97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

Well I have to go to work, but for the last 5 hours I have been playing SC2 on Campaign. No problems and runs smoothly. Did anyone try the secondary game in SC2? Its awesome. If you don't know what I am talking about, go to the Bar on the starship and click on the Arcade machine!

Of course! It's called Lost Viking and it was made using the map editor. :)

Damn it, I can't log into the game!

I'm getting "This battle.net account does not include an associated copy of starcraft" error :angry: :devil:

Can we zoom out a little bit?

It feels really claustrophobic.

The zoom levels are variable depending on your screen resolution, they did this so that people with varying screen resolutions could all see the same amount of the battlefield this not letting people feel they are being cheated for having a smaller screen.

The zoom levels are variable depending on your screen resolution, they did this so that people with varying screen resolutions could all see the same amount of the battlefield this not letting people feel they are being cheated for having a smaller screen.

That's a crap decision. A really truly terrible decision.

That's like only releasing movies in SD because not everyone can afford HDTV.

That's a crap decision. A really truly terrible decision.

That's like only releasing movies in SD because not everyone can afford HDTV.

Not necessarily. Remember, StarCraft II isn't a tactical RTS game like Supreme Commander. It's more like a complex chess game with micro- and macro-management. The former referring to units and the latter referring to resources. Since the game is largely determined by the player that can micro/macro the best, it only makes sense that they level the playing field (in terms of viewing area). If someone with a larger screen can see a larger area, that person has a distinct advantage over someone with a smaller screen. That simply isn't fair when dancing your units around could mean a win or loss.

But unexplored areas are black - how can being able to see more blackness be an advantage?

Are they gonna limit APM because I have slightly slower fingers? :/

But unexplored areas are black - how can being able to see more blackness be an advantage?

They Obviously refer to area where you have current units & structures. You don't(rather can't) have your whole base in a 10 foot square area (not at scale of course). When someone can see at a 20 foot radius VS someone who can see 25, yes it's a huge difference and can easily be the difference between winning and losing.

Its sad to see that some people are trolling this game on amazon reviews when they havent even played it.. Most of the complaints are about only having the terran campaign (but they dont know how good it is or weither it is worth it) or even saying that you always need a connection to play (when you can play as a guest in offline mode).

Are they gonna limit APM because I have slightly slower fingers? :/

In that case, you won't get an advantage unless you play as Terran. They can build sensor towers that detect enemy units hidden within the fog of war. Back to my earlier post though, I was talking about an ideal case where the fog of war is revealed (e.g. enemy units running by friendly units/structures).

The extra vision field would be an advantage in any case. You could, for example, monitor and micro 2 entry points to your base instead of one at a time negating the advantage of attacking from 2 flanks.

By the way, I completely forgot... post your character names and codes. I'll try my best to update the OP. If I miss your name then send me a message. :)

Here's mine: Anaron - 758.

By the way, I completely forgot... post your character names and codes. I'll try my best to update the OP. If I miss your name then send me a message. :)

Here's mine: Anaron - 758.

Where do you see your code? I haven't noticed it yet.

Ah, I found it.. not that anyone wants to play with a noob (me) but mine is: Fellyn - 773.

:laugh:

Its sad to see that some people are trolling this game on amazon reviews when they havent even played it.. Most of the complaints are about only having the terran campaign (but they dont know how good it is or weither it is worth it) or even saying that you always need a connection to play (when you can play as a guest in offline mode).

Very true, but Amazon reviews isn't really the ideal place (for me) for reviews on games. Trolls will always be around. I still agree, though. ;)

Does it require a DVD to play a game? Just curious because my main DVD drive is broken, so I have to install Starcraft 2 on my second DVD drive (extremely slow ._.) and my second DVD drive tends to cause scratches

Does it require a DVD to play a game? Just curious because my main DVD drive is broken, so I have to install Starcraft 2 on my second DVD drive (extremely slow ._.) and my second DVD drive tends to cause scratches

No, it fully installs to your hard drive (about 12GB). You can also download it if you enter your key on the battle.net website if you do have a physical copy and download it there.

no it doesnt require a dvd to play , or install , when you add the serial key to your account you can download a digital copy of it to install.

You can play it without the DVD. It's only used to install the game. My DVD drive broke too so I had to download the digital version via the Blizzard Downloader. All you have to do is add the key for StarCraft II to your Battle.net account. (Y)

Pre-installed it last night, just bought it right now. Have no time to play tonight though, can't wait to get to it the next day :)

My character's name is LOC and my code/number is 184 :)

Remember though, for now this is just a trial/7 hour account for me sadly. I have to wait until next week before I can buy it (if I buy it that is).

Your code number?

My chars name is bman.

Hover your cursor over your name on Battle.net. You should see a 3 digit number. (Y)