Barclays Premier League Season 2010/2011

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the title this year?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  2. 2. Who's getting relegated?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  3. 3. Who will take the scoring title?

• Drogba (Chelsea)
    • Rooney (Manchester United)
    • Bent (Sunderland)
    • Tevez (Manchester City)
    • Lampard (Chelsea)
    • Dafoe (Tottenham)
    • Torres (Liverpool)
    • Fabregas (Arsenal)
    • Adebayor (Manchester City)
    • Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
    • Saha (Everton)
    • Berbatov (Manchester United)
    • Malouda (Chelsea)
    • Anelka (Chelsea)
    • Bellamy (Manchester City)
    • Carew (Aston Villa)
    • Carlton Cole (West Ham)
    • Arshavin (Arsenal)
    • Jerome (Birmingham)
    • Other!

Why is it we can beat Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea but we have serious problems against Wigan and West Ham and everyone else at the bottom end of the table :angry: :p

well those two red cards were BS at the end of the arsenal game... two yellows it should have been, tops.

Dude, no joke. What a stupid end to a terrible game.

Dude, no joke. What a stupid end to a terrible game.

it actually was, man city played like ass, it was soo boring to watch the second half. more then obvious they were playing for the draw.

it actually was, man city played like ass, it was soo boring to watch the second half. more then obvious they were playing for the draw.

Exactly. And Wenger made some idiotic moves. taking out Walcott and replacing him with Arshavin who stunk.

Then deploying Bendtner as a Left Winger? what gives?

own goal ashley cole (Y)

Bosingwa scored the Owen goal. :p

I was hard to realize that I should stop looking forward to ManUtd's slip-ups when the league went out of our reach, now it'll be easier to give up checking Arsenal's and City's results.

Kenny Dalglish in, Roy Hodgson out.

Please please please...

Looks like you've got your wish:

Hodgson leaves Liverpool 'by mutual consent'

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Hodgson, 63, won only seven of 20 Premier League games after taking over from Rafael Benitez in July 2010 and led the club to 12th in the table.

Former player and manager Kenny Dalglish has been placed in charge until the end of the season.

"Both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down," said American owner John W Henry in a statement on the club's website.

Hodgson refused to answer questions about his Anfield future following Liverpool's 3-1 defeat by Blackburn on Wednesday, the club's third loss in four Premier League games, which left them just four points clear of the relegation zone.

[More Info]

David Beckham 'to train' with Tottenham first team - Won't play.

Former England captain David Beckham has agreed to train with Tottenham until 10 February but will not play for the Premier League club on loan.

BBC Sport understands that insurance premiums have made a short-term loan deal for the LA Galaxy midfielder complicated preventing a move to Spurs.

"Tottenham are delighted to announce that David Beckham will train with the first-team squad," said the club.

Earlier, manager Harry Redknapp had said the loan move was a "no-goer".

Galaxy demanded the insurance fee after he picked up an Achilles injury during his last spell on loan in Europe with AC Milan last season.

That injury ruled the former Manchester United player out of last year's World Cup.

It will come as a blow to the 115-cap midfielder, who had been hoping to catch the eye of England manager Fabio Capello with a two-month loan spell at the Premier League side...

I feel sorry for Hodgson, I wonder if that's his career in management done

Nah, I doubt it.

I think everyone outside of Liverpool knew he didn't stand a chance.

That and he never got to secure his own players which didn't help.

I feel sorry for Hodgson, I wonder if that's his career in management done

He just got ?3 million in compensation - it's hard to 'feel sorry' for him.

Nah, I doubt it.

I think everyone outside of Liverpool knew he didn't stand a chance.

That and he never got to secure his own players which didn't help.

Konchesky, Poulsen...

Liverpool have confirmed Steve Clarke has been appointed as a first-team coach at Anfield.

The former Newcastle, Chelsea and West Ham assistant will move to the Merseyside club and take up the post as Kenny Dalglish looks to form a backroom staff that will help results improve on the pitch.

Reds legend Dalglish is in charge at Liverpool until the end of the campaign following the departure of Roy Hodgson on Saturday.

Clarke left his job at West Ham in the summer after the club parted company with Gianfranco Zola, having worked under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea.

The 47-year-old Scot brings with him a wealth of coaching experience and Dalglish is delighted to see him arrive at the club.

"Steve is a great addition to our backroom team and I'm delighted we've been able to bring him into the club," he told Liverpool's official website.

"I am looking forward to working with Steve alongside Sammy (Lee) and our other technical staff."

Rivals Manchester United made sure Dalglish's first game in charge ended in defeat after earning a 1-0 win over Liverpool in the FA Cup on Sunday.

The Reds now have the chance to turn around their poor Premier League form when they go to Blackpool on Wednesday.

The Football Association has charged Liverpool forward Ryan Babel with improper conduct after he criticised referee Howard Webb on Twitter.

The comments followed Liverpool's defeat by Manchester United in Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie.

Babel forwarded on a mocked-up picture of Webb in a United shirt and also said: "And they call him one of the best referees. That's a joke."

The Dutchman later removed the posts before apologising to Webb.

"My apology if they take my posted picture seriously. This is just a emotional reaction after losing an important game," he said.

"Sorry Howard Webb."

---

New Liverpool caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish will be a candidate for the post on a permanent basis.

The Scot is in charge until the end of the season, with director of football Damien Comolli tasked with finding Roy Hodgson's long-term successor.

Asked whether former Reds player and manager Dalglish would be considered Comolli said: "The answer is yes."

Dalglish added: "If I do really well and someone better than me comes along I will have no problem whatsoever."

Seriously, are they not allowed to make fun of/critisize refs? What kind of protective shields do these men have?

It's more about saying the ref has a bias towards one team. Once a ref is accused of being biased it makes it even more difficult for that ref to officiate any game connected directly or indirectly with that club and may end up making him biased against that team. It's one of those rules designed to stop things happening just like how Clattenburg wasn't allowed to be a ref when companies he was involved with had financial issues because it opens him to bribes.

To me Babel was stupid to post the picture, he could have claimed it was someone else, eg a mate at his house but then he's basically admitted it was him who posted it so...

The Football Association has charged Liverpool forward Ryan Babel with improper conduct after he criticised referee Howard Webb on Twitter.

The comments followed Liverpool's defeat by Manchester United in Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie.

Babel forwarded on a mocked-up picture of Webb in a United shirt and also said: "And they call him one of the best referees. That's a joke."

The Dutchman later removed the posts before apologising to Webb.

"My apology if they take my posted picture seriously. This is just a emotional reaction after losing an important game," he said.

"Sorry Howard Webb."

---

New Liverpool caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish will be a candidate for the post on a permanent basis.

The Scot is in charge until the end of the season, with director of football Damien Comolli tasked with finding Roy Hodgson's long-term successor.

Asked whether former Reds player and manager Dalglish would be considered Comolli said: "The answer is yes."

Dalglish added: "If I do really well and someone better than me comes along I will have no problem whatsoever."

The FA seem to go to ludicrous lengths to protect referees these days, it seems they don't want to hold them to account for their poor decisions. The issue with poor refereeing in the premier league just won't go away, and the FA do not seem to want to go to any lengths to rectify it. If you are being cost results by poor officiating, you should have the right to speak out in my opinion.