Finally bought Skyrim in the Steam summer sale at the weekend, played 10 hours already! It really is an amazing game. I've joined the Thieves Guild too after getting around an annoying bug. I haven't done many side quests yet but now I'm going to go back and find them all because I need to be a higher level to stop dying in the dungeons :p

Any mods anybody highly recommends? At the moment I have the Sounds of Skyrim ones and a Games of Thrones shield mod and Robert Baratheon's armour.

i started using http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17802 Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel yesterday, so far its pretty cool, just forewarning though, night gets dark, you can still make out stuff, but make sure you and your companion have a torch

and i combine that with http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/85 Enhanced Night Skyrim ( both stars and Color Nebula versions )

i started using http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17802 Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel yesterday, so far its pretty cool, just forewarning though, night gets dark, you can still make out stuff, but make sure you and your companion have a torch

and i combine that with http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/85 Enhanced Night Skyrim ( both stars and Color Nebula versions )

Oh YES! Those are both great! I just refreshed my Skyrim install because I had something like 200+ mods installed (now I am down to 60) and have been seeing things like clothes disappearing and stuff... figured my system was being taxed by all the mods... but even with the fresh install I am seeing the problems now. I had not seen them before 1.6, now that I think about it.

and have been seeing things like clothes disappearing and stuff... figured my system was being taxed by all the mods... but even with the fresh install I am seeing the problems now. I had not seen them before 1.6, now that I think about it.

item and texture mods + the high rez pack from bathesda will cause that, had same issue happen to me, till i removed the high rez packs

Finally bought Skyrim in the Steam summer sale at the weekend, played 10 hours already! It really is an amazing game. I've joined the Thieves Guild too after getting around an annoying bug. I haven't done many side quests yet but now I'm going to go back and find them all because I need to be a higher level to stop dying in the dungeons :p

Any mods anybody highly recommends? At the moment I have the Sounds of Skyrim ones and a Games of Thrones shield mod and Robert Baratheon's armour.

Looks a page or two back. I posted a bunch of mods that mostly leave the vanilla gameplay in place and are just improvements in various ways.

item and texture mods + the high rez pack from bathesda will cause that, had same issue happen to me, till i removed the high rez packs

Is it just their hi-rez stuff or can you still add in some other improvements? What mods do you run? I should think my card could handle it... 570. Then again it is short on VRAM... only 1.5.

Is it just their hi-rez stuff or can you still add in some other improvements? What mods do you run? I should think my card could handle it... 570. Then again it is short on VRAM... only 1.5.

If textures are outright missing that has nothing to do with vram. That means a mod isn't installed correctly or is missing some files. At least your game thinks it is missing.

Idk..unless you are talking about graphic modifications it is probably worth playing through w/o any mods until you get bored and want to try mods. I highly recommend SkyUI for inventory management on PC... the default is really sad in comparison.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, because if I get bored of the game with mods that's pretty much the end of it :p

I'll have to get around to installing SkyUI, a couple of friends have it and they say it's very good.

yoru card will be fine, as far as the hi-rez stuff, some mods will conflict with the high rez texture pack from bathesda, say an armor mod, ( example, if you have custom armor, it may use a custom mesh or textures that the bathesda hi rez pack will overwrite, missing some stuff in the process if it doesnt overright everything )

I'm digging Convenient Horses. Its cool to have my follower have their own horse, store items on my horse's pack, and have my horse run away from combat instead of trying to take on dragons.

I'm digging Convenient Horses. Its cool to have my follower have their own horse, store items on my horse's pack, and have my horse run away from combat instead of trying to take on dragons.

Ha ha, I hate when my stupid horse runs into combat and gets itself killed. :laugh:

Is there anyway to get Shadowmere w/o completing the dark brotherhood story line?

Hummm... I don't know. I play in the xbox so there's not really a way to bring things 'to life' using the console as there is with the PC. I had to progress in the dark brotherhood storyline to get Shadowmere. Felt bad about killing some people but I really wanted that horse. :D

I haven't touched this is ages, I really need to get back into this. Now that I've completed Arkham Asylum, this is where my hours are going :p

I haven't touched this is ages, I really need to get back into this. Now that I've completed Arkham Asylum, this is where my hours are going :p

Its amazing how repayable this game is. I heard there is an Elder Scrolls MMO in the works. I hope that it isn't true, or if it is true it won't hurt the progress of Elder Scrolls 6. I really can't wait for Elder Scrolls 6.

Its amazing how repayable this game is. I heard there is an Elder Scrolls MMO in the works. I hope that it isn't true, or if it is true it won't hurt the progress of Elder Scrolls 6. I really can't wait for Elder Scrolls 6.

The MMO is out next year, it is developed by another dev team, so it won't affect Bethesda developing Fallout 4 and the next Elder Scrolls.

If textures are outright missing that has nothing to do with vram. That means a mod isn't installed correctly or is missing some files. At least your game thinks it is missing.

Well, they start out there, then disappear... say I go through a door or I fast travel or something... there then, poof. Gone.

Just bought Dawn Guard. Installing.