[Official] F1 2010

I'm utter **** at Monte Carlo :laugh:

First had to turn damage off, as I kept loosing front wing.

Finally got used to it in the dry, then for race day it's wet :pinch:

Guess I should start using flashbacks.

my melbourne sector times are really poor :(

1st sector- 34secs :( ; P1 AI - 31 sec

2nd- 36 sec. ; P1 AI - in 30's

3rd - forgot :p

AI @ Amateur level.

Brake BIAS = 52% - 48%

Tyre= no sim, fuel=sim, ABS=full, Brake Assist=OFF

with tyre sim=ON, i keep overshooting my brake points, even after 3 laps. does tyre sim (tyre heating) really work in this game? :D

can anyone share their setup :D

Engineer keeps saying to copy Sutil's setup, but noob doesnt tells me how :angry: :p

Practice 1 to P3 + Qualy = no rain, but Raceday as 47% chance of rain.

so will their be rain? :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------

my dislikes so far -

1. dull HUD, wit minimum info
  2. NO brake BIAS setting on the fly :pinch:
  3. no engine maps
  4. slight input delay :angry:
  5. poor radio chatters, f1 ce had better, where the engineer will tell whether you're quick or not in sectors...

1. very well scaled game (Y)
  2. okay balanced sim(25%)- arcade(75%) :D
  3. more to come

^ ignore what the AI is doing, it's horrendously buggy. Started a race in Australia, AI was doing solid 1'32s lap after lap, they pit and suddenly dropped to 1'36s. I later spun (no one near me) and got a drive through for unsporting behaviour :pinch: so restarted the race and the AI was doing 1'36 / 1'37s again so no idea why they were all a lot quicker first time around.

Seeing as there isn't a topic for time trial times, I shall throw a 1'13.572 into the hat for monaco

Does anyone know how to speed up the pitstops? I always get the speed right; I'm cruising through right on the limiter, but then they take bloody ages to let me out because there's a car about 100 metres away! Then after that, several other cars come barrelling past me, and that's 10 seconds wasted. :angry:

Just got my Driving Force Gt wheel :scared:

It's like Mr Magoo is at the wheel! I suppose it will take some getting used to but if anyone has any wheel settings they wanna share, I'd be happy :p

Seeing as there isn't a topic for time trial times, I shall throw a 1'13.572 into the hat for monaco

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/940684-f1-2010-neowin-leaderboard-ids/

Does anyone know how to speed up the pitstops? I always get the speed right; I'm cruising through right on the limiter, but then they take bloody ages to let me out because there's a car about 100 metres away! Then after that, several other cars come barrelling past me, and that's 10 seconds wasted. :angry:

This is a known bug which they will hopefully fix in an upcoming patch. But in the mean time it's easy to avoid it, just pit a lap or 2 earlier or later than usual so that you're the only one in the pit lane.

i was in doubt, whether it WAS you or someone else with your user name :D

didnt know you were "FUEL forum moderator" :o

aye been a mod for that for a while now (just over 10 months i think give or take), shame the game died though as i really enjoyed it

aye been a mod for that for a while now (just over 10 months i think give or take), shame the game died though as i really enjoyed it

I completely forgot about FUEL. I bought it in the Codemasters Pack on Steam, and I still haven't played it! :p We should get a few games together online sometime. I've nearly finished my first season in F1 2010, so I'm playing a bit less and less to finish off some other games (properly started on the Borderlands DLC last night).

Don't pit when the AI pits. It's a bug that should be fixed in a TU.

Don't pit when the AI pits. It's a bug that should be fixed in a TU.

The semi-official advice has been to amend your pit strategy by moving your planned pit to + or - 1 lap.

It's due to be patched, I believe.

Oh and here's my setup - so narrow and cramped. just like the real thing :p

f1.jpg

Been reading up on the "Fake AI' thing over at the Codemasters forums and I am surprised they even let this be in the final game. It is so stupid! Earlier, I was at least half the lap ahead when I finished the race, it said Webber was only 3 seconds behind! Its sad because I doubt even a patch will fix this! :(

Apart from this, it is a great game, just a shame the AI is just for show.

no single timing problem here..

whenever the AI tells me that somebody is X seconds behind me its always accurate.

and one person was complaining that the mirrors refreshrate is very low. Try Increasing the reflection setting.

Well, I just finished my first season. Seeing as I was with Lotus, I think it went pretty well, as I scored 52 points and picked up two GP wins (Canada, and Abu Dhabi). :)

My end of season reward? Go sign with either HRT or Virgin! :angry:

lolx :p i started my second season with Red Bull replacing Webber.. :p

the car is too fast..

big difference..

its far easier to win now.

i am always half a lap ahead at the end of the race.

except for Hamilton. He is sometimes right on my back!

Been reading up on the "Fake AI' thing over at the Codemasters forums and I am surprised they even let this be in the final game. It is so stupid! Earlier, I was at least half the lap ahead when I finished the race, it said Webber was only 3 seconds behind! Its sad because I doubt even a patch will fix this! :(

Apart from this, it is a great game, just a shame the AI is just for show.

same happens with me.

AI is like 10-15seconds off (not visible), but engineer says AI is 3 sec behind.

GTR2 has better AI than this. in gtr2, AI slow down once you open a 5-6sec gap, but are very unforgiving, if they overtake you, its tough to get past them.

Finally got my wheel settings to where I'm comfortable.

Adjusted ff to 50% and steering saturation to 60% - this means I am not getting my wheel yanked all over the place and turning the wheel is more realistic to what F1 drivers can do in reality.

Of couse, it's hard switching from joystick to wheel because in your joystick you just have to let go to straighten up but with your wheel you gotta turn it back to a straight line :p

Oh dear they really need to patch this game up and quick, got 3 punctures at melbourne for no reason whatsoever.

Yeah, that is also another major issue. Seen some clips on youtube where people get punctures straight off at the start or immediately leaving the pits etc.