[Official] F1 2010

Urgh. It looks like Steam have messed up the release here in the UK. It's showing as released on the store, but everyone is still stuck on the 'preload' screen when trying to play! It was meant to be unlocked at midnight according to CM.

Seems that people from CM are trying to address the issue with Steam, but I'm guessing they're all in bed :-/

Massive thread on it here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441618&page=47

really?? in my F1??

i didnt see any such option..

leme give it a quick look

ok..

its not there.

mayb nothing such in the PC version :s

i only get the driving controls, graphics, audio, OSD, career name option menu, exit game, live, and one more .... but i cant find the damage control or anything even close to that.

can anybody make sure its present ?

^were you talking about my post (camera...)?

if yes, then change camera view, if using xbox pad - press 'back'. :D

this cam is set over the drivers head, in air box i think.

its also called as t-cam.

Urgh. It looks like Steam have messed up the release here in the UK. It's showing as released on the store, but everyone is still stuck on the 'preload' screen when trying to play! It was meant to be unlocked at midnight according to CM.

Seems that people from CM are trying to address the issue with Steam, but I'm guessing they're all in bed :-/

Massive thread on it here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441618&page=47

Well when I pre-purchased last week and saw the "x hours until unlocked" I worked it out that it would unlock at 6pm today........but I could be wrong.

Having some tech issues >.> Blah.

http://imgftw.net/img/931195507.png

Thats what i get after the intro screens... im guessing they are meant to be the menus :s

Anyways, i might return the game and get 360 version...

do you have ATI card?

anyways try this-

Go to My Documents\ My Games\ Formula One\ Hardwaresettings

Open hardware_settings_config and find

<directx forcedx9="false" />

Change "false" to "true"

from - http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-technical-help-1343/429162-texture-corruption-menus-screens.html#post6514975

Note: if its set to true by default, then try setting it as false

Well when I pre-purchased last week and saw the "x hours until unlocked" I worked it out that it would unlock at 6pm today........but I could be wrong.

Yeah that was the case, at which point people went back to Codemasters, who subsequently talked to Steam and confirmed to the community that it would be released at midnight - the time that CM originally intended.

It just looks like a screw up at the Steam end, my bet is it'll just unlock at 6PM and there won't even be a word from them.

The thing is though, in the Store, it's listed as released, so technically you can buy it now expecting to download, and it'll still just preload.

GRR!

Any idea what the best Xbox 360 steering wheel is? And where on earth to get one...they all seem sold out :(

Best wheel for the Xbox is Microsoft's own one. Have no idea why they decided to stop making this.

Cheapest place to get it is Ebay, but you have the standard Ebay risks involved.

I've just installed the game on my computer (Windows 7 64 bit) and i keep getting the following error:

F1_2010_game.exe - System Error

The program can't start because d3dcompiler_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Anybody else got this problem / got a fix for it?

Ok mateys, will this graphics card - ATI Radeon 5670 HD 1GB GDDR5 - be enough to run F1 2010 at 1280x1024 high detail? It's ?80 at dabs.

(I have quad core and 4Gig of ram)

I've just installed the game on my computer (Windows 7 64 bit) and i keep getting the following error:

F1_2010_game.exe - System Error

The program can't start because d3dcompiler_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Anybody else got this problem / got a fix for it?

Try downloading the latest DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en ) and run that, might require a restart, might not.

Anyone fancy some good (clean) racing on the PC version here?

My LIVE gamertag is 'Mr Edwardo' - add me and I'm sure I'll be on at some point over the weekend

My complaints of the game so far are:

Seriously twitchy rear end at times especially in the wet. Can be coming out a corner you've been through a lot apply the tiniest amount of throttle and you're in a spin.

The horrendous "frame rate" of reflections in the car / mirrors - it's impossible to watch a car in your mirrors at about 2 frames / second.

Cockpit graphics are poor at best and look completely flat.

The loading times - took me something like 8 minutes before I was starting my first race (excluding the install time / starting the game up).

For anyone who hasn't tried, do a quick race in abu dhabi and be full throttle coming out of the pits (before you enter the tunnel), you'll control acceleration and hit ~140mph yet the AI will happily steer you through the tunnel like you're stuck on rails :/

I will agree with whoever said the graphics aren't that spectacular on High / Ultra, there's really nothing impressive about any of it ... Not to mention the load-times are a bit too steep for my liking.