[Official] F1 2010

The little chicane at the end of Catalunya :angry:

I've got racing line assist on my first season but it's not that good - it has you breaking a bit too early and the angle to the apex of each corner is a little shallow, imo.

the racing line is slow..

i mean if u break a little later than the racing line tells u to u can make a faster lap with less risk.

i noticed that right away. I don't like the fact it disappears either and if you aren't on the line before it gonna show up you are going to completely miss it.

also forget how nice the graphics are, i can play this game all day just to hear the engine noises of all the cars :wub:

also i wanted to join Force India at the start and it wouldn't let me :(

So, I was on my very first lap and decided to see how FRAPS faired as it tends to kill my frame-rate in most games. Surprisingly, it ran completely smooth even at 1080p.

Mind you, it was my first lap on a track I've never seen, so my eyes were on the mini-map 70% of the time :laugh: I was also getting to grips with the handling, throttle / break response and the forgiveness of the car ... Okay enough excuses :rofl:

This is running at all settings maxed out on High / Ultra

I've been playing a custom difficulty (TC on, ABS on, brake/line assists off, tyre/fuel sims on, AI amateur) and am so far having a blast with it using a Dualshock 3 (probably get out my wheel at the weekend). The ability to up the difficulty later on without restarting the whole career is good though. Means I can easily adjust it as I get more used to the game. (Y)

Expected to get regular points finishes in a Lotus on these settings, but it isn't quite as easy as I thought it would. One of the bumpy bits of the new (awful) infield at Bahrain repeatedly caught me out and sent me spinning in practice and qualifying, but eventually got 3rd. Had a good, first corner battle with Vettel at Bahrain in the race, before my tyre punctured. :( Won Melbourne easily (one of my favourite tracks, and always go well there whatever the game), but at Malaysia I had a really good race with Button just for third. :D The AI do seem really racey and aware of your position... unlike other games, including GRID, where they almost drive like you don't exist.

The difference between cars is quite notable too, even on the easy difficulty. Been doing the career in the Lotus and finding it quite understeery until I fiddle with the setup. Then I tried the McLaren in time trial - no setup changes and it handles like a dream. Please hire me quick in the career. :cry:

The press was a nice idea but the execution is bad. It does add a little to the immersion, but it seems ultimately useless so far.

Overall impression is that it is a much better racing game than F1:CE or GTR Evo which were my two main racing games before this (the AI is pretty bad in both). This reminds me much more of GP4 than any game I've played since... and what I loved about GP4 was the wheel-to-wheel racing.

Anyone given Korea a go yet? Seems to have a nice flow to it. I particularly like the last section on to the pit straight, and the first sector with the big loooooong straights and hairpins. Managed to post a clean time trial time on just my second lap round it. :)

one more thing, this codeM game also loads (menu to race & race to menu) freaking slow on my laptop, just like dirt2 :(

it's not just you, i have the same problem on my desktop

posted that problem with dirt2 on codeM forums, but didnt get any help. :(

anyways, anyone playing Multi Player?

if so, pls let us know & also post the xlive ID to add as friends, so that its easier to play :D

The tracks do load so slow for me, you can choose amateur AI when you are at your paddock go outside and go all the way round to My F1, you can tweak damage, ai, etc..

anyways, can someone tell me how to set deadzone for xbox 360 controller?

+1

One thing I noticed, driving around tight corners, la source for example, I start turning right, full lock (360 Pad) and by the time I get to the apex it suddenly snaps right and I have to straighten up to avoid colliding with the wall. Is this because at the start of the corner the fronts are sliding and when it gets to a lower speed they grip making the turning really tight or is it a bug with the game?

+1

One thing I noticed, driving around tight corners, la source for example, I start turning right, full lock (360 Pad) and by the time I get to the apex it suddenly snaps right and I have to straighten up to avoid colliding with the wall. Is this because at the start of the corner the fronts are sliding and when it gets to a lower speed they grip making the turning really tight or is it a bug with the game?

Not tried Spa yet but this sounds more like car behaviour than a bug to me. Try increasing the rear anti-roll, rear suspension or rear downforce settings in the advanced setup (via the monitor). Any of the three should make the rear a bit more stable.

If you're braking while turning you won't be able to turn as sharply - for sharp corners I tend to brake a bit too much then coast around the sharper corner since it turns much more sharply.