Apple Media Event, October 20th

Did you really expect a Windows version :unsure:

Erm, it would be the intelligent thing to do to expand your userbase. I didn't expect it immediately, but I do expect it down the road.

Oh my god, don't tell me the App Store is going to be the only way to get applications for Mac OS X?

Haha Steve agrees me with me: Touch screen computers don't work!

Edit Pfew... App Store is optional on Mac OS X. Universal Update, one less reason to switch to Ubuntu from Mac OS X. :p

Oh my god, don't tell me the App Store is going to be the only way to get applications for Mac OS X?

I REALLY doubt it.... but it will help indie dev to promote their apps and to easily charge for them

Haha Steve agrees me with me: Touch screen computers don't work!

I seriously hope this doesn't catch on :/ with Microsoft making app store for Windows 8 and now Apple - both want a cut from the app developers.

I seriously hope this doesn't catch on :/ with Microsoft making app store for Windows 8 and now Apple - both want a cut from the app developers.

Charging users is a really hard process, the way apple did it on the iPhone makes it easy and it's well worth the 30% they ask for (including hosting etc etc)

I feel like the App store is nothing new. hasn't that always existed, but just on the apple web site?

and launch pad is interesting, but I would find it weird having my apps on the dock and that

I feel like the App store is nothing new. hasn't that always existed, but just on the apple web site?

It will be more integrated to the OS like the appstore is for the iphone

Charging users is a really hard process, the way apple did it on the iPhone makes it easy and it's well worth the 30% they ask for (including hosting etc etc)

If they had this a while back, maybe Brian Clark wouldn't have discontinued Thoth and his other programs.

so far everything is not impressive. Instead of bring all this ipad crap and launchad, how about you just fix finder?

what i'm getting from this is apple ran out of ideas for OSX

It will be more integrated to the OS like the appstore is for the iphone

Yes, there's that, and there is also the fact that the paid apps will be licensed for any of your personal Macs (a really cool thing for people who have more than one).

so far everything is not impressive. Instead of bring all this ipad crap and launchad, how about you just fix finder?

they finally added "Maximize", give them a break :p

If they had this a while back, maybe Brian Clark wouldn't have discontinued Thoth and his other programs.

Well I know that if it's anything like what's out there on the iPhone, I'm starting to consider developing for OSX....something I never really did before

i liked the way the green buttons works already, it makes sense with OSX. apps in OSX are not meant to go full screen, that's the way OSX is built and I like it that way. HAving things full screen makes multitasking harder.