Mac OS X Lion Discussion

Wow, with this new info (and I can only imagine more info to come) I'm actually starting to get a bit excited.

My only reservation is the whole elimination of the "open and closed apps" concept. I think I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that sense, because I would like to still fully terminate an application and have it start fresh when I want it to.

It was one of those strange Apple inconsistencies that needed to be sorted out one way or another. Why does iPhoto close when iTunes doesn't? And yes, I know why, but it's not intuitive.

It was one of those strange Apple inconsistencies that needed to be sorted out one way or another. Why does iPhoto close when iTunes doesn't? And yes, I know why, but it's not intuitive.

+1

and I'm sure there will be a way to "restart" an application, there is a way on iOS ;)

The new developer preview has me confused about the new window style without a title bar... Looks like I won't be going system-wide after all? :/

The full-screen view in Mail 5 makes getting the message easier than ever.

Because it's ten times as hard in windowed mode? :laugh:

Nearly done installing Lion on my MBP. :D

Edit: The progress bars have a new "inset" style to them (well, at least if the installer is any indication). They're not like the iPhoto '11 progress bars.

Nearly done installing Lion on my MBP. :D

Edit: The progress bars have a new "inset" style to them (well, at least if the installer is any indication). They're not like the iPhoto '11 progress bars.

We need screenshots of everything!

AirDrop = DropBox ??

From what I can see maybe, but does it also store your data on Apple's servers? I thought it was strickly p2p (which I would personally prefer, I don't really need my data outside my house)

It looks like Core Duo is no longer supported, is it right? From Core 2 Duo and on. I really hope by 10.8 that Core 2 Duo won't be obsolete for Apple otherwise my mbp late 2009 will be done lol

It looks like Core Duo is no longer supported, is it right? From Core 2 Duo and on. I really hope by 10.8 that Core 2 Duo won't be obsolete for Apple otherwise my mbp late 2009 will be done lol

I doubt it, seeing how they were selling C2D MacBook Pros until yesterday.

Most likely they moved to 64bit only so the core duo are out. I'll have to sign up for the Mac developer program so I can download it tonight ;) I was waiting for a good reason to buy it.

I doubt it, seeing how they were selling C2D MacBook Pros until yesterday.

And they're still selling them in the MBA :D

Indicator lights for open apps is still an option, but they've been disabled by default since the OS pretty much hides the whole open/closed metaphor from you (and seems to do a great job at it).