Show us your workstations!

My lil workstation is currently stuck up the corner of the living room, whilst everything is being re-organised / re-decorated, but either way here it is:

dscf0905n.jpg

Hopefully, by the time the next thread is created, it'll be back to normal :)

sweet adblock.

sweet adblock.

If it helps - I did (once I figured out how) Whitelist Neowin. Didn't actually realise it was blocking anything to be honest, until I noticed someone bring it up in that "Strongbow Fun" thread.

since ads are a pretty big source of malware these days, ad block is a must. the fact that even iirc the new york times(?) website ads got hacked to propagate malware tells me that even on sites you trust you need to use adblock.

since ads are a pretty big source of malware these days, ad block is a must. the fact that even iirc the new york times(?) website ads got hacked to propagate malware tells me that even on sites you trust you need to use adblock.

Personally I have no problem whitelisting "reputable" sites - the problem from my own pov, as shown in that pic, is that I tend to forget todo it

post-50796-12825067015146.jpg

I have, however, had multiple virus warnings from another forum / site I wrote & submitted news for, that contained advertising that was pushing exploititive code. I guess, however, it's either a case of blocking all Ads, Whitelisting certain sites (or, more to the point, remembering to whitelist 'em), or Purchasing Subscriptions, something I've done on other sites, but have been reluctant todo on some of 'em.

purchasing subs is probably the most socially conscious way to go about it, but there is no such thing as a trusted site or ad service these days. like i said, the new york times ads got hacked. you'd assume that would be a trustable site don't you think?

although imho some of these ads these days that obnoxiously pull down on mouse over or play music on load they deserve to be blocked. when ads on the net start playing nice with me and my fellow end users, i'll start playing nice with ads.

purchasing subs is probably the most socially conscious way to go about it, but there is no such thing as a trusted site or ad service these days. like i said, the new york times ads got hacked. you'd assume that would be a trustable site don't you think?

although imho some of these ads these days that obnoxiously pull down on mouse over or play music on load they deserve to be blocked. when ads on the net start playing nice with me and my fellow end users, i'll start playing nice with ads.

You certainly would - no question from me on that. As for the Annoying ads you mentioned - Yeah, I gotta say, even though it's not "ethical", any site that I whitelisted, that had those kinda Ads, would be blocked. I'd either stick to viewing the site without Ads, or - if I liked the site / community, purchase a subscription.

Which mouse is this, and do you like it?

It is a Performance Mouse MX, and while it is great all around, the sensor is fantastic since you can track perfectly on glass, it has one big fall down for anyone that used an MX Revolution. The scroll wheel doesn't autoswitch between freeflow and clicking, it is a physical button. It drives me mad on a daily basis and I can't find a new MX Revolution to replace this with.

Which mouse is this, and do you like it?

It is a Performance Mouse MX, and while it is great all around, the sensor is fantastic since you can track perfectly on glass, it has one big fall down for anyone that used an MX Revolution. The scroll wheel doesn't autoswitch between freeflow and clicking, it is a physical button. It drives me mad on a daily basis and I can't find a new MX Revolution to replace this with.

I feel your pain... My MX revolution is getting old. The wheel started having problems scrolling downwards so I had to open up the mouse and have a look at it, turned out it had collected quite some dust down there, while cleaning it out though the two small cables that provided power to the small engine that enables switching to freeflow mode got disconnected and there were just no way for me to reconnect it, I did a small tweak so now I have freeflow but no way of switching to normal without opening the mouse... and there is no way to get a next MX revolution since the Performance MX have replaced it :(

Here's mine, click through for photo notes.

4894195588_fdf3c70253.jpg

Is your computer case located beneath the drawer? Because I have a desk similar to yours and it gives me headaches everytime I have to work on backside of the case to plug in cables and stuff like that; It's really troublesome, there's no room to reach it nor a view point to the sockets on back of the case.I have to take the whole case out the desk and unplug all the devices to get the job done. :|

Is your computer case located beneath the drawer? Because I have a desk similar to yours and it gives me headaches everytime I have to work on backside of the case to plug in cables and stuff like that; It's really troublesome, there's no room to reach it nor a view point to the sockets on back of the case.I have to take the whole case out the desk and unplug all the devices to get the job done. :|

I don't actually have the tower PC anymore (Hence the laptop up top). It was frustrating to pull it out when I needed to but not a big deal because I rarely did that.