Barclays Premier League Season 2010/2011

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the title this year?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  2. 2. Who's getting relegated?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  3. 3. Who will take the scoring title?

• Drogba (Chelsea)
    • Rooney (Manchester United)
    • Bent (Sunderland)
    • Tevez (Manchester City)
    • Lampard (Chelsea)
    • Dafoe (Tottenham)
    • Torres (Liverpool)
    • Fabregas (Arsenal)
    • Adebayor (Manchester City)
    • Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
    • Saha (Everton)
    • Berbatov (Manchester United)
    • Malouda (Chelsea)
    • Anelka (Chelsea)
    • Bellamy (Manchester City)
    • Carew (Aston Villa)
    • Carlton Cole (West Ham)
    • Arshavin (Arsenal)
    • Jerome (Birmingham)
    • Other!

No one's watching the PL games? RVP hat-trick (should have had 4 goals!), Berba with another hat-trick, and Darren Bent just put Villa in the lead with his first goal, against ManCity 1-0

seriously...at the beginning of the season who would have thought this? 17 in 19.

yeah he's had a crazy season probably equalling his best at Spurs

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS

Chelsea have had a £52m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero and defender Diego Godin rejected. I thought Roman Abramovich was supposed to be losing interest? Obviously not.

These amounts of money are really crazy when you think about it!

Wigan 0-1 Aston Villa (Agbonlahor)

2 Goals in two min from Man U 2-2 now!

I put my jersey on at half time, saying "alright, now the game can start!". :D

Hope Rafael is alright, seeing a youngster leave the pitch like that always make my head spin.

Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar will retire from football at the end of this season.

The 40-year-old former Netherlands international moved to Old Trafford from Fulham in 2005.

Van der Sar has made 245 appearances for the Red Devils and helped them to win three Premier League titles and the 2008 Champions League.

"It is now time to pay attention to my family," he told the website of his management agency.

Van der Sar admitted he had been contemplating quitting the game since his wife, Annemarie, collapsed with a brain haemorrhage in December 2009.

"I cannot really identify a time when it [the decision] happened," said the former Ajax and Juventus player. "Let's just say that it was playing on my mind from the moment Annemarie had her stroke.

"She has fought back from it. We decided on another year in England and thus to stay at Manchester United.

"But, once engaged in the season, the thought of saying goodbye started to gnaw a bit more emphatically."

Van der Sar admitted it had been a difficult decision to make, but ultimately the correct one.

"One minute you're out. The next, you question it again," he added on www.sport-promotion.nl. "I thought about stopping, maybe a year ago.

"It is a difficult process. After a defeat, I thought differently than after playing a few good games in a row.

"My age played no role. I am 40 years old but I still feel fit.

"And then the decision came suddenly. Do not ask me how or why, but suddenly you know. That was sufficient.

"The time has come to devote greater attention to my family - although they have never complained. Everyone in the family has indeed always had to focus on me, but we have also had a lot in return."

[x]

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway will offer to resign after the club were fined for fielding a weakened team, but chairman Karl Oyston will fight to keep him.

Holloway made 10 changes for a trip to Aston Villa in November and threatened to quit if the club were punished.

"He will be getting my resignation as that is how strongly I feel," Holloway told the Blackpool Gazette. "It's up to him whether he chooses to take it."

"I absolutely would not accept his resignation," Oyston responded.

"I would fight to the death to keep him in his post. He has done fantastically well and deserves to manage at this level for ever.

The chairman won't accept it. He'll be mad if he does.

The question must surely be, would they have been fined if they had won? The other question that you could also ask, would Manchester United be fined if they field their second team against one of the weaker teams! For example a week before a really big champions league match?

luis suarez is ours :devil: time to get our scoring back...

Great statement of intent by your new owners, that is if Torres is staying.

Not as impressed by the transfer itself though. Players who dominated the Dutch league tend flop at their next club.

Great statement of intent by your new owners, that is if Torres is staying.

Not as impressed by the transfer itself though. Players who dominated the Dutch league tend flop at their next club.

Torres stays.. his transfer request is rejected..

abt Dutch league players not cutting it in the EPL.. yes they do.. Arsenal has signed many great players from that league..

Dennis Bergkamp.. we got him from Inter where he was struggling for 2 years but before that he dominated the Dutch league and then was a legend at Arsenal..

RvP.. Amazing striker when fit

Vermaelen.. The rock

Overmars.. No explanation needed

Liverpool already have Dirk Kuyt who has been great for them?

van der Wiel/Vertonghen can be superb in any league..

Sneijder/van der Vaart were/are doing great after playing in the Dutch league..

Plus I can guarantee you if he was playing in Spain, Liverpool would have to pay £35M+ for him..

abt Dutch league players not cutting it in the EPL.. yes they do.. Arsenal has signed many great players from that league..

Dennis Bergkamp.. we got him from Inter where he was struggling for 2 years but before that he dominated the Dutch league and then was a legend at Arsenal..

Vermaelen.. The rock

Plus I can guarantee you if he was playing in Spain, Liverpool would have to pay ?35M+ for him..

Good examples. Bergkamp is a legend.

I've been half-following Vertonghen. I wonder if he'd be a good fit at Arsenal.

I actually meant goalscorers, if you look past ancient examples like Bergkamp most have been underwhelming. Kuyt was Eredivisie's top scorer, look at his scoring rate since he joined Liverpool and before you mention that he's mostly been some kind of defensive winger (?) Rafa tried playing him upfront but it was a disaster. Need I mention Huntelaar or our very own flop Kezman who was top scorer for 3(!) seasons before joining Chelsea? Even a headless chicken like Salomon Kalou scored for fun there.

They weren't exactly successful at Real.

Vermaelen.. The rock

Plus I can guarantee you if he was playing in Spain, Liverpool would have to pay ?35M+ for him..

all those players are dutch though? he's south american

all those players are dutch though? he's south american

it's not about nationality, it's about playing in holland and coming to the epl and how well they did