97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

My DVD drive isn't reading the disc. I just tested Call of Duty 4 and it isn't reading that either. I've waited all this time to get stopped by a malfunctioning DVD drive. :cry:

My DVD drive isn't reading the disc. I just tested Call of Duty 4 and it isn't reading that either. I've waited all this time to get stopped by a malfunctioning DVD drive. :cry:

try inserting your key into battle.net and see if it will let you download an installer

Anyone know where the Blizzard downloader puts the torrent file that it uses to download the game? I don't need my download drowned out by my upload, especially with my uber speed upgrade recently - and the billions of people who will be downloading off me :D

You have never seen the "What's your game?" WoW adverts?

I'm excited about getting this! I'm tempted to try and get it at midnight, but I won't be able to play tomorrow until the evening...

How is the digital download DRM going to work? Does anyone know?

Sorry, I should say non-MMO computer games. I don't classify MMO in there because they have a much more viable revenue model in the computer market.

Anyone know where the Blizzard downloader puts the torrent file that it uses to download the game? I don't need my download drowned out by my upload, especially with my uber speed upgrade recently - and the billions of people who will be downloading off me :D

You need an extractor for the torrent file.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blizzard_Downloader

Check at the bottom.

You need an extractor for the torrent file.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blizzard_Downloader

Check at the bottom.

Ah, thanks for the link.

Figured it'd just be a simple matter of the torrent being in a folder, but I guess Blizzard doesn't like that idea :|

*Edit*

Doesn't seem to work with the SC2 downloader, at least not that I can see. Bummer.

try inserting your key into battle.net and see if it will let you download an installer

I'm already downloading the game from here. You don't need a key to download it.

Disable peer-to-peer transfer in the Blizzard Downloader preferences. I'm getting much better speeds (1.1 MB/s vs. 10-200 KB/s). Plus, I'm not uploading anything at all. As for where the game is saved, that's up to you. It asks you where to save it before you start the download.

Gotta love last minute problems. Funny thing is, my DVD Drive has been shot for the last 3 years lol. **** me if tomorrow I pop my dvd in and it doesnt work.

Its shot, because I chose Lite On for my DVD Drive. Big mistake. first 6 months i used it and made copies of linux distros, windows etc etc etc, motor went out. Now it whines anytime, and especially with a disc in. Hits full speeds and whines bad. Ive already had to pull it out once because it broke one of my discs.

Oh well, we will see tomorrow.

Btw, **** YOU ALL WHO HAVE THE POSTER AND THE GAME! ALL OF YOU!

I get no poster or ****!

Oh well, i get collectors, hopefully that in itself is awesome :)

Just 2... more... hours....

2vb0igj.png

Oh god. 7 gigs. Just to think, beta was 2 lol.

i feel bad for you anaron. Hopefully disc installs for me.

Btw, go get a new dvd drive :p

I'm already downloading the game from here. You don't need a key to download it.

Disable peer-to-peer transfer in the Blizzard Downloader preferences. I'm getting much better speeds (1.1 MB/s vs. 10-200 KB/s). Plus, I'm not uploading anything at all. As for where the game is saved, that's up to you. It asks you where to save it before you start the download.

Actually I get better speeds with P2P enabled. It's just the upload kicks my HDD's butt for some reason, and while it's not really lagging me out in anything, I'd rather not be uploading at 1.2 mb/sec :|

Just 2... more... hours....

2vb0igj.png

Yeah I got about 2 hours left also, not to bad I suppose. I can wait.

Plus, this is only a 7 HOUR trial for starters. My friend bought it at midnight and popped on Steam and gave me 2 keys for 2 7 hour trials (if it's like WoW you can use both on the same battle.net account - hopefully). Not sure if this is all worth it for 7 hours of playtime heh.

Actually I get better speeds with P2P enabled. It's just the upload kicks my HDD's butt for some reason, and while it's not really lagging me out in anything, I'd rather not be uploading at 1.2 mb/sec :|

Yeah I got about 2 hours left also, not to bad I suppose. I can wait.

Plus, this is only a 7 HOUR trial for starters. My friend bought it at midnight and popped on Steam and gave me 2 keys for 2 7 hour trials (if it's like WoW you can use both on the same battle.net account - hopefully). Not sure if this is all worth it for 7 hours of playtime heh.

What in the... what connection do you have? Seriously, 1.2 MB/s for uploading is damn near insane. :|

Oh god. 7 gigs. Just to think, beta was 2 lol.

i feel bad for you anaron. Hopefully disc installs for me.

Btw, go get a new dvd drive :p

The actual installation takes up about 12 GB, I think. As for me, I'm having way too much bad luck. I didn't get the CE, I didn't get any swag, and my damn DVD drive isn't working properly. I just hope my Internet connection doesn't die on me while the download is running.

Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep. Hopefully the game will be fully downloaded by the time I wake up.

What in the... what connection do you have? Seriously, 1.2 MB/s for uploading is damn near insane. :|

The actual installation takes up about 12 GB, I think. As for me, I'm having way too much bad luck. I didn't get the CE, I didn't get any swag, and my damn DVD drive isn't working properly. I just hope my Internet connection doesn't die on me while the download is running.

Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep. Hopefully the game will be fully downloaded by the time I wake up.

I offered to get you a ce... :whistles:

Oh well, TIME FOR 8AM, IM GOING TO BED.

goodnight peoples!

I'm on the Comcast 50/10 tier now.

60 euros for the digital version? **** you!

It's called "Activision Pricing Model".

It's also the recommended price on the boxed version, but I'd guess distributors get huge rebates when buying so the store prices are a lot lower. The boxed version does cost ?60 on Blizzard's Store though.

I am so ready... did anyone notice my new Avatar and Sig? ;)

Who cares about sigs and avatars?

A lot of people don't even bother reading what's posted, let alone those!

Have a friend who is going nuts waiting for this game!! :blink:

I just realised I never owned the first Starcraft.. wonder how much that is

Starcraft + Broodwar expansion in one pack is about $13 here in a store.

I just realised I never owned the first Starcraft.. wonder how much that is

Depends on where you live. If you're in the US amazon has the SC1 battle chest for $9.99.