[Official] Bulletstorm

haha...well now we know we won't be seeing any green barrels any time soon

In the beginning we had green barrels, but people didn't get it right away.

They got completely ignored by the players and no one guessed or assumed that they were explosive. Why not? Because they weren't red. Everyone knows that only the red barrels are explosive. There's a lot of stuff going on in Bulletstorm at the same time, so it's vital for us that the player can quickly read the environment and act intuitively. This is especially true since you can leash and kick objects as well so they can be flying all over the place. There's no time to analyze objects on a detail level, so the shape and color have to be enough. It became apparent for us that the most efficient way to communicate its purpose was to make it red.

"Just making it red" seems like a straightforward approach...

http://www.peoplecanfly.com/blog/2011/01/we-had-to-use-red-barrels/

^ Haha, that's so true though. I was playing Crysis Warhead yesterday, and I came across some red barrels. The first thought that went through my mind was: "those will blow up if I shoot them!". And sure enough, they did.

Oh, barrels. Such a simple idea that has persisted for so long in the genre :).

Cliff Blirtzinski is meh!! But I do like the look of this game.

Hardware requirements:

Minimal

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2 - 1,6 GHz

RAM: 1,5 GB

HDD: 9 GB

GPU: 256 MB; NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 256 MB

Internet Connection

Recommended

CPU: QuadCore 2,0 GHz

RAM: 2 GB

HDD: 9 GB

GPU: 512 MB; NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon 4870

Broadband Internet Connection

Minimal are low ;)

Hahahaha! That was great. In case anyone doesn't get it, it's a play on a similar trailer for Halo 3 (

).

Hahahaha! That was great. In case anyone doesn't get it, it's a play on a similar trailer for Halo 3 (

).

Yeah I knew there was something similar there. :laugh:

Yeah honestly, I am getting more and more psyched about this game. I really loved Painkiller, so right there just seems like a no brainer to me.

EDIT - Strange, I went to Steam to see how much the PC version was going to be, and I could not find it at all. It is coming out for PC right?

Yeah it is coming out for the PC mate (thank god, you nearly had me worried!)

No idea why it isn't on Steam. Does the fact it is on EA Store make a difference?

http://www.bulletstorm.com/#preorder

Cool thanks for the info. And nope, usually games that are on the EA Store have also appeared on Steam, Bad Company 2 being a good example, but who knows, maybe they are trying something different. Cool though, I knew it had to be on the PC, then I went and read the first post in this thread, and saw that the PC was actually the lead development platform, so makes it that much better. (Y)

Finally entered this thread and I have to say that this game looks fantastic. I love me some good old fashioned non-sensical domination and I'll be picking this up for the 360. Been waiting for a solid game ever since I got over Halo...

Yeah honestly, I am getting more and more psyched about this game. I really loved Painkiller, so right there just seems like a no brainer to me.

EDIT - Strange, I went to Steam to see how much the PC version was going to be, and I could not find it at all. It is coming out for PC right?

Q: Will the PC version of Bulletstorm be available on Steam?

A: Yes. Bulletstorm will be available on Steam 2-22-11.

From Bulletstorm's twitter:

I thought one of the features of Steam was the ability to preload games before the release date and have it unlocked on the correct. Seems kinda of stupid not to use Steam to its fullest ability...