is going to have to live with it for the rest of his life, just the fact they can use it for anti-whatever the hell they warp it to.

Makes me laugh when Americans go over the top with their ridiculous arguments about how if you banned guns you should ban everything that could be used to kill someone.

Makes me laugh when idiots from other countries that have already lost their rights and have no clue think banning guns will save lives. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. People have been killing each other long before guns were invented. If someone wants somebody dead they will make it so.

So all guns laws should take into account the sleeping habits of Darth Laidher. Done.

No, They really need a face palm smiley.

I had a feeling that somebody would say something stupid like that. Let's play out those scenarios, shall we?

- A little boy pulls a gun trigger.

"Oh look, I'm dead."

- A little boy hits me with a baseball bat or another object. Stabs me, even.

"Oh look, a little boy is attacking me. Let me throw his ass across the room and thank the lord that he used a weapon that requires certain strength and understanding of human anatomy, and thus I got away with only INJURY."

How about a little boy poisons your food, "Oh look i have been poisoned and now i'm dead". Doesn't matter, where there is a will there is a way.

Makes me laugh when idiots from other countries that have already lost their rights and have no clue think banning guns will save lives. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. People have been killing each other long before guns were invented. If someone wants somebody dead they will make it so.

They don't know what its like to have the same freedoms we have so they think its wrong.

So your justification for owning a gun is bad people have guns so you must have a gun too?

Yep

If someone comes up to me with a gun and tells me to give him my money etc im not gonna pull a gun out and shoot him, i would just hand over my belongings and that would be that. If anyone could get a gun that means more potential criminals have free access to guns.

What if the guy and his friend broke into your house and held you hostage while the other had his way with your significant other? Always two sides of it. Plus since you are from England and live on an ISLAND it is very difficult to get weapons in, in the US we are bordered by two countries, one of which has massive gun violence. Any criminal can easily get a gun. If they take mine away I am now just helpless. Again, stay on your island and keep your opinions there since you have no clue.

well then go get snipped then

That doesn't always work. Now castration is an option..... :yes:

They don't know what its like to have the same freedoms we have so they think its wrong.

Exactly, didn't we beat their butts a few hundred years ago because of freedoms? Something like that. I say take your oppression and crawl back to your island and enjoy being told what to do and when to do it. I am going to sit back with my guns and blaze any turd drug addict, gangsta etc... who wants to do me, my family or my possessions any harm. Do I think someones life is worth losing over this, YES I DO! If they ever ban guns then I will just have them illegally and all you bleeding hearts can pound sand, i'm off to clean my guns.

You do recognize that a gun is far more effective as a murder weapon than, say, a knife, right? Being able to kill at a distance makes the act of killing far less intimate and requires far less of a commitment to go through with your intentions. IOW, guns are for cowards.

• Like 2

You do recognize that a gun is far more effective as a murder weapon than, say, a knife, right? Being able to kill at a distance makes the act of killing far less intimate and requires far less of a commitment to go through with your intentions. IOW, guns are for cowards.

come at me with a knife try to kill me! i will use a gun. you can call me a coward if you want. I will still be alive.

if guns are banned im packing a crossbow

Oh, please. We aren't even close to having the most freedoms. We live in a f*cking Puritanical country compared to most European countries. The US doesn't even rank in the top 15 in terms of democracy:

Democracy.jpg

Exactly, didn't we beat their butts a few hundred years ago because of freedoms? Something like that. I say take your oppression and crawl back to your island and enjoy being told what to do and when to do it.

Yes, it's a lot better to sleep with one eye open and a gun under the pillow if it happens that I'm one of those unlucky people who will get the chance to meet a robber who wants to kill me. Well, at least in my country these happens once per umm 10 years.

Oh, please. We aren't even close to having the most freedoms. We live in a f*cking Puritanical country compared to most European countries. The US doesn't even rank in the top 15 in terms of democracy:

Democracy.jpg

Don't come at me with some bogus graph. That graph was put together by the same website that put it out there.

What country do you live in?

Yes, it's a lot better to sleep with one eye open and a gun under the pillow if it happens that I'm one of those unlucky people who will get the chance to meet a robber who wants to kill me. Well, at least in my country these happens once per umm 10 years.

It is better to have and not need then need and not have.

come at me with a knife try to kill me! i will use a gun. you can call me a coward if you want. I will still be alive.

if guns are banned im packing a crossbow

That's my point. Why would I come at you with a knife? It's far easier to be a coward and use a gun. And good luck getting the shot off before I do if I know that I want to kill you and you dont. If there were no guns, then I would have to "man up" to come at you with a knife--even if you're unarmed.

They should totally use their discretion on this case, but if there was no evidence of abuse or otherwise violence towards the child, he should be tried as an adult. 12 years old is grade 6, you know exactly what's going on at that age.

I agree to a certain extent. But where does it end? Shouldn't a 10-year-old know the difference between right & wrong, as well? An 8-year-old? A 5-year-old?

What's the cutoff?

Don't come at me with some bogus graph. That graph was put together by the same website that put it out there.

And it is almost 6 years old, really. Where is the one for 2010? Regardless, i will enjoy my freedom to bear arms and you can enjoy not.

That's my point. Why would I come at you with a knife? It's far easier to be a coward and use a gun. And good luck getting the shot off before I do if I know that I want to kill you and you dont. If there were no guns, then I would have to "man up" to come at you with a knife--even if you're unarmed.

It doesn't matter.Take away guns and knives, People will kill each other with sticks. You can't stop human nature.

Dude, that was published by the Economist. Have you never heard of the Economist? Even dumb**** Sarah Palin's heard of the Economist--although it took her a couple of weeks to come up with it after Katie Couric asked her what magazine she reads.

BTW, I live in the US just like you, but it seems that I get out far more than you do.