[Official] Bulletstorm

hmmm public holidays in the way again...but it's a Tuesday launch! shouldn't be affected. so it's still launching on the 22nd? people here seem to think it's the end of the month or something.

hmmm public holidays in the way again...but it's a Tuesday launch! shouldn't be affected. so it's still launching on the 22nd? people here seem to think it's the end of the month or something.

People who preorder, they get there shippment shipped a day early (in most cases), holiday like today will delay it. They game which I'm suppose to get on release day will get the next day.

Still coming out here tonight at midnight, most of the stores have had them in stock for probably close to a week now. I will be picking mine up in the morning and while im out going to pick up a copy of Due Date :p

My order details still list February 22nd. Though my estimated shipping date is the 24th. The perils of pre-ordering from Future Shop, I suppose :( .

I got release date shipping so I damn well better get it tomorrow :rofl:

I actually just got a package fro newegg today with regular ups free shipping and today is presidents day, so I don't imagine it should really be delaying shipments and such.

Preordered at gamestation getting mine on friday. Sucks having to wait a few days longer because I live in the UK :angry:

I found a giftcard for GAME yesterday, not sure if i should preorder it there now instead of gamestation :huh:

T8

Preordered at gamestation getting mine on friday. Sucks having to wait a few days longer because I live in the UK :angry:

I found a giftcard for GAME yesterday, not sure if i should preorder it there now instead of gamestation :huh:

T8

Found? :whistle:

Picked mine up this morning when GameStop opened. The campaign is pretty much identical to GoW just different location, guns, and enemies. The textures on the characters is horrible in the cut scenes up close but at a distance they look great as does the game it self. So far I am enjoying it, what's everyone's opinion of the game?

EDIT: I am sure this has been said but the game does have the online pass stuff like Medal of Honor did, so if your looking at renting the game just be warned you will have to fork over $10 to get online access.

EDIT: I am sure this has been said but the game does have the online pass stuff like Medal of Honor did, so if your looking at renting the game just be warned you will have to fork over $10 to get online access.

Everyone needs to bond together and fight this online pass crap. Total stealing of our money.

Everyone needs to bond together and fight this online pass crap. Total stealing of our money.

They're not stealing ****.

They're stopping places like Gamestop from stealing THEIR money.

They're not stealing ****.

They're stopping places like Gamestop from stealing THEIR money.

Stealing what money? What other business ever makes profit off second hand sales of their product? None. They get paid the first time, the user base never changes. There is not double users on a server because of used games, the ratio is always 1:1, or less, because maybe someone who purchased it new sold it and now its on the shelves in a store ( where then the original producers made their money and are now even maybe saving on bandwidth for servers, if they even host them now.... ) . You sir and very very misinformed about how business works.

Does Levi get any money from used sales of their clothes? Does Toyota get money from used car sales sold on someones lot owned by a independent dealer? Does anyone get money from a pawn shop for the sales of the used merchandise? NOPE, so why should games be the only difference?\

before you try standing up for something, make sure you know what it is your are even standing up for, and the reasoning behind it.

Stealing what money? What other business ever makes profit off second hand sales of their product? None. They get paid the first time, the user base never changes. There is not double users on a server because of used games, the ratio is always 1:1, or less, because maybe someone who purchased it new sold it and now its on the shelves in a store ( where then the original producers made their money and are now even maybe saving on bandwidth for servers, if they even host them now.... ) . You sir and very very misinformed about how business works.

Does Levi get any money from used sales of their clothes? Does Toyota get money from used car sales sold on someones lot owned by a independent dealer? Does anyone get money from a pawn shop for the sales of the used merchandise? NOPE, so why should games be the only difference?\

before you try standing up for something, make sure you know what it is your are even standing up for, and the reasoning behind it.

I know the reasoning behind it. Game developers want more money. Who are we to deny them that?

Video game developers are all about making money. If they can find ways to make more money, then all the power to them.

It's kind of like how PC games with multiplayer aspects aren't resold to game stores, or that people don't buy them second hand. They would need another legit key to play online. If they want that, they gotta buy it new.

Who cares if games are the "only difference".

Why should the developers lose out on potential money when someone waits 6-8 months before buying a game for cheaper second hand?

I know the reasoning behind it. Game developers want more money. Who are we to deny them that?

Video game developers are all about making money. If they can find ways to make more money, then all the power to them.

Who cares if games are the "only difference".

Why should the developers lose out on potential money when someone waits 6-8 months before buying a game for cheaper second hand?

Trust me, you do not want a industry nickle and diming the customers. No customer wants that. What if all Movie rentals required you to pay an additional dollar for each friend you were letting watch it with you? A company should find a way to make a profit without ripping its customers off. Any company that does rip their customers off because they want more money, is not a customer friendly company, and should not be dealt with by any consumers. What if when you bought anything off ebay, you had to pay 10 bucks to whichever company made the product? Is that really the world you want to start setting up, one based soley off greed and ripping people off?

I don't need to play this game, nor do I need online. But if a company wants to try and nickle and dime its way through everything, I sure won't be one filling their wallets.

Trust me, you do not want a industry nickle and diming the customers. No customer wants that. What if all Movie rentals required you to pay an additional dollar for each friend you were letting watch it with you? A company should find a way to make a profit without ripping its customers off. Any company that does rip their customers off because they want more money, is not a customer friendly company, and should not be dealt with by any consumers. What if when you bought anything off ebay, you had to pay 10 bucks to whichever company made the product? Is that really the world you want to start setting up, one based soley off greed and ripping people off?

Sorry, but that's the world we live in right now.

Also, technically, when you buy a movie to watch, you aren't supposed to allow other people to watch it with you.

And the movie analogy doesn't work, because when you have people over to watch a movie, that's fine. Just like having people over to play a video game. That's fine.

I think proceeds from online stores and resellers should have a way of paying the company who made the product. You shouldn't have to pay extra from it, but there should be a fee off the final price paid.

That's why I buy almost everything I own brand new. I don't screw over companies who make things :)

Sorry, but that's the world we live in right now.

Also, technically, when you buy a movie to watch, you aren't supposed to allow other people to watch it with you.

And the movie analogy doesn't work, because when you have people over to watch a movie, that's fine. Just like having people over to play a video game. That's fine.

I think proceeds from online stores and resellers should have a way of paying the company who made the product. You shouldn't have to pay extra from it, but there should be a fee off the final price paid.

That's why I buy almost everything I own brand new. I don't screw over companies who make things :)

You never screw a company over buying a used product though. They already sold it, and the person who had it sold it to someone else. No loss or anything, just a even balance. If they don't make a profit, they either made a bad game or had horrible publishing. But they aren't losing money. They would be losing money if someone just somehow kept getting their games for a used price or free, while no one was buying them new. But you have to remember, every used sale was a new sale before. They make their money the first time, and that is all they deserve. Or should gamers be looked down upon for selling games to used game stores because it maybe sucked in the opinion? Should a company make just pure profit on an item if the customer grows tired of it? Should all gamers just start throwing games in the trash to save companies from used game sales? Horrible logic, especially for a consumers mind.

You never screw a company over buying a used product though. They already sold it, and the person who had it sold it to someone else. No loss or anything, just a even balance. If they don't make a profit, they either made a bad game or had horrible publishing. But they aren't losing money. They would be losing money if someone just somehow kept getting their games for a used price or free, while no one was buying them new. But you have to remember, every used sale was a new sale before. They make their money the first time, and that is all they deserve. Or should gamers be looked down upon for selling games to used game stores because it maybe sucked in the opinion? Should a company make just pure profit on an item if the customer grows tired of it? Should all gamers just start throwing games in the trash to save companies from used game sales? Horrible logic, especially for a consumers mind.

Look, I know i'll never change your mind.

They are losing money buy someone not buying the game new. Sure they made money the first time the game was sold. But they lose potential money by someone buying it second hand instead of brand new.

I never said anyone should throw games in the trash. I just said that I don't see the issue with charging people a fee to play online. What's so wrong with that? Obviously it's working or else there would be huge backlash over it.

I will be on later today on the 360. If anyone wants to add me to their friends list they are welcome to . Just let me kno2 you're from neowin