[Official] Bulletstorm

There's something about this game that makes me laugh as I kill everything in any way possible, and I'm having a blast while I do it! If I could afford it, I'd get this and Crysis 2 on day 1. Both games are excellent, IMO.

I think the problem is how the game play is being centered around you making the "coolest" kills, while in most players minds, they are just trying to survive and get through the level. With death still being an option, I found myself just gunning people down to save my life instead of trying to get a fancy kill.

I think the problem is how the game play is being centered around you making the "coolest" kills, while in most players minds, they are just trying to survive and get through the level. With death still being an option, I found myself just gunning people down to save my life instead of trying to get a fancy kill.

Hmmm, I kind of saw it the other way around, meaning it put pressure on getting the coolest kills because one could die so it made pulling the coolest kill off that much more satisfying. I also found that one can take a whole, whole lot of damage. I purposely saw how much damage I could take, and I never died once in my 3 play troughs of the demo. I admit I am biased though as I do like the whole premise and execution a whole lot. Just something about it I think is just really damn cool. I also really enjoyed Painkiller, so I have been looking forward to this game ever since it was announced, and was hoping People Can Fly have great success with it, as I feel they deserve it based on Painkiller. Seems I am in the minority though, as the general consensus here seems to be not to many people like it, and think the game itself is kind of boring or poorly.

One thing it did take a whole lot of getting used to was not being able to jump at all. I think it could have added a whole other element to getting cool kills, like for example jumping headshot, or making kicks that much more powerful, etc.

Well, I already have the PC version paid for in full, and will be renting the 360 version since I have a lot of friends on my 360 friends list who I know for sure will not touch the PC version, and this does without a doubt seem like a game that will be a whole lot of fun playing with other people.

Hmmm, I kind of saw it the other way around, meaning it put pressure on getting the coolest kills because one could die so it made pulling the coolest kill off that much more satisfying. I also found that one can take a whole, whole lot of damage. I purposely saw how much damage I could take, and I never died once in my 3 play troughs of the demo. I admit I am biased though as I do like the whole premise and execution a whole lot. Just something about it I think is just really damn cool. I also really enjoyed Painkiller, so I have been looking forward to this game ever since it was announced, and was hoping People Can Fly have great success with it, as I feel they deserve it based on Painkiller. Seems I am in the minority though, as the general consensus here seems to be not to many people like it, and think the game itself is kind of boring or poorly.

One thing it did take a whole lot of getting used to was not being able to jump at all. I think it could have added a whole other element to getting cool kills, like for example jumping headshot, or making kicks that much more powerful, etc.

Well, I already have the PC version paid for in full, and will be renting the 360 version since I have a lot of friends on my 360 friends list who I know for sure will not touch the PC version, and this does without a doubt seem like a game that will be a whole lot of fun playing with other people.

It's a shame, because I love painkiller. But this... it wasn't about linking weapons and kills, but just linking your whip and then shooting at someone. There didn't seem to really be any "skill" involved with getting the kills, unlike painkiller which had you shooting like a grenade in the air only to then hit it with your xbow and stick it to a guy... bulletstorm just has you go, use whip to pull or throw up, then press fire on your gun, or press fire on your gun and then whip them. Maybe the demo just sucks and the real game is good... but it was just so lackluster.

For those saying this game lacks any skill, you try getting 10k or even 20k on the demo. On top of that, half of the kills I do don't even use the leash. Baffling how anyone could say the demo is boring when the game is anything but. To each their own, I guess.

This game appears to be marmite.

Those that hate it seem to have forgotten what fun is.

You make absolutely no sense. Because someone disagrees with you because they think it's not fun, it means they're incapable of having fun? Please. It's just mundane gameplay to me. I had very little fun with it, as it simply wasn't entertaining. Maybe it will grow on me, but I doubt it.

It's a shame, because I love painkiller. But this... it wasn't about linking weapons and kills, but just linking your whip and then shooting at someone. There didn't seem to really be any "skill" involved with getting the kills, unlike painkiller which had you shooting like a grenade in the air only to then hit it with your xbow and stick it to a guy... bulletstorm just has you go, use whip to pull or throw up, then press fire on your gun, or press fire on your gun and then whip them. Maybe the demo just sucks and the real game is good... but it was just so lackluster.

Maybe you just need to find more creative ways to kill.

Shoot a guy in the groin... then kick him in the face... or turn a guy into a floating minefield. or kick a guy into some electrical wires. once or twice.

<Snipped>

I decided to hold off on this game. I'm not interested in any of the multiplayer features so I'll get it in a year or so when it's 75% off on Steam.

Edited by Anaron

Cleaned

Whether you like it or not, everyone's entitled to their opinion. The off-topic arguing ends here.

http://botchweed.com/news/bulletstorm-pc-requires-constant-internet-connection/

Wow EA is really screwing over the PC gamers with this game. First they don?t release a demo on the PC, now it seems that in order to play this game, gamers must have a constant internet connection. This means that even if you lose the connection for a few seconds, you?ll be kicked out of the game.

This news was discovered in EA?s product disclosure. After all of the news you?ve heard about the PC version, anybody out there still interested in picking the game up?

I actually enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Personally, the Echoes mode reminded me of what The Club tried to pull off a few years ago, but over here it's executed much more effectively. I can see myself rushing through the Campaign mode as fast as possible just to unlock the Echoes maps, and then I imagine those will keep me busy for a good while.

Coming from somebody who's a big fan of these types of games (shooters with combo systems and asymmetric competitive aspects, i.e. RE's Mercenaries mode or The Club), the demo was right up my alley. I can definitely see why somebody wouldn't enjoy it, but personally, I'm thinking this will be a day one purchase for me. Don't think I'll bother with the Epic Edition though.

I actually enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Personally, the Echoes mode reminded me of what The Club tried to pull off a few years ago, but over here it's executed much more effectively. I can see myself rushing through the Campaign mode as fast as possible just to unlock the Echoes maps, and then I imagine those will keep me busy for a good while.

Coming from somebody who's a big fan of these types of games (shooters with combo systems and asymmetric competitive aspects, i.e. RE's Mercenaries mode or The Club), the demo was right up my alley. I can definitely see why somebody wouldn't enjoy it, but personally, I'm thinking this will be a day one purchase for me. Don't think I'll bother with the Epic Edition though.

The Epic edition is the same price as the standard and it has like bonus stuff aswell as access to the Gears 3 beta.