[Official] F1 2010

Ive only played time trial as im waiting while i order my new PC to play it, one thing i hate is unskippable intros i dont know why they have to have someone waffle on.

Basically you start at a press conference as introducing yourself as a new driver to the press, you type your first and last name in and the game really irritates me straight away it asks you what you would prefer to be called which im guessing they have some pre-recorded names and my name isnt on the list and it wont let you just skip that so if your name isnt on the list you have to put up with the game calling you a different name, you get to choose the continent you are on not a specific country like Europe/Asia/America, you pick your helmet design then what team you want to start with from Lotus, HRT or Virgin Racing, you get to choose what type of contract you want 3/5/7 seasons then there is a long winded introduction by your agent waffling on about what options are available to you in your trailer and she explains about talking to the press how it could positively or negatively affect your relationships. I chose Lotus but it didnt let me choose which teammate i wanted it just plonked me with Trulli, i dont know if its random which team mate you will get but it would have been nice to have had the option.

Then i just went straight into time trial i dont want to start career on a crappy PC, first impressions are you really cant play this on a keyboard i turned all the aids off and i was bouncing off the rev limiter using automatic gearbox (i hate gears i never use manual) you REALLY need analogue accelerator and brakes. I cant really comment on graphics because im running low res/medium detail but even then its pretty gorgeous looking, the animations irritate me a bit when you steer with keyboard the wheel smoothly turns in whatever direction you press but if you let go of the key the wheel just snaps back to centre so steering looks really twitchy but its a relatively minor niggle.

What does annoy me are the engine sounds, i drove a Mclaren round silverstone in time trial and they have modelled the car with the blown defuser but it doesnt have the signature engine/exhaust rumble that the real car does so that was a massive dissappointment for me.

I cant really comment on career mode as i havent played it, apart from the minor niggles i really love this game and i cant wait to play career mode.

There are graphics options you have to change them in your trailer, like Dirt and Grid it wont let you change graphics options while in a race.

Ok so just finished the first race of the season. Did the full race length , all 49laps.

All I can say is I love it, the graphics are simply amazing the racing is thrilling and while I was playing I didn't even notice the time passing by.

is it worth it?

the biggest thing with codemasters racing games is that it gets boring way to early..

like dirt2 specially..

it becomes very repetitve..

i know weather wouldnt let that happen..

but does it get boring ??? for anybody?

well u didnt get what i meant from repetitive..

i dont mind doing 50 laps around a track..

i just dun want every track to look and feel the same..

like in dirt2..

it was all dirt and mud.. dust.. nothing else..

no green china or japan rally areas.. no snow areas..

and they have this yellow tint thing i hate..

is it still present ? because its on the same game engine..

a little modified i agree.

thank God they got rid of that tint.

anybody tried it on max 1920x1080 res??

wats the performance like?

dirt2 or is it more demanding?

Yes, was running it on 1920x1080 last night. Runs smooth (on my rig anyway).

One thing I don't like about it though is that it feels like the car isn't actually attached to the ground. It somehow feels like the car is floating just above the surface. It's kind of weird. Only played it for about 30 mins. Will get into it more today but overall impressed. Looks good and runs smooth just that weird car handling factor.

You should be fine then, i ran it in medium to high details in 1920x1200 on a Q8200 2.66Ghz and Nvidia GT240 graphics card.

Doesn't sound promising for me..

AMD 5600+

GF8600 GT

Maybe the best I canhope for is 1024x768 on medium ...guess I will go for the console version then. But I would like to try it on on my PC first :pinch:

Yep it installs all the files then silently installs direct x and anything else it needs.

Been over 30 minutes so far - crazy.

normal? i dont think so... installed in a couple of minutes for me

Yeh, there's something weird going on here.

EDIT: I forced the installer to quit, but all the game files are there, including the shortcuts on the Start menu etc.

Strange. Oh well, let's get going.

and your starting team (only Cosworth-based ones available),

mmm weird. Started with a 3 season career and as well as the Cosworth teams, also had the option of Force India with the Mercedes power plant (which of course I chose). The difference I think is what is expected of you depending on what team you pick. If you pick HRT for example your probably expected to finish around 20th out of 24 in the race but picking Force India, you are expected to qualify 10th and come 8th in the race (and of course beat your team mate).

i think it will manage max settings with no AA.. coz a gts250 is faster than a gt240.

and well guys post some screenshots here :)

The floaty feeling is there in dirt2 aswell but its expected as the cars hardly have any grip.

Running an Intel Core i5-750, 4 GB DDR3 and a GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 (896 MB) and the game runs flawlessly at maximum detail with 4XAA @ 1680x1050.

Boring game, though...

boring how?

It's just going around a track, and you can't as much as touch another player without being penalised lots etc.

Guess it's not my sport.

1920*1080 res with ultra settings and 8x aa and it runs flawlessly on my specs.

The intro was a little annoying since it wasn't skippable but that's a minor detail.

Race options re: car setup/tyres/length of course etc seem very approachable with room for the more technical gamer to tweak to their hearts content.

I've never seen such an impression of speed - in fact, in cockpit view it's a little insane :laugh:

I'm running on the preset "Medium" settings which is a bit vanilla but it's still hard to control the car. I think the penalty system is very forgiving - you get lots of warnings but not too much happens although I did get a penalty for causing a collision which was caused by me having to swerve to avoid someone else :angry:

Can't wait til I get my wheel on Friday to give this a proper run out :D

I did get pole and win my second race in Australia in the rain even with the 360 controller which was very usable.

It's just going around a track, and you can't as much as touch another player without being penalised lots etc.

Guess it's not my sport.

Yup, sounds like demolition derby is more your game.