97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

Gotta love last minute problems. Funny thing is, my DVD Drive has been shot for the last 3 years lol. **** me if tomorrow I pop my dvd in and it doesnt work.

Its shot, because I chose Lite On for my DVD Drive. Big mistake. first 6 months i used it and made copies of linux distros, windows etc etc etc, motor went out. Now it whines anytime, and especially with a disc in. Hits full speeds and whines bad. Ive already had to pull it out once because it broke one of my discs.

Oh well, we will see tomorrow.

Btw, **** YOU ALL WHO HAVE THE POSTER AND THE GAME! ALL OF YOU!

I get no poster or ****!

Oh well, i get collectors, hopefully that in itself is awesome :)

lol. I got a hat too.. did you see? :laugh:

Who cares about sigs and avatars?

A lot of people don't even bother reading what's posted, let alone those!

Have a friend who is going nuts waiting for this game!! :blink:

thanks for being late to the game lol I've had it for a while now.

360 games are cheaper than that. ;/

They are? In some shops here MW2 is still ?44.99 on 360, and most releases I've seen on consoles have been ?40. Well, ?39.99 in some cases. But ?40 for a PC game is uncommon. :o

The actual installation takes up about 12 GB, I think. As for me, I'm having way too much bad luck. I didn't get the CE, I didn't get any swag, and my damn DVD drive isn't working properly. I just hope my Internet connection doesn't die on me while the download is running.

Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep. Hopefully the game will be fully downloaded by the time I wake up.

Don't feel too bad Anaron, a lot of other people didn't get swag. I had to line up like 3-4 hours before the store re-opened again. Even when I got there I was like around the 20th-25th person.

Went to a GameStop and picked it up last night. Luckily there were maybe 10 people there total so I was in and out pretty quick even as close to midnight as I got there. Started playing the single player missions last night. They look awesome so far graphics wise.

beh... downloaded the install file a week ago, installed the game last night and it took forever, patched, and now i just have to wait for the digital store to let me buy the key ... when i get off work :pinch:

I'm currently sitting in work with my copy of SC2: CE sitting beside me, and the wait is agornising.

AStaley.

I'm confused.

I have a battle.net account with my cd-key linked but I can't post on the Starcraft II forums. It says I'm not allowed. I logged out and to login it prompts me for my account/password/cd-key - it doesn't accept anything I cvhoose.

WTf am I doing wrong?

WastedJoker, Try checking out your location. I had the same problem with WoW and it turned out I was on US forums while I had a UK game.

Game doesn't recognise my graphics card :/

Don't worry, that just means you have to set the graphics settings manually.

gone through some missions so far.. it's awesome! :D

It's awesome indeed! The story is amazing.

Goddammit, cut the crap with the awesomeness stuff... You're making me jealous. :laugh: I cannot get the game at least till the end of August (currently in the process of searching for a place to stay (because of university), so can't really spend ~50 euros, might need them for something :))

Agreed and enjoyed wasting time playing the Lost Vikings mini game :D And my local game shop does not have the SC2 T shirts so I have to pick them up tomorrow.

Indeed! The game was an impulse buy for me as I went out to get a memory card for my phone, but I came home with the game. Here are the positives and negatives for me so far:

Positives

• I was in the beta and to be honest I wasn't really impressed with the graphics, I thought on my notebook the backgrounds, surroundings and so on was a little bit bland. I'm happy that it looks much better, and the cutscenes are very nicely laid out.
  • The installation was interesting, in that you listen to a commentary of the history of StarCraft to where it is now, which I find is a nice touch. It refresh my memory a bit.
  • I like that some of the upgrades have to be earned by credits, and that some of the research choices in your laboratory requires some thinking in terms of choosing which is best according to your game strategy and skills.
  • I generally like the four waiting areas, and how you can interact with some of the items and people in the environment. The news network is quite entertaining and that Hellfire clone game in the Cantina is addictive :laugh: !
  • Mercenaries is a no brainer (WarCraft III had it) and so far it looks alright though I haven't gotten far to find out the other classes.
  • It's like slipping into an old pair of slippers because even though the graphics look new and some of the units are different, it still feels like StarCraft for me, especially the Zerg when you meet a whole horde of it!
  • Kerrigan's photo. Damn was she a looker with that red hair :woot: !

Negatives

• The new Battle.net system and how it handles achievements. So far on every mission I've completed, it has only manage to register one achievement due to me logging in and out of my account during my playthrough. I hope they solve this issue (even though I'm going to play through again on hard).
  • The need for an always on internet connection. I don't know but I don't quite like this, not to mention the fact it took the game ages to start because it was searching for a patch that didn't seem to exist.
  • No pictures of Kerrigan in a swim suit :p .

I haven't tried multiplayer yet (and not likely until I finish single player) but so far I've been pleasantly surprise. Hopefully, the story gets better as I go further.

Scirwode

I got my CE at 8am this morning and I was ****ing EXCITED. They(coworkers) made me open itand let me tell you BEST ****ING COLLECTORS in a LONG TIME for PC. Also most epic!

Now tonight @ 10pm I will be playing till 3am. What should I do first guys? Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

Also we should make a list like we did for bfbc2(for website of list) and add all of our emails on there. Add me guys Sikh4Life[@]gmail.com.

I EXPECT AN INVITE FROM YOU ANARON AND RAZOR!! and anyone else. I am loosing my life to this game till reach.

I got my CE at 8am this morning and I was ****ing EXCITED. They(coworkers) made me open itand let me tell you BEST ****ING COLLECTORS in a LONG TIME for PC. Also most epic!

Now tonight @ 10pm I will be playing till 3am. What should I do first guys? Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

Also we should make a list like we did for bfbc2(for website of list) and add all of our emails on there. Add me guys Sikh4Life[@]gmail.com.

I EXPECT AN INVITE FROM YOU ANARON AND RAZOR!! and anyone else. I am loosing my life to this game till reach.

Single player :p .

Scirwode

Thank goodness nobody said Infested Kerrigan was hot. I found this.. amazing detail though.

kerrigan.jpg

and Yup I'll add you Sikh

Thank goodness nobody said Infested Kerrigan was hot. I found this.. amazing detail though.

<...>

and Yup I'll add you Sikh

How on earth is THAT hot? :wacko:

amazon shipped my copy today but i used the free shipping so it wont be here maybe until next week :(

oh well, the 1st couple days of releases the servers will be overloaded and frustrated. so it is better to wait a little. :)

Well I have to go to work, but for the last 5 hours I have been playing SC2 on Campaign. No problems and runs smoothly. Did anyone try the secondary game in SC2? Its awesome. If you don't know what I am talking about, go to the Bar on the starship and click on the Arcade machine!

amazon shipped my copy today but i used the free shipping so it wont be here maybe until next week :(

oh well, the 1st couple days of releases the servers will be overloaded and frustrated. so it is better to wait a little. :)

servers for me have been smooth no problems so far playing any games online.