[Official] F1 2010

I think it's a good idea to release it alongside the race. If it was still on ITV they could have included adverts during the break as well, but maybe they will plug the game before the start.

I'm gonna try and play the Singapore track at the same pace as the race :D

Don't forget to intentionally ram a car off the road if a Safety Car comes out in the actual race.

I've already decided to ram Alonso off the track in every race.

I think I'll join you in doing that... going to be as paranoid about Alonso as Alonso is about Hamilton. :rofl:

Why would it have the chain, thats for TV coverage.

Not sure if you know or not but they used to do the f1 games with TV commentators , F1:CE had Martin brundell and James allen doing the commentary, wonder if they have something similar on this .

No this is a "live the life" game in the series like GRID/DIRT/etc.. there is no commentary the only voices you hear are your team on the radio, hence no BBC TV branding, commentary or "the chain".

ShopTo despatched my copy first thing this morning. If it arrives tomorrow, I will be grinning from ear to ear all day.

It's ShopTo, so you'll almost certainly get it tomorrow. :)

I'm so unsure which format to get :/

I'd like to get the achievements on Xbox but would love to have the graphics brilliance of the PC version. Grrrr.

It uses Games for windows live so you'll still get achievements?

Soo... first impressions, anyone? Or are you all busy playing?

/jealous :crazy:

Also wouldn't mind knowing seeming how I might have to wait till Friday (Hoping I can actually get a copy tomorrow) like yourself.

Still find it kind of silly that a game developed in the UK gets released in the UK last. I know it's due to a few different factors out of the devs control but still.

so my friend in the US has the game and he says the game puts you straight into things soon as you create a profile by holding an interview where you get to choose name, nationality, 3, 5 or 7 season career and your starting team (only Cosworth-based ones available), running you through the various things like your agent, your difficulty options and your choice of helmets then your career progression. Once you start your first race (Bahrain) you're introduced to your engineer etc and there's a countdown timer - you basically start when you like and it appears your choice of WHEN to start could influence your lap times depending on traffic around you when you come out of the pits. That sounds awesome and just like reality.

He said there's no graphical options in the ESC menu but plenty of driver assist options.