[Official] Bulletstorm

I can't see the trailer videos due to a block.

Is it true this an arena based shooter?

If so, I hope the story isn't as weak as the one tacked on for the new UT. ):

I don't think so. All I've seen so far has been footage from the SP campaign. It's similar to Unreal Tournament 3 and much better looking. It'll have a campaign of its own like Gears of War complete with mini bosses and bosses. It also features an cool gameplay mechanic called the "Skillshot system". Basically, it's a way of killing enemies in an over-the-top and interesting way.

Check out this interview for more info:

I'm Swoonin :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new interview out. Shockingly :laugh: the game is story based

But for me, personally, the most important thing is the story. In Painkiller, it was clearly an excuse to just mix all these crazy levels together, while in Bulletstorm the story comes first, and the game is built around it. People who – based on a few core gameplay movies we have released – think that Bulletstorm is just a "mindless shooter full of toilet humor" are going to be in s shock when they experience the full game. The good kind of shock, that is.

Source (and the full interview): Bigdownload

• 2 weeks later...

This looks awesome, and the fact that it was originally developed on the PC is a major plus in my book.

Pull up your skirt & strap that dildo onnnn, yeahhhhhh!

Song name is Hey Man Nice Shot and it's by Filter if anyone was wondering.

I knew that song was familiar, thanks!

I'm more excited about this game than any game releasing this holiday season, more than Rage, more than Portal 2. Well, maybe not Portal 2, but it's up there.

Haha! I was just about to post that trailer. My brother showed it to me and I am even more excited for this game.

• 3 weeks later...

They keep talking about the story, I wonder if it's really gonna be that good.

I think that's their main selling point. It's a story-driven shooter with over-the-top mechanics (skillshot gameplay system). Take away the story and you're left with a slightly unique shooter. I'm already sold though. The game looks fantastic and the gameplay looks even better.