97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

SC2 is graphically a joke imo that has nothing to write home about on the graphics front. People suggesting you need a high end system to run this are deluding themselves.

That being said, the game is a great example for gameplay over graphics, as thats what ill be buying it for. Campaign too, dont much care for MP.

Does anyone know what is included in the box of the standard edition?

Starcraft 1 included the manual which had a lot of awesome backstory to read... I'm thinking about buying the digital edition since here in Mexico they'll only sell the Spanish version and the English one probably has waaaay better voice acting.

The Starcraft BattleChest edition included the manuals for both SC and BW, both Strategy Guides, and the complete set of *cheat codes* for single-player, in addition to guides for using the Map Editor. (What was hilarious is that Babbage's (the predecessor to GameStop) had the BattleChest for less than Starcraft alone.)

Wow. Fail video, way to NOT show the flash drive(one of the things i REALLY wanted to see), how old is that damn computer? or just the monitor is it? Jesus.

Got enough Icons buddy? Dude looks like a pure game junkie. Really. Its sad when I go to yearly LAN's and the people with a computer usually like him do nothing but play WoW, LoL, whatever. Its sad really.

But even for video purposes, he still ****ed up. All he showed us was, even thou he has the final version, Blizzard is still smarter. Where most companies breaking street date only meant you broke street date, you could play earlier then anyone.

This game, nope haha.

Also comments areNT directed towards you razor, its the guy in the video. Wow....

Wow. Fail video, way to NOT show the flash drive(one of the things i REALLY wanted to see), how old is that damn computer? or just the monitor is it? Jesus.

Got enough Icons buddy? Dude looks like a pure game junkie. Really. Its sad when I go to yearly LAN's and the people with a computer usually like him do nothing but play WoW, LoL, whatever. Its sad really.

But even for video purposes, he still ****ed up. All he showed us was, even thou he has the final version, Blizzard is still smarter. Where most companies breaking street date only meant you broke street date, you could play earlier then anyone.

This game, nope haha.

Also comments are directed towards you razor, its the guy in the video. Wow....

you mean.. comments are not directed towards me right? :laugh: It's ok.. just imagine it's all that and the flash drive.

SC2 is graphically a joke imo that has nothing to write home about on the graphics front. People suggesting you need a high end system to run this are deluding themselves.

That being said, the game is a great example for gameplay over graphics, as thats what ill be buying it for. Campaign too, dont much care for MP.

+1

I pointed that out during the beta (in fact, I called it the most hardware-friendly AA title for PC in several years).

The Ultra detail level bar is surprisingly low hardware-wise; I would wager that not only most $750USD-$1000USD desktops can get there, so can most laptops in the same price range. (The only other RTS titles of which that can be said are C&C 3 [not RA3] or the Sins of a Solar Empire trilogy.)

That said, SC2 is a lot more fun than even Sins of a Solar Empire or C&C 3.

you mean.. comments are not directed towards me right? :laugh: It's ok.. just imagine it's all that and the flash drive.

Yes, sorry man. So caught up in the awful video and waste of 4 minutes of my life lol. I was SO EXCITED.

Just a simple question: would my Macbook Pro with nVidia 9400M graphics card be able to run Starcraft II?

Yes it will. Very well thou. Half medium and half low @ 1024*768.

My buddy has a Macbook pro 15" with a 9400M and it ran fine when I got him the beta. I played on it, still looked good.

Im use to ultra high, but the smoothness and etc of starcraft was still there. Just 3v3 or 4v4 games dogged the system.

@Others: I failed to realize there was already unboxing videos.

TIME TO GO WATCH!

EDIT: Watched the video in your post Razor, OMFG ITS RETRACTABLE. I want 2 now! **** me, i hope i get another collectors.

@Sikh: thanks bro. Just wondering if I needed to get the game because my desktop is down and the Mac Pro 13" is all I got for now

No problem. Youll be fine. He's been playing TF2 and CSS on there and it runs nicely. I said hell, get him into Starcraft and he loves starcraft now. He's been a RTS player. Played AOE and Civ, got him into SC just to see how it runs on his mac, he decided to keep it XD lol.

But, you should be good till you get your desktop back. The games worth playing @ full quality, god i love it.

Did anybody run the beta on an i5 MBP? How did it perform?

You'll be good with medium-high settings. I tested it in Windows only though. Not sure how the OS X version runs.

Yes, sorry man. So caught up in the awful video and waste of 4 minutes of my life lol. I was SO EXCITED.

Yes it will. Very well thou. Half medium and half low @ 1024*768.

My buddy has a Macbook pro 15" with a 9400M and it ran fine when I got him the beta. I played on it, still looked good.

Im use to ultra high, but the smoothness and etc of starcraft was still there. Just 3v3 or 4v4 games dogged the system.

@Others: I failed to realize there was already unboxing videos.

TIME TO GO WATCH!

EDIT: Watched the video in your post Razor, OMFG ITS RETRACTABLE. I want 2 now! **** me, i hope i get another collectors.

lol when you get another one, keep everything else and send me the art book and the behind the scenes DVD:).

I'd hate to spoil myself. I've waited over 10 years for this game and I don't want to ruin that by watching a YouTube video of someone unboxing the Collector's Edition. :p

or this

That's a sweet unboxing video. That retractable box looks cool as hell, and the art book just wipes the floor with every other art book I've seen in a video game. Big, hardcover, and lots of pages. Can't argue with that.

And since we're talking about Macs, I ran the beta on my Macbook Pro with 2.8 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo), 4 GB or RAM, and a NVIDIA 9600M GT and it ran like butter. Keep in mind that this was in Windows 7 though (Boot Camp). When Future Shop sends me my game (hopefully soon...) I'm going to install it in OS X. We'll see how big of a performance drop I get.

I'd hate to spoil myself. I've waited over 10 years for this game and I don't want to ruin that by watching a YouTube video of someone unboxing the Collector's Edition. :p

well it doesn't really spoil anything really. You already know what's inside. Or else you wouldn't have ordered the CE (if you did).

well it doesn't really spoil anything really. You already know what's inside. Or else you wouldn't have ordered the CE (if you did).

imho some times you want the thrill of seeing the stuff for the first time and getitng a feel for all of it seeing it with your own eyes that sorta of thing.

Well said indeed. To me, unboxing the Collector's Edition is comparable to unclothing an attractive woman.

(Just kidding)

Well said indeed. To me, unboxing the Collector's Edition is comparable to unclothing an attractive woman.

(Just kidding)

:rofl:

Thats #1 comment of the thread :D