[Official] F1 2010

I've never seen such an impression of speed - in fact, in cockpit view it's a little insane :laugh:

I actually don't feel the sense of speed in F1 2010, but you get used to it.

well any screenshots?

and it doesnt sound so demanding..

not more than nfs shift.. which wasnt so well optimised.

Plenty on the first page of this thread.

Running this fine on my i7-920 with a 4890 at ultra 8xmsaa 1920*1080

Had some time with the game on my PC.

My biggest gripe is the FFB in this game. The car feels so dead on my g25.

Moving the deadzone to 0% improved it a little but the only thing you seem to feel is the rumble of the curbs. I sure hope some mods can fix this.

The game is way to easy on the 2 lowest settings up to medium, after that it gets interesting.

The lack of descent replays or any TV style graphs / positions is also a bit of a turn-off ... What is it with all these camera's flying over the track?

Games like RBR, GTR 2 or Gran Turismo all have nice TV-style camera's, this game has cameras mounted on UFO's. Mods fixed this in Grid, lets hope they do for F1 2010.

Overall it's an OK somewhat arcady racer with a big-console-port-made-for-controllers-and-not-steeringwheels feeling.

wow..

the videos always looks great.

and guys how can they not make it for a steering wheel? the xbox has one. The ps3 supports some of logitechs.

well any user videos? :p

Has anybody managed to snag a copy of this for the Xbox 360 in the USA yet?

I've had mine on pre-order from Amazon but got an email from them today saying that they don't actually have it in stock and are "attempting to find" it.

I've looked on walmart.com, bestbuy.com and target.com. Seems nobody is stocking this for some reason.

Just finished 58 laps in Australia. Playing a 7 year career with legendary AI, moderate traction control enabled, automatic pit limiter (gives me a small break) but all other assists off. Beginning with Virgin. Qualified 14th and was coming 15th in the race until lap 55 where disaster struck; my front left tire got a puncture at the first corner so I had to do a whole lap on a flat :( Feeling damn ****ed about that. Hopefully I get some good upgrades throughout the year, it's a bloody slow car.

It's not a bad game, but I can't help feeling slightly disappointed on how arcadey it is, I was hoping for more of an rFactor experience but with proper career mode, AI and pits. I do applaud them for making the car setup easy but they should have let the option to tweak it a bit. I guess that's the engineers job though.

Obviously, this game isn't a demolition derby nor is it really a pick-me-up racer. It follows one discipline as the title suggests and if you find F1 boring then this game will be boring.

I recommend getting a steering wheel if you plan to do a full length race at a high level.

On another note, does anyone know exactly how to start off from the grid? I fall back a bit when I change into second and third gear.

I am doing a 7 year career at 50% on the hardest settings and no aids. I was running 11th for Lotus in Melbourne but I got a puncture (??) and also got a drive-through penalty for 'causing a collision' (I had the racing line) and ending up finishing 19th :( Pretty fun though, just what I expected. The only thing I feel I can complain about is the lack of weight in the wheel, especially when losing traction under braking. It was never meant to be a sim but having said that the handling is the most sim like for an 'arcade' game, good stuff from Codemasters, real good stuff.

@Billus, you have options to setup the car, check your monitor in the garage, it's the far right icon.

@Billus, you have options to setup the car, check your monitor in the garage, it's the far right icon.

Cheers for that. Damn, this would've helped me out quite a bit lol.

guys.. just got to play the game..

the handling is the best ever from CM.. it feels very responsive and sim like.

and i love how harder it gets in rain.

started a 5yr career with BMW sauber.. they want me at 15th postion end of season. im currently at 6th. playing on medium settings with traction control to low.

i got a xbox360 controller and it works pretty good with it.

running on max @ 1920x1080 with 2xMSAA :p

its very well optimised.

this lap at china i think.. the start and one other which i couldnt get right.

got 3rd place in 2nd race i think and 2nd place in 4th race..

in first i got 10th or so and in 3rd and 5th i got 24th :(

if u spin ... and u use up all the replay power. i get 3. and if u spin again its over.. and thats the only problem i face. and it dont happen early in the race. i think i get tired of driving and lose my concentration and give in ..

overall pretty awesome game :)

P.S. my car is very slow!!!!

Blub Blub Blub, my crappy graphics card won't let me play at decent frame rates even at lowest settings - 800x600 everything low, <21fps according to fraps.

Bought my PC for speed, quad core and all that jazz, but seeing as I have an XBOX360 I didn't bother about a fast graphics card. It's enough for Blu-Ray so not too bad.

Now my dilemma - buy a ?110 graphics card or the XBOX360 version?

Blub Blub Blub, my crappy graphics card won't let me play at decent frame rates even at lowest settings - 800x600 everything low, <21fps according to fraps.

Bought my PC for speed, quad core and all that jazz, but seeing as I have an XBOX360 I didn't bother about a fast graphics card. It's enough for Blu-Ray so not too bad.

Now my dilemma - buy a ?110 graphics card or the XBOX360 version?

The Graphics Card. The graphics on the PC I imagine absolutely blow the consoles out the water. Anti-Aliasing alone is a big need for me.

just played a time trial at Silverstone.

the engine sound get crappy when using 'swing man'/far camera :D, so turned off rapture & set to software mode.

runs smooth at 1024 at medium settings on a mobile 8600gs :p

anyways, can someone tell me how to set deadzone for xbox 360 controller?